It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1949 Mercury Dwarf Car! Look what a normal guy can do, any car lover will enjoy this greatly!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
need to mass produce those. make some of them bubble gum pink.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

That is an awesome car...splendid work done there. Back in the day, I used to love helping hubby "create" new cars out of old ones. Many a summer day we spent working outdoors and it was actually fun. The smell of the bondo and doing wet sanding and grinding and all of that...it is truly a lost art nowadays, We enjoyed fixing up old camaros and firebirds but my favorites were always somethin Mopar. Got a hold of an old Plymouth once...ugly olive paint and shredded vinyl roof. Re-did the whole thing...tore off the vinyl and painted it a nice medium blue metallic. Loved that car.

New cars aren't so special nowadays. The ole muscle cars were the best. Hubby just got rid of a Hemi Callenger 2010 for a 2013 Mustang but I'd rather have one of the oldies but goodies to fix up any ole day.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

It was meant to have a glossier black 'ghosted' flame, but once the grill got the black chrome, I think that would have been to much. All in all, just a lil too fancy for me. Really, I'm a foor door, dog dish hubcap, low chrome type

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Ummm......Wow, that is absolutely amazing. I love his comment's about using a refridgerator door for his dashboards.....talk about recycling. There's so much ingenuity combined into the project that it just floors me. I've always dreamed of building my own car or motorcycle. I always wanted to try putting a rotary engine from a Mazda RX7 on a motorcycle, I guess I was imagining the rotor acting like a gyroscope....I guess it'll have to wait until after I retire. Thanks for this thread, it sure is a welcome relief from all the politics...nice to set that aside and just admire this mans work.

A much deserved S&F good sir.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

Ummm...really nice...I always wanted to do that to a Chevy, Apache. drop the roof about 3" 's That flat black would look nice with those life-look flames...except you'd probably get some guy trying to fire extinguish them.
. I could just see someone dousing them. Nice job, dont cut yourself short, if you can chop the top and make it look that good you could build your own, bottom up. Trial and error, but if you measure twice before you cut instead of cutting it twice...and it's still too short...then you can't go wrong.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Hey that was pretty neat! Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That's pretty cool! A guy I used to work for is building a 56 chevy pickup, but it's been cut down 3/4 scale, so it's about the size of an S-10. Also saw a 55 Bel Air that was shortened into a 2 seater that was pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm just guessing this guy doesn't watch a lot of television. It's amazing what a person can do if he uses his time. That ain't no car. That's art. Andy Warhol step aside.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would hate to be driving that car on the highway, sandwiched between a couple of 18 wheelers on a stormy night.

Amazing craftsmanship!!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'd like to know what kind of MPG he gets..? I really think a car with that much style that gets great mileage is better than sliced bread!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Enzo954

what are you talking about, you can just drive under them lol ^^

top topics

<< 1   >>

join