It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Keith O'Brien steps down as Archbishop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I am no great fan of the Catholic church and I was raised as Roman Catholic which unfortunately set me back a few years in my quest for actual knowledge, I digress - If this guy has had a fling with a young (but legal) priest or whatever, does it really matter? Does it matter to us? To anyone outside of the Vatican? I understand if it's in his contract or if it is stated in his employers rulebook that he is never, ever to have intimate relations with another human, then fair enough, his resignation is due, he broke the rules. But, Isn't that rather draconian?

this was bad enough did we need to wait till they started sacrificing children to end their reign of horrorwww.danielnpaul.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aem56

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I am no great fan of the Catholic church and I was raised as Roman Catholic which unfortunately set me back a few years in my quest for actual knowledge, I digress - If this guy has had a fling with a young (but legal) priest or whatever, does it really matter? Does it matter to us? To anyone outside of the Vatican? I understand if it's in his contract or if it is stated in his employers rulebook that he is never, ever to have intimate relations with another human, then fair enough, his resignation is due, he broke the rules. But, Isn't that rather draconian?

this was bad enough did we need to wait till they started sacrificing children to end their reign of horrorwww.danielnpaul.com...

You have directed me to a 6000 word essay, I'm lost, I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Even pedophiles are disgusted by the Roman Catholic Church. Religion is worst thing for humanity. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God but not fairy tales.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
horrorwww.danielnpaul.com...

well yeah you want evidence here is some more about the RC and it's murderous past and present
docs.google.com...:U6WMXyYDyLQJ:www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/estimates.doc+statistics+for+the+millions+of+aborriganls+the+Catholic +Chruch+has+killed&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj5WCH1CGLGqVmxEKYSi7UZ46SIQcVadD5kb6n-Q3Vteyq9FLCks94jXSAn91Y0y0OX5ho4Vxg0Phskyh1jn_J4nkXaBO9MZJktJv NqVcB71d9wtxt-uv7Bcy7ruxfGJobg3KI9&sig=AHIEtbSKQ7VVNASh4zAw9vBEIrJehqeZxg

you want easy go watch Faux news

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

horrorwww.danielnpaul.com...

well yeah you want evidence here is some more about the RC and it's murderous past and present
docs.google.com...:U6WMXyYDyLQJ:www.cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/estimates.doc+statistics+for+the+millions+of+aborriganls+the+Catholic +Chruch+has+killed&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj5WCH1CGLGqVmxEKYSi7UZ46SIQcVadD5kb6n-Q3Vteyq9FLCks94jXSAn91Y0y0OX5ho4Vxg0Phskyh1jn_J4nkXaBO9MZJktJv NqVcB71d9wtxt-uv7Bcy7ruxfGJobg3KI9&sig=AHIEtbSKQ7VVNASh4zAw9vBEIrJehqeZxg

you want easy go watch Faux news

I see, no you seem to have misunderstood me, I need no more reason for disliking the Catholic Church, I have plenty but thank you. And I certainly do not support 'Faux' News.. I have no idea where you got that from it just doesn't make any sense at all.
edit on 25/2/13 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They should be able to marry; to suppress one of the strongest natural drives, is not as easy as taking a vow and donning a robe. So of course pushing something down; will cause it to pop up and manifest, in other ways or area's because of the lack of balance involved.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
[qu

I see, no you seem to have misunderstood me, I need no more reason for disliking the Catholic Church, I have plenty but thank you. And I certainly do not support 'Faux' News.. I have no idea where you got that from it just doesn't make any sense at all.

you complain that an issue has 6000 words.. well isn't the bane of human existence at present 140 charcter communications/? what do you wnat to know on this subject.. been an activist around this issue 20 years..tell me what angle you want disporving or proving and I shall find the info.. sorry if I misunderstood your media proclivities.. One cannot keep up with everyone here..I for one don't bother reading folks profiles ...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

[qu

you complain that an issue has 6000 words.. well isn't the bane of human existence at present 140 charcter communications/? what do you wnat to know on this subject.. been an activist around this issue 20 years..tell me what angle you want disporving or proving and I shall find the info.. sorry if I misunderstood your media proclivities.. One cannot keep up with everyone here..I for one don't bother reading folks profiles ...

I... think you were quoting me? But alas I am unsure. If you were, then I still have no idea what you're talking about. Please re-read my only first post of this thread, and learn to quote.
edit on 25/2/13 by Ramcheck because: again, misquotation of original leads to misquotation of reply, this is caused by bad coding.

CX

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in another far off parish.....

CX.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Money and Power
Virtually unlimited opportunity for all kinds of perversion.....
No wonder the entire organisation is fraught with some of the most bizare forms of human vices....
Look at the basic organisation....its based on secrecy.....its separated its functionaries from humanity and cloistered the entire roster from the world outside.
Its bound to get wierd.....cant help but get wierd...especially over the ceturies and millenia....
wierd weird weird......
what do you expect?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Rats are starting to abandon the sinking ship of catholicism, the ship captain (the pope) is already in his lifeboat and rowing hard for the shore.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Catholics are not Christians.

Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)
19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
it is done friends. the world has turned.
now is the time for our education as the old makes way for the new.
for the beautiful.
all news stories now are for the purposes of incrimination and exposing
modus operandi. and don't forget to try and laugh sometimes. some humour
is necessarily dark (e.g. sandyhook).

i love you stephen. my beautiful child. it is getting close to the time when we can soar.

Genocide in Canada- queen and pope guilty.

edit on 25-2-2013 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I just LOL'd SO HARD at th Myrtle Beach comment.

I'm from South Carolin, born and raised and currently live in Charleston. I've spent a lot of time in Myrtle Beach and you're right, there are some creepy old dudes lurking around there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We're all guilty of at least one of those things (hatred probably being the most common). If you're saying that anyone who is guilty of any of those sins isn't amChristian, then there isn't a single, solitary Christian on Earth.

If you're referring to Prtestants being true Christians as opposed to Catholics, you have to remember that Protestantism came from the Catholic church when Martin Luther brought about the Protestant Reformation.

Catholics and Protestants are Christians. The actions of the clergy of the official Roman Catholic Church DO NOT represent the followers of the Catholic faith. Please do not demonize people and say they aren't Christians because of other people's acts.

FYI, my father was Southern Baptist and my mother was Roman Catholic...and I am simply spiritual and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
edit on 2/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by truejew

We're all guilty of at least one of those things (hatred probably being the most common).

Those who have received God's Spirit and continue to walk in the Spirit do not continue in such ways.

You will know them by their fruit.

Catholics and Protestants are Christians.

Neither are Christians.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We are human. Once you accept Christ into your heart, you don't become some perfect creature who does no wrong. Now you're saying no one who identifies with a Christian denomination is a Christian? You do realize that you're JUDGING BILLIONS of people? And, even worse, you're making a blanket judgement and condemnation of those people on a petty Internet forum? What right do you have to judge or condemn? The hubris you show in the statements you've made is absolutely staggering. You are not God. God is the only one who has the right to judge and condemn. You are not without sin, nor am I, and neither is anyone else. Also, you do not know who is a Christian or not just by pointing fingers and assuming, you can't go around saying anyone who claims a Christian denomination isn't a Christian and cherry picking who YOU think is a Christian and who isn't. God knows our hearts and minds...it doesn't matter if we claim to be Christian or Catholic or otherwise....if a person has accepted Christ into their heart and asked for salvation, they are a Christian no matter what YOU or anyone else says and God knows them for who and what they are and only he can judge them.

Please, go for less preaching and judging. Try the CHRISTIAN way of acceptance and fellowship.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
after 60 hours there will be no "infallible person" on planet earth. All cardinals and bishops will be equally qualified to interpret the gospel and the events. At least during the interregnum.
Cardinal Brien has every chance to become pope, as well as every baptized man who can become bishop. All are equal. And may be the conclave will be postponed in circumstances of unusual events. The current occupant of see of Peter cannot stop the events although he tried hard to influence the outcome. It is shameful how tools are used to oust the contenders to rise particular candidate. The events are upon Rome!
edit on 25-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

if a person has accepted Christ into their heart and asked for salvation, they are a Christian no matter what YOU or anyone else says and God knows them for who and what they are and only he can judge them.

If by "accepting Christ into their heart" you are referring to the Protestant/Catholic view of what that means, it is not Christian salvation. Christian salvation is through repentance, baptism in Jesus name, and being filled with the Holy Spirit.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No, I'm not talking tpabout the doctrines and rituals that organized religion shove down its followers' throats, I'm talking about repentance, baptism in Jesus' name, and being filled with the Holy Spirit, which is exactly what you believe salvation to be so really, you and I are on the same page concerning that. What I disagree with you about is the idea that anyone that claims a Christian denomination is not a true Christian. Surely you must know that there are Catholics and Protestants who have repented, been baptized in Jesus' name, and are filled with the Holy Spirit...right? You can't possibly think that none of them have been truly saved, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join