It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Keith O'Brien steps down as Archbishop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
where there is smoke there is fire. child trafficking could not have reached it's height without their cooperation..

Frankly I think the RC church is the WHORE of Babylon mentioned in Revelations and all those right wingers screaming theyr are Christians when they hate anyone not like them (the leaders not the masses) are probably the "false prophets" spoken on in the BIBle.. it's obvious just using body language that most folks in DC have very compromised souls and so is the truth with that ecil looking Benedict.. pay attention to your own gut not the misinformtaion.. use it all and the puzzle falls into place..

I almost joined that sick bunch.. so glad I did not..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I just looked at some pics of him, he looks just like the old men who hang out at Myrtle beach state park cruising young boys.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The thing is I do not think Humans can be celibate ! it is programmed in our DNA

Can you imagine telling a Male lion in a field of lions not to mate ??? you know the outcome

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Who knows what the truth is.

Your idea is one that I feel is possible due to:
1) So far, Ratz and O'Brien are against gay marriage and abortion
2) Reports of internal conflict on these issues and the fact and context of Ratz's statement of "Dark Times Ahead"
3) Malachi prophecy involves rooting out the last of the "true" popes, #111, Ratz.
4) The easiest way to root out the rivals and take over the church is convict them of involvement or covering up a sex scandal. An evil act.

The sex ring is not run by the Vatican. It is run by elites.

I predict that once the next conclave is resumed, the new pope will change the church stance on gay marriage and abortion, first thing.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

Need more coffe

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I expect the power holders in Vatican will make a final push to quell all who think otherwise, may be not like Brien but with mind control medieval techniques. Hope that the US and EU cardinas who have the majority will not give up. And who also hold the money esp. US. Apparenty we cannot dream of a Latin American liberal in such conditions. Let at least a moderate EU_US cardinal be elected. For the sake of all of us, both catholics and non catholics!

The other possible scenario is someone to "fulfill" the official Fatima-3 by staging false flag on Rome around the conclave. Or will it be God's hand itself, I just don't know.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I dont know how to say it exactly but if some cardinals feel that a false flag event, a real attack, or event of celestial origin, may take place in the pre-conclave week(s), they'd better POSTPONE their arrival in Rome. They have to be there for the conclave. What will happen if most of the church' cardinals are killed in an event of magnitude of let say 9/11? It might be terrorists or anyone. I'd suggest key cardinals to stay out of Rome as long as possible before the actual conclave. We all saw the lightning strike on St Peter's. What if God's justice is about to be poured out on Vatican this time?
edit on 25-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

We commented that cardinal Brien taked just days ago that the married priests are not forbidden by the Gospel, and he would like to see them today. He didn't talk on other moral issues at this time.

As far as Malachi is concerned, what means "true pope". Petrus Romanus is true pope too. Whether it will be elected now, or it will be postponed for a long time, expecting the Second Coming, I don't know.

Ratzinger is not ousted, he resigned voluntarily, as did Gregory and Celestine. Gregory did so because there were 2 popes at the time. Celestine did so because he was a humble simple monk called to papacy because his sanctity, and couldn't bear the Vatican intrigues after some months. Benedict did the right thing, may be too late. He did nearly nothing except for praying in those 8 years. I still remember 2005 and the hi expectations of a Latin American cardinal who will turn the waves of history as John Paul did it (at least politically). If Benedict felt so tired and old, why did he accept the Peter's see only to hold it for 8 years? For me his papacy is a grand failure, and his resignation proves it. Not only he personally, but the whole group of cardinals and bishops who some of them come fromt he late years of JPII. They must go now. Every country that the government bankrupts it, changes the government. Here we speak of a worldwide empire of 1.2 billion people from all walks, clases, nations. Enough is enough! I would accept a schism as a better outcome than the continuation of the deadlock of the Vatican policy. We are not gonna become martyrs as Ratzinger suggested recently. No, thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

Clarification:

In the article it points out that O'Brien is a defender of the Catholic Church's views on abortion, euthanasia, and homosexuality.

In St. Malachy's prophecy, #111, Ratz, is the last of the order of the Benedictines. That is why he referred to this pope as the olive branch.

Petrus Romanus is destroyer of the church in Malachy's prophesy. Yes, a pope, but an imposter.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Britain's most senior Catholic has suggested Catholic priests should be able to marry and have children, saying the demand for celibacy was not of "divine origin".

The cardinal suggested that the next pope could review the marriage ban for priests. Marriage is allowed in some cases within the church already. The English Catholic church has accepted married former Anglican priests, under a policy introduced in 2011 by the present pope, Benedict XVI.

O'Brien, who has been the focus of bitter controversy over his staunch opposition to gay marriage and gay adoption, will be the only Catholic from the UK involved in the conclave in the Vatican next month to choose Benedict's successor.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Indeed there is such a strong view among many, both catholics and non-catholics, about that. I do not agree with that view. The pope who will meet Jesus is not a monster. Because we are speaking of the Second Coming when we read "Dreadful Judge " in Malachi, yes?

My personal suggestion is that there would be many years between Benedict and the final pope, as long as the time shortly before the Second Coming of Jesus. I might be wrong.

In your previous post did you say Rome is destroyed before Petrus? If so, I agree on that. Indeed, Petrus reigns in an already destroyed city and does not die in it, contrary to the official Fatima-3 vision (that is quite contested)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The brutal ouster of cardinal Brien of UK is a dramatic turn in the papal race. No other cardinal has been ousted, not even Machony of LA after court proven pedofilia scandal.

Does it mean the Vatican exercises non declared war on those who want to elect a person different from their own candidate? Secular speaking, it seems so. The Vatican attacked the MEDIA instead of looking into its own gay-affairs, for LEAKING the story. How about the STORY ITSELF? Shame on the current power holders, far not Benedict alone!

I don't know if it is very wise to be trusted for the fair conclave as well. What if the conclave is falsified somehow? What if the Third world cardinals are mind washed to vote in particular way? What if secret documents are prepared for each one cardinal in case he does not vote as expected? Cardinal Brien just said about the married priests, and...the is out! I just hoped it was the spring coming in the conclave.

Why not gathering the conclave in another city, not that corrupt damn it, if the prophecy says Rome will be destroyed anyway?

What if fanatic mujaheddin take a nuke from Pakistan and explode it to avenge let say for Lybia, for Saddam, or you name it? What with the church?

Someone says Petrus R. will destroy it, but I see it already destroyed from inside. It has nothing to do with 1978 church that found the strength to elect John Paul II, even after the murder of John Paul I

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As my personal expectations for a liberal Third World candidate (mostly Latin American) fade away in the brute reality of a contest with rules those of the jungle, now I am afraid that even the moderate European (non Italian) and US cardinals may fail prey to the same scheme used with cardinal Brien. There is no one without sin, yes? Not even those in the Vatican. But they now shoot at the entire secular world, as IF the Secular media is guilty for what the members of the "holy" church do in secret! What a shame, what arrogance! Instead of resignations of Vatican prelates whom benedict knows perfectly to be guilty, they are on attack positions! Against whom? Ahainst those who do not think like them. Pretty much as in Inquisition time. Only they don't have power to butn books and people. But have the power to hold secret documents.

I suggest that the cardinals who think otherwise, ike Schoenborn, Dolan, Maradiaga, have serious motives for concern. What if they are not elect, it is just OK for them. It is NOT just OK for the church and the wider world! What happens in the Vatican is not a private deal of a handful of several dozen old men! It concerns me, you, millions! It concerns not only the catholics but also non-catholics as well! What happens in the Vatican deserves to be characterized with medieval terms and to be denounced publicly by many more bishops than only the sacrificed Brien! What if they are gay and documents exist? Aren't those in vatican day too? What a dirty conclave, the dirtiest in the last century may be! Why not go and elect by lot then, as Alexandria POPE is elected?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's not just the vatican, but it seems to be the norm in general Catholic culture.

My family are Roman Catholics from Belfast Northern Ireland, and from what I can gather they are all quite happy to over look the fact we have two pheadophiles in our family.

Apparently, I'm the one not thinking straight!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If Benedict wants really to quit honorably as Celestine, despite everything, he should stop that policy. The guilty ones from the Vatican should be punished, and not lashed out at the wider world. The wider world is not responsible for a the mess inside the Vatican or - wherever it happens as in Ireland.

I am afraid it woudnt happen and after 72 hours Benedict will leave the citadel leaving the general-governor Bertone to lead the last fight. Will he win and be crowned Petrus Romanus? Especially if releases Fatima-3 the real one in the last moment? I don't know, I am not a prophet.

But what happens is just disgusting. The world will not forget and forgive, especially if the war for the throne takes more than symbolic victims. Let say if there are dead people for any reason within Rome. This will be the end of it. This will require military intervention and so on. All nightmares of the cardinals in the last century prophecies will come true. Because they called it upon themselves.

Until Petrus Romanus when he comes before the Second Coming.

By the way, after his 3rd term as pope, with 3 other popes between, benedict 9 young perverse gay man was ousted by the German soldiers from the Lateran palace and that was the end of the 3 term papacy of the youngest pope in history. The history knows more than what we see today.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Don't you often find that accusers often do what they accuse others of doing? Just saying.

So 'just to play devils advocate' here, what if Keith O'Brien with his recent outspoken views about priests being allowed to marry was seen as a troublemaker, so what better way of getting rid f him but to accuse him of what the Roman Catholic Church has been accused of.

I will be interested to see the outcome of this....maybe he's being very clever...bit like a back bench MP where he can speak his mind. Maybe the ex-cardinal will be the very change catholicism needs?

Rainbows
Jane

The change Catholicism needs is to be torn down completely. It is an archaic artifact of the Roman Empire. I was raised Catholic and one of the things that turned me away from the religion is the pedophilia charges priests were getting charged with and the subsequent relocating and hiding of these priests so that they can continue their evil somewhere else without prying eyes on them. This religion has severely lost its influence due to its corruption and stubborn conservatism.

If the Catholic Church were to be dissolved tomorrow it wouldn't effect any real Christians in the slightest. The only people screaming about dark times, would be the fake Christians who buy into all the nonsense that the church peddles. A real Christian knows that God's word comes from the Bible and not what some priest in a gaudy robe and a stupid hat says. Besides even the people who depend on the stupid and unnecessary rituals and ceremonies could easily flock to another branch of Christianity with their own rituals and ceremonies. Of course I'm currently an agnostic so I may be a little biased. Though the OP did mention he wanted to see some views by Catholics and I used to be one.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Italian center-left alliance wins over the corrupt Berlusconi. Hopefully that will be a signal for the Vaticans that they cannot go on and on with attacks on everyone outside their secluded circles. If there are dead people, everything may happen including intervention to stop further deaths. How dead people, will say someone. Just watch Dan Brown's movie. Where there is evil the death is nearby always. Call it terrorists, call it mafia, call it whatever. I bet something like that will happen in Rome in the next week or two.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Angels and Demons of Dan Brown - 4 cardinal electors killed (or were they 3).
I think I am not very drastic in spite of what we were told by movies/ books like that. Somehow, I tend to believe people like Mr Brown more than the current staff in the Vatican.
This trailer is better one www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-2-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am no great fan of the Catholic church and I was raised as Roman Catholic which unfortunately set me back a few years in my quest for actual knowledge, I digress - If this guy has had a fling with a young (but legal) priest or whatever, does it really matter? Does it matter to us? To anyone outside of the Vatican? I understand if it's in his contract or if it is stated in his employers rulebook that he is never, ever to have intimate relations with another human, then fair enough, his resignation is due, he broke the rules. But, Isn't that rather draconian?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
I am no great fan of the Catholic church and I was raised as Roman Catholic which unfortunately set me back a few years in my quest for actual knowledge, I digress - If this guy has had a fling with a young (but legal) priest or whatever, does it really matter? Does it matter to us? To anyone outside of the Vatican? I understand if it's in his contract or if it is stated in his employers rulebook that he is never, ever to have intimate relations with another human, then fair enough, his resignation is due, he broke the rules. But, Isn't that rather draconian?

That is a good, interesting point.
edit on 25-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

Britain's most senior Roman Catholic cleric, Cardinal Keith O'Brien, is stepping down as the Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh.

It follows allegations - which he contests - of inappropriate behaviour towards priests dating from the 1980s.
(OP Post)

So, to paraphrase? The Priests screwed the parishioners and the Cardinals screwed the Priests. Did the Pope have anyone at his level or did he get promoted beyond the molestation games when he took the job with the ring?

This IS something different than the past issues because it's finally reaching the higher levels of the Church where it NEEDS to be. Those filthy baby raping priests became Cardinals and Bishops in some cases. NO DOUBT in my mind of that fact. It looks like we may see one here. Perhaps another in the Pope himself.

Until the systematic molestation and rape of children in the Church is *ENDED*....and not just "addressed" but *ENDED* with absolutely NO tolerance for any mere HINT of it? It's a den of evil and sin and I know no better way to put it.

The Church may have been God's House at one time, but Satan moved in and made himself a new home when God was off doing something else, it seems.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join