It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Michelle Obama part of the Oscars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I was speaking of the "celebritizing" of the Obamas.

Didn't Bill Clinton start that? Or JFK?

edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
M-O-N-E-Y she ain't got no alibi, it's money, yeah yeah, it's money!
M-O-N-E-Y she ain't got no alibi, it's money, yeah yeah, it's money!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

Because she's a good actress.

Indeed, and Obama should've been nominated for an Oscar. He won the Nobel Peace Prize, it wouldn't surprise me if he won an Oscar.
Who's a better actor than an actor?
A politician.

edit on 25-2-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: bad gramma jamma

edit on 25-2-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
because its really a satanic award ceermony where all the demons show up and congratulate eachother for the great job at deception.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OR..... She was invited to do it and accepted. Demons, illuminati, second coming... All because she said movies mean a lot to us?? O.o

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
IDK. She's the first lady... doesn't her job entail public appearances? It's not like she is a politician.

I do have to say going to events like this cheapens her title though.

There you said it, the title and the position is cheapened by their constant need of espousing celebrities and the need to fit in with that particular crowd.

That crowd is known for pretty bad behavior and values, we normally and historical have wanted the leadership of the USA to be the opposite of what is represented there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Because she is the first lady of the most powerful man in the world. She is the wife of the president of the United States of America. In the olden days before the air became toxic with hatred, this would have been considered an honor. What happened to us.

Not everything is a conspiracy sometimes people just like a little pomp and circumstance, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Can you show proof of that other the Reagan who was a "star'? Because I think you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It really cheapens the office of the president of the united states when the first lady does things like this.
I fully expect to see her on T.V. advertising tampons and hemorrhoid cream in the near future, you can put lipstick on a pig but it`s still just a pig.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

"Why was Michelle Obama part of the Oscars?'

I think that perhaps the reasons are...because she is the First Lady of the United States of America; and because she enjoys getting to know the Hollywood crowd. I think she enjoys socializing with other people besides politicians.

Also...some of her friends are in the entertainment industries.

I know some of you think her socializing with the entertainment crowd cheapens her; but I have to disagree. I don't think it cheapens her at all. She enjoys diversity of people in life as her friends; and from time to time she likes to hang out with them. I really don't see anything wrong with this. (my opinion).

edit on 25-2-2013 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I saw this this morning on my FB feed. I was wondering WHY she was in them as well. She is NOT part of Hollywood and I wish people would stop trying to make her some friggin celebrity, she isn't. She is a politicians wife and that is IT!

She has NO place in Hollywood let alone the Oscars.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
anything strange happen at the oscars?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

She is a politicians wife and that is IT!

She is also a person and an American citizen.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

She is a politicians wife and that is IT!

She is also a person and an American citizen.

And your point???!?!

I'm a person and American citizen...

She is nothing special and people need to stop making them celebrities. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

My point is she is more than just a politicians wife.

This anger and disdain I just cannot relate to. I just don't get it.

I don't see the issue at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I dont see what the issue is.

BTW the video has been removed.
She presented via a feed she was not there. Oh too bad there goes the air out of your balloon. whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I know to you Obama haters any time they are away from their desks ( yeah even the first lady) you have a conniption fit. Oh no, no bathroom breaks for you get back there and administer to the country. Fun, who said this job was supposed to be fun. No laughing for you. No fun. Too bad the last republican was nothing but an eight year long joke. (That no one was laughing at)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You just insulted the entire entertainment industry. Good going. I thought that kind of thinking went the way of the Conestoga wagon. Back in the olden days an actor was usually thought no higher than a prostitute or maybe just a little higher but no more. I thought we had progressed beyond that. Those mansions they live in must be the pits I guess. Those millions in the bank deplorable. You make me laugh. I guess you dont go to the movies or watch TV I guess you're above all that and never lower yourself to those standards. You spend all your time in church or something?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Yeah, I even heard one guy mention the movie gods. Blasphemers !!!! Idol worshipers. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why was Michelle Obama part of the Oscars? The same reason that any of the Obamas show up to an entertainment venue that has little to no real political value. It instills favorable opinions of them and the job they are doing in the people that don't know any better, because the people will associate these fun and silly outings with a "Job well done!" as it pertains to Barry and his presidency. Its a shameless, yet typical ploy used to bypass any kind of critical thinking. At this point, they don't have to win anyone over anymore, that ship has sailed. The people who are enamored and blinded by their "razzle dazzle" stunts and zero substance are the people they got and thats it. It's just about KEEPING them under their tent now. Watch them crack some jokes during public addresses like were at the Chuckle Hut, watch them do some Mo-Town karaoke and dance a fool, watch them cater to their sycophantic footsoldiers at entertainment awards shows. Its well past the point of humanizing the executive in chief and his family. It's a flatout circus now.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Someone who shall remain nameless takes themselves way too seriously

edit on 25-2-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Seems it's getting blown out of proportion a bit...

This year's producers were trying (a bit too hard) to go all out on the show...so yeah, this didn't surprise me.

From what I saw (I went to bed early, as I'd been up since 5am), Seth did a decent job as host...loved the "Saw Your Boobs" song...

I thought that was funny too. I thought he was pretty bad when it began but it turned out to be part of the skit with William Shatner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join