It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Michelle Obama part of the Oscars?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Why does it seem like every time I turn around these people are either partying, vacationing, etc?

I'm sure that the academy invited her, however, what need was there for her to announce best picture?

And before we get going, yes I know, Ronnie Reagan was part of the Oscars in 81', but I really don't see what that has to do with now.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

As a member of the entertainment community I wonder at this too (live performance not film for me). I also wonder who the people behind her were? Servants? Distinguished guests?
I was disappointed by it, although at least one actor friend (I'm backstage) liked it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I don't know who those people were in the background. The whole thing just seemed awkward. When I first saw her however, I thought "Oh no, Zero Dark Thirty must have won".

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hrmm... Does it really matter? I mean fair dinkum, anyone that self awards themselves is a bit of a flog in my eyes... Not so much with sport because the results are there in black and white, but film and music are subjective... I personally don’t rate any Grammy winners. People like Lady Gaga are appalling, yet win heaps of awards.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This first lady is bringing shame to the U.S, she started off pretending to be humble and now she just can't seem to stay away from the lime light. Attention seeking at it's finest, oh and she's been hanging around with Beyonce, C'mon now...I thought she would be more intelligent than this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Because the US President and First Lady have the dual roles of heads of state and heads of government. It's in the job description to schmooze with the commoners every so often. Heads of state do things like go to Oscars and throw out first pitches. Other countries, like Britain, have a monarch who is head of state and a Prime Minister who runs the show.

We're lucky that we can have the same person do both jobs.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Obama is being made out to be a superstar and/or second coming.

It stands to reason that his partner is nothing but another Hollywood personage. America loves their celebrations of idiots/gods.

Damn! why do so few of us have to keep pointing out the obvious to the masses?

C'mon people! Wake the hell up!

Jude1

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It brings about a whole new meaning to Idol worship. I have a certain hate for celebrities, I can only imagine the country is currently being 'run' by one.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Obama is being made out to be a superstar and/or second coming.

It stands to reason that his partner is nothing but another Hollywood personage. America loves their celebrations of idiots/gods.

Damn! why do so few of us have to keep pointing out the obvious to the masses?

C'mon people! Wake the hell up!

Jude1

I agree and I think the Obamas will be even more "celebritized" in the coming years. Michelle did start off acting humble. She has a different persona now, perhaps her true one.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Because the US President and First Lady have the dual roles of heads of state and heads of government. It's in the job description to schmooze with the commoners every so often. Heads of state do things like go to Oscars and throw out first pitches. Other countries, like Britain, have a monarch who is head of state and a Prime Minister who runs the show.

We've had plenty of very respectable first ladies that haven't whored themselves out to Hollywood.

She is doing this for the limelight and frankly it is embarrassing to me as an American.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Because she is such a party lady

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Hollywood elite are not commoners. I want to see her on the assembly line.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Because she is the first lady of the most powerful man in the world. She is the wife of the president of the United States of America. In the olden days before the air became toxic with hatred, this would have been considered an honor. What happened to us.

Not everything is a conspiracy sometimes people just like a little pomp and circumstance, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Not everything is a conspiracy sometimes people just like a little pomp and circumstance, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Nope, not possible with many members of ATS..

Look out your window, see that cloud? Not saying it's contrails but it's contrails.
See that mosquito flying around in the middle of the summer? Not saying it's a drone but it's a drone..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Seems it's getting blown out of proportion a bit...

This year's producers were trying (a bit too hard) to go all out on the show...so yeah, this didn't surprise me.

From what I saw (I went to bed early, as I'd been up since 5am), Seth did a decent job as host...loved the "Saw Your Boobs" song...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by spyder550

Nope, not possible with many members of ATS..

Look out your window, see that cloud? Not saying it's contrails but it's contrails.
See that mosquito flying around in the middle of the summer? Not saying it's a drone but it's a drone..

I never said this was a conspiracy, nor did anyone else in this thread. I was speaking of the "celebritizing" of the Obamas. Our great nation has more trouble at hand to deal with than seeing the FLOTUS making the rounds at talk shows and such. That's my personal opinion and no one has to agree.

But since you are posting on a conspiracy forum, you may run into people who like to discuss conspiracies. I find it interesting that so many people complain about this! You are on a conspiracy site, but yet you complain about people talking about conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I don't know why but I've always had a feeling she was the head of the house and not the Mr.
, she just looks like the kind of person that would try and dominate everyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Because she's a good actress.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Because she's a good actress.

So is her husband, sorry I just had to...

I have nothing further to contribute to this thread except a bit of humor.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
IDK. She's the first lady... doesn't her job entail public appearances? It's not like she is a politician.

I do have to say going to events like this cheapens her title though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join