It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces uranium finds and power plant expansion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by beezzer

Israel has been the MOST "irrational religious oligarchy" that has ever existed. Most Arab's are very considerate to other religions until recently.

Until recently. Really? I guess the Crusades is "recent"?

Do some research on the British Empire and you will see where religious hatred came from.

Not worried about the Queen Mum beheading me because I missed church today.

Most of the time when Human Beings meet they dont ask "what religion are you". They usually just figure each other out as a Human Being first.

In a perfect world, it wouldn't matter. Too bad we're not perfect.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Israel could be considered as this times "Crusades". How many people died in the crusades?? How many people died during the Iraq vs Iran Wars in the 80's?? How many people died during the Afghan vs Russia (were on Afghan's side) war?? How many died during the Kuwait vs Iraq war?? How many people died during the Iraq vs US war?? How many people died during the US vs Iraq war??? How many people died during the Afghan vs US war???

Religion has been War and always will be when Religion exists. I would guess that more people have died in the last 20 yrs in religious war than the example u present.

Either way, in a non perfect World People still dont ask me what religion I am when I walk into a Jewish Owned/Pakistani Owned/Indian Owned/ etc place of business in the US. Not sure what part you live in but I am sure you have bought a 6 pack at some Gas Station. Did they ask you what religion u were??

edit on 23-2-2013 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Either way, in a non perfect World People still dont ask me what religion I am when I walk into a Jewish Owned/Pakistani Owned/Indian Owned/ etc place of business in the US. Not sure what part you live in but I am sure you have bought a 6 pack at some Gas Station. Did they ask you what religion u were??

Beliefs, ideologies, "religion", are the causes of wars. Any nation that holds as it's singular titular head an ideology that endorses violence should give anyone pause in the realm of nuclear weapons.

Having traveled extensively, being treated differently because of cultural preconceptions is the norm.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Are you talking about Israel?? Not sure there is much of a difference in the Nations you talk about.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Are you talking about Israel?? Not sure there is much of a difference in the Nations you talk about.

Israel owns nuclear weapons and have shown their reluctance in using them, obviously.

Iran has not shown that their leaders share the same rational approach.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

because sanctions weaken a nation.
look at Iraq,

Cheney, Rumsfield and Bush Snr put harsh sanctions on Iraq in 1991... 12yrs later when Iraq had been sanctioned to the extreme and were weak and defenseless America went in and wiped them out,.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Beliefs, ideologies, "religion", are the causes of wars. Any nation that holds as it's singular titular head an ideology that endorses violence should give anyone pause in the realm of nuclear weapons.

Having traveled extensively, being treated differently because of cultural preconceptions is the norm.

Money and power are the causes for war. Ideologies, religions, and beliefs are used to motivated and dupe people into wars.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Just like they created a new jet. You know, the one that turned out to not be able to fly.

I could say the same thing about the F 35s. If they were so good why are they having problems?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

Money and power are the causes for war. Ideologies, religions, and beliefs are used to motivated and dupe people into wars.

Point taken.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I find this funny.

What approach have they taken other than questioning the obvious extensive conquering crusade that is going on all around them ?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by beezzer

I find this funny.

What approach have they taken other than questioning the obvious extensive conquering crusade that is going on all around them ?

Are you referring to the Muslim Brotherhood or western influences? Both have made power grabs.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I've been here a long time myself, longer than you in fact.

There are times when I myself want to reference either my post count or account age, but I refrain from doing so. Why? It's just in bad taste.

I'm only pointing this out because I respect you on these boards, and I hate to see you lower yourself to the same level as the trolls

Also -- America dosen't say they want to wipe a country off the face of the planet.

They just do it.

edit on 24-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The U.S should have all its nuclear weapons seized as they are the only one ever to use them and are the most likely to start ww3 in the last 100 years they have started or got involved in nearly every single war and are responsible for millions of deaths and atrocities including the lives of its own citizens The U.S is nothing but a breeding ground for corruption and greed.and the world would be better off with out it even existing on the atlas anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

According to the General who seized Jerusalem after WW1, The crusades ended in 1917.

On 11 December, General Edmund Allenby respectfully entered the Old City on foot through the Jaffa Gate instead of horse or vehicles to show respect for holy place. He was the first Christian in many centuries to control Jerusalem, which is a very important site for many faiths. The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Lloyd George described the capture as "a Christmas present for the British people." Allenby remarked, "The wars of the crusaders are now complete". The battle was a great moral victory for the British Empire.

So the crusades never really ended all those years ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Sleep off this topic mate, you are drunk…!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
My personal opinion on the subject is that this will not end well. Now I'm not saying the western world is the most rational, but nukes in the hands of an irrational religious oligarchy?

Doom.

How are they irrational?

No offence, Beezzer, but Bush & Co. had Nukes and never used them, did they? Or did they?

Religious doesn't mean (completely) stupid.

No Doom.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

..........Now I'm not saying the western world is the most rational, but nukes in the hands of an irrational religious oligarchy?

Yet you support your country's beloved Second Amendment - I hope you see the irony and dare I say contradiction here?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Iran announces uranium finds and power planet explainsion

hmmmm ... okay .... it's not like they lie about anything, right?
Iran May Have Faked Monkey In Space Announcment
With Iran it may or may not be true. You just never know.

Exactly

Like moon landing which was not fake at all.

+ I am amazed how you are so sure of yourselves.

But be sure.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Originally posted by FlyersFan
hmmmm ... okay .... it's not like they lie about anything, right?
Iran May Have Faked Monkey In Space Announcment
With Iran it may or may not be true. You just never know.

Like moon landing which was not fake at all.
I am amazed how you are so sure of yourselves.

You actually think the moon landing was faked? OMG ... is that the kind of bunk that the Iranian government is feeding you guys these days?
Dude ... the Americans definately were on the moon. The stuff they left behind can be seen from earth on the moon. It can be seen by astronomers here. Private astronomers around the world can put their telescopes on the moon and see the landing sites and the debris (and moon rover, etc) that is there.

You are amazed at 'how sure we are of ourselves' ... well, I am amazed at how much you have bought into the lies by the Iranian government and how you continue to believe it.

FACT - America landed on the moon mulitple times.
FACT - Iran lied about the monkey in space .. and continues to lie.

Just admit the truth ... that Iran lies and that Iran announcing uranium finds may or may not be true.
Go ahead, it won't hurt to admit it. Then again, you live in Iran so it might hurt.
The government there doesn't take kindly to people telling the truth about it telling lies.

edit on 2/24/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join