It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces uranium finds and power plant expansion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

LMAO

Did you even read YOUR OWN cite?

Juan Cole of the University of Michigan argues that Ahmadinejad was not calling for the destruction of Israel, saying, “Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to wipe Israel off the map because no such idiom exists in Persian.” The British Guardian’s Jonathan Steele argued that Ahmadinejad was simply remarking that “this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.” Steele continues: “He was not making a military threat. He was calling for an end to the occupation of Jerusalem at some point in the future.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) requested that alternative translations of Ahmadinejad’s language – like that of South African political scientist Virginia Tilley – be introduced into the Congressional Record. These versions assert the Iranian president was only seeking a change of regime in Israel and not the physical elimination of the country.3

Next defender? Please come down!!!

edit on 23-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Apparently you cannot connect dots. you cant cherry pick my cite. I never claimed that it was said by one specific person. I said it was Iran's stance to destroy the country of Israel. And all of the quotes posted point to that.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Apparently you cannot connect dots. you cant cherry pick my cite. I never claimed that it was said by one specific person. I said it was Iran's stance to destroy the country of Israel. And all of the quotes posted point to that.

Wait, I can not "cherry pick" your cites, but you can?

There are obviously different translations of what he said, and you are picking the ones that support your argument and not looking at what could have been said... Like you said, deny ignorance. I can look and see that there are different interpretations and that Iran could be a hostile nation to other countries. Hence, my OP (if you bothered to read it).

You are so anti-Iran, you refuse to look at other possibilities.

Like I said, I think Iran is "up to no good" with it's latest findings, supported by the missile test and the post on here of North Korea/Iran nuclear tests.

However, you pick and choose what you want to cite from your own cites and then tell me that I can not do the same. You state that Iran has posted so many things that have been false, but have yet to post even one other than the jet, and then attack anyone who post anything that differs from your views instead of having an intellectual debate.

I am still awaiting some sort of intellect from you that may open my eyes and see a different side.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Want more?

Ayatollah Nuri Hamadani: Fight the Jews and Vanquish Them Ayatollah Hussein Nuri Hamadani (b. 1925), a leading religious authority associated with the regime, told a meeting with the Mahdaviyat (messianic) Studies Institute in April 2005: “One should fight the Jews and vanquish them so that the conditions for the advent of the Hidden Imam will be met.” He has also stated that “at present the Jews’ policies threaten us. One should explain in the clearest terms the danger the Jews pose to the [Iranian] people and to the Muslims....Already from the beginning the Jews wanted to hoard the world’s goods in [their] greed and voracity. They always worked in important professions and now they have hoarded all of the wealth in one place. And all of the world, especially America and Europe, are their slaves.”41

General Mohammad-Ali Jafari: “Cancerous Microbe Israel” In a February 2008 message to Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary General of Hizbullah, the Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, General Mohammad-Ali Jafari, wrote: “In the near future, we will witness the destruction of the cancerous microbe Israel ( جرثومه سرطاني اسرائيل ) by the strong and capable hands of the nation of Hizbullah.”42

Foreign Minister Mottaki: Israel Has No Legitimacy In a speech reported by the Iranian Students News Agency on February 18, 2008, Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said, “The West has tried to impose a fabricated regime on the Middle East, but even after sixty years, the Zionist regime (Israel) has neither gained any legitimacy nor played any role in this region.”43

Majles Speaker Adel: Destruction of the Zionist Regime The speaker of Iran’s parliament, Gholam Ali Haddad-Adel, in a February 2008 speech at Tehran University’s mosque, said: “The countdown has begun for the destruction of the Zionist regime.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

Im not cherry picking. Youre trying to argue something I never claimed.
but ignoring the countless other quotes I provided.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Just curious how you semantic your way out of “It is the mission of the Islamic Republic of Iran to erase Israel from the map of the region.”

Do you believe in religion? Because you will get a lot of answers from there whether you like it or not.

So thats a dodgy non answer.. Next defender? Please come down!!!

Maybe they know something you don't. Maybe your ignorance towards religion is the part where you fail. Maybe you don't understand anything about the Middle East and what is destined and what is also possibly happening right now. Tell me why you hold Israel in high regard if you cannot respect the very teachings that country originated from, The Bible and Islam? Don't you find it strange that Israel is in existence if religion doesn't have a say on the global scene? Or did Britain invent Israel back in 1917 and its coincidental that its a major biblical topic also?

Unfortunetly for you, you need to understand a little bit of scripture to understand what I would say to you next but because its one big joke or bs to you, its pointless explaining anything. Non answer? Of course not, I can give you an answer but the question is whether you can see what I'm saying.. Politics cannot solve the problems in the Middle East because what people don't understand is that Israel wont let it happen. Israel are not in the Middle East to simply protect their borders, they are their for another reason and when the US collapses, you will see why sending them weapons was a bad idea. The Muslims understand what is around the corner, do you?

Do you want an answer or not? BTW, I am not a religiously motivated person, I have just taken the time to study both the Bible and parts of Islam. I do not associate myself with either.
edit on 23-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But if you what to bring mr ahmadinejad into this..

Ahmadinejad’s statements have also been reviewed by experts on the Middle East and the Persian language. Michael Axworthy served as the Head of the Iran Section of Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1998-2000 and then subsequently as a lecturer at the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter. He clearly rejects the notion that Ahmadinejad has been mistranslated and misinterpreted: “The formula had been used before by Khomeini and others, and had been translated by representatives of the Iranian regime as ‘wiped off the map.’ Some of the dispute that has arisen over what exactly Ahmadinejad meant by it has been rather bogus. When the slogan appeared draped over missiles in military parades, that meaning was pretty clear.”50

Viewed in context, the statements of Iran’s leaders and, in particular, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad constitute incitement to genocide of the people of Israel. They are alarmingly similar to the coded statements of incitement that preceded the Rwandan genocide of the Tutsis in 1994,51 and should therefore alarm all peace-loving peoples. There is an ample legal basis for the prosecution of Ahmadinejad in the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court for direct and public incitement to commit genocide and crimes against humanity.52

All from my one source.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But if you what to bring mr ahmadinejad into this..

Ahmadinejad’s statements have also been reviewed by experts on the Middle East and the Persian language. Michael Axworthy served as the Head of the Iran Section of Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office in 1998-2000 and then subsequently as a lecturer at the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter. He clearly rejects the notion that Ahmadinejad has been mistranslated and misinterpreted: “The formula had been used before by Khomeini and others, and had been translated by representatives of the Iranian regime as ‘wiped off the map.’ Some of the dispute that has arisen over what exactly Ahmadinejad meant by it has been rather bogus. When the slogan appeared draped over missiles in military parades, that meaning was pretty clear.”50

Viewed in context, the statements of Iran’s leaders and, in particular, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad constitute incitement to genocide of the people of Israel. They are alarmingly similar to the coded statements of incitement that preceded the Rwandan genocide of the Tutsis in 1994,51 and should therefore alarm all peace-loving peoples. There is an ample legal basis for the prosecution of Ahmadinejad in the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court for direct and public incitement to commit genocide and crimes against humanity.52

All from my one source.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Show me where they said they were going to "wipe a country off the face of the earth"! Not that a country SHOULD be.... but that they were GOING TO...

Classic mistranslation.

Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods)must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)," noting that there is no Persian idiom to wipe something off the map.[85] Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, also believes the text is a mistranslation.[86]

Source (wiki)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

Im not cherry picking. Youre trying to argue something I never claimed.
but ignoring the countless other quotes I provided.

How are you not cherry picking? Did you cite the other statements in your posts? Did you only cite the ones that supported your argument? They were in the first few pages of your cite... how did you over look those?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Youre doing a so so job trolling. How many quotes are you going to ignore?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

Show me where they said they were going to "wipe a country off the face of the earth"! Not that a country SHOULD be.... but that they were GOING TO...

Classic mistranslation.

Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods)must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)," noting that there is no Persian idiom to wipe something off the map.[85] Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, also believes the text is a mistranslation.[86]

Source (wiki)

Explain "classic mistranslation".

Source (wiki)

Regime: State of government and not an entire COUNTRY.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Youre doing a so so job trolling. How many quotes are you going to ignore?

How many are you? You cited my ammunition against yourself... It is not up to me to defend, it is up to you to convince... so far you have "cherry picked" your own cites, said I can not do the same, and only posted opinion of translations... You are loosing sir and resort to calling me a troll instead of backing up anything substantial... (Let me guess... I am not paying attention to your cites.... the same ones I am using against you....)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Blimey... I have fallen for it haven't I? I fed the troll.... instead of a debate on topic, I fell for a troll derailing a thread into his own political agenda....

DOH

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Its useless to expect cordial discourse with you. You havent used anything against me. At all. Thats the point. In your head you have, thats obvious. But I have listed like 8 or 9 quotes from 8 or 9 different people who help to run Iran. Where have you answered a single one of them? Nowhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its useless to expect cordial discourse with you. You havent used anything against me. At all. Thats the point. In your head you have, thats obvious. But I have listed like 8 or 9 quotes from 8 or 9 different people who help to run Iran. Where have you answered a single one of them? Nowhere.

Yet, I have used your own cites against you and where have you disputed them? Typical troll...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You brought the argument to me... dispute these please.... From your own citation:

Juan Cole of the University of Michigan argues that Ahmadinejad was not calling for the destruction of Israel, saying, “Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to wipe Israel off the map because no such idiom exists in Persian.” The British Guardian’s Jonathan Steele argued that Ahmadinejad was simply remarking that “this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.” Steele continues: “He was not making a military threat. He was calling for an end to the occupation of Jerusalem at some point in the future.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) requested that alternative translations of Ahmadinejad’s language – like that of South African political scientist Virginia Tilley – be introduced into the Congressional Record. These versions assert the Iranian president was only seeking a change of regime in Israel and not the physical elimination of the country.3

BTW: how many people run Iran... You mean different politicians have different views on what should be done... If only they would learn from the USA where everyone thinks the same..... OH WAIT....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
im going to make this clear.

Where is your answer to the following:

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Ayatollah Janati

General Safavi

Mohammad-Ali Ramin

Ayatollah Nuri Hamadani

General Mohammad-Ali Jafari

Foreign Minister Mottaki

Majles Speaker Adel

I showed a quote for each and every one of these people. Yet you said zero to any of it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

For the umpteenth time, I never said Ahmadinejad until YOU brought him up. You literally quoted the mis translation of him in answer to all my quotes, NONE of them having anything to do with ahmadinejad.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

im going to make this clear.

Where is your answer to the following:

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Ayatollah Janati

General Safavi

Mohammad-Ali Ramin

Ayatollah Nuri Hamadani

General Mohammad-Ali Jafari

Foreign Minister Mottaki

Majles Speaker Adel

I showed a quote for each and every one of these people. Yet you said zero to any of it.

You brought the fight to me... where are YOUR answers? You have the burdern... not me... YOU derailed the thread....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join