It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Cross-Dressing Priest Sex Ring Bring Down Benedict XVI?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

According to several well-placed vaticanisti—or Vatican experts—in Rome, Benedict is resigning after being handed a secret red-covered dossier that included details about a network of gay priests who work inside the Vatican, but who play in secular Rome. The priests, it seems, are allegedly being blackmailed by a network of male prostitutes who worked at a sauna in Rome’s Quarto Miglio district, a health spa in the city center, and a private residence once entrusted to a prominent archbishop.

Revelations about the alleged network are the basis of a 300-page report supposedly delivered to Benedict on December 17 by Cardinals Julian Herranz, Joseph Tomko, and Salvatore De Giorgi. According to the press reports, it was on that day that Benedict XVI decided once and for all to retire, after toying with the idea for months. He reportedly closed the dossier and locked it away in the pontifical apartment safe to be handed to his successor to deal with.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Though this is subject to speculation, there is a good chance that it could be close to the truth.

Perhaps Pope Benedict finally had enough and decided to call it quits.
He probably realized that he would be better off by not being the face of an organization that was home to so much sexual deviancy.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of this

oO

lol do you think they knew about the pope leaving when making tropic thunder and would include a 'tell' in it to keep us dumbed down ??

edit on 23-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ratzinger had a strong agenda against homosexuality and the like very early before becoming pope and wrote about it a number of times.

It wouldn't surprise me if events like this were enough to make the person want to step aside - especially after dealing with many similar issues. I'm surprised anyone lasts that long in the Roman Catholic Church when they get to higher levels with many of these instances.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When I heard the news he was to resign, and so soon, my first thought was that a scandal was on the way, either involving himself or one which he wanted no part of. So, yeh, if this story is true I would not be surprised.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think he probably quit because he was as 'old as dirt' as they say. Every Pope for the past 40-50 years has been aware of child-rapists and gay priests so a few playing 'dress-up and call me Mary' wouldn't be much of an issue. Also for a profession that wears robes, at what point do they become 'cross-dressing?'

I'm not attacking the Vatican or Roman Catholicism, just pointing out that once you've been complicit with Nazis and turned a blind eye to the rape of children, a few cross-dressers is just 'meh.' It's actually healthy by comparison.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I can imagine Benny doing a facepalm after reading the dossier.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
What do you expect when priests arent allowed to marry? Not saying celibacy turns you gay, I think it would attract them, convenient excuse why they havent given their parents grandchildren sort of thing

I think the whole celibacy thing is ridiculous, wouldnt surprise me at all if the founders of the church were all gay/peado

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I think he probably quit because he was as 'old as dirt' as they say. Every Pope for the past 40-50 years has been aware of child-rapists and gay priests so a few playing 'dress-up and call me Mary' wouldn't be much of an issue. Also for a profession that wears robes, at what point do they become 'cross-dressing?'

I'm not attacking the Vatican or Roman Catholicism, just pointing out that once you've been complicit with Nazis and turned a blind eye to the rape of children, a few cross-dressers is just 'meh.' It's actually healthy by comparison.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

Ha, quite true. A bunch of priests hanging out with some boy toys (of legal age) doesn't really seem like that much of a scandal when compared to all of the other cover ups. What would it say about a Pope that is ok with a little pedophilia scandal, but gets so bent out of shape when priests are getting it on with grown men that he leaves the Papacy?

Not that hypocritical thinking was ever a rarity in the Catholic church....

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You can't beat big butch boys performing in front of their masters.
Semi naked acrobats perform for the pope, his cardinals & bishops.
Mm watch them drool.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm just shamelessly bumping the above video, what with Cardinal Keith O'Brien now being accused of trying to have sexual relations with teenage boys.

Oh schadenfreude indeed ... what a great word from our German neighbors.

CX

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That video is like a scene from Family Guy with Chris Griffin and his old neighbour.

I wouldn't be surprised if this story does turn out to be true. It's the church. Too many use it to hide their vices whilst lecturing the world against doing the same.

They get you to donate for the privilege too.

CX.

top topics

join