It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forest (LOWWC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Brooding and ancient, the forest beckons. The timbers standing guard over their wonderful secrets.
Peacefully soft footsteps fall into pillows of moss, releasing antediluvian smells of rotted wood and sweet decay.

Jewels seen scattered, sparkling on their plush carpet. Shining like so many rubies and sapphires, wet with dew.Tempting with the knowledge of their sweet juices, abundant and priceless.

A great private symphony strikes up a haunting sweet melody. Free and unfettered, playing only for itself, shares a bit of it's love with the heart. Quick and carefree, never knowing when the intermission is over.

Taste the crisp purity mixed with mustiness of age. Fleeting and changing with every step, the essence of life,the breath of the Earth is sweet.

Rest on a bed of moss, softer than the finest feather bed, conforming to every curve. Giving, enveloping, cradling the spirit in the most gentle embrace, soothing, loving and protecting.

Share spirit and Love in return for the peace and beauty given, return the essence from whence it came, continue our cycle, unbroken. Yet, hide it from the wicked and the destructive. Here death is life and things continue as they should, untainted and perfect. Those without the love will never have eyes to see anyway. The timbers stand on, ancient and protective, guarding the most sacred treasure, of Life.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Beautiful imagery.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, I'm not really a writer, but I thought I would give it a shot.
I wish the snow was gone so we can get back out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh...I really liked this one! It makes me want to head out into the woods now! The forest is one of my favorite places; it is my sanctuary, the place I go to really dig my feet into the soil of life. This post describes not only the forest, but how it feels to be in the forest so well, very good work!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Filled with imagery and eloquence! Beautiful!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Nice woodsmom! Makes me want to pack up and go camping. One question though: How on earth did you get those boys settled down long enough to write such beauty? I am impressed!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

HAHA!! That's why there's not much to it
One is sleeping and the other is writing his own story, spelling words and dolch phrases this morning. Thanks for reading it and being nice
!

And thank you mijamija, and Night Star for your kind words as well!!
edit on 21-2-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow. I thought of the beautiful lake district in England when i read this. That has put a smile on my face thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Thank you! I really didn't expect this response. I thought I would do some homework of my own.
I am blessed to raise my boys in this environment.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
woodsmom

what a wonderful story! I loved the read i felt like i was there..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thank you! I need more practice to be able to keep up with you guys

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A very evocative and beautiful piece of writing that oozes ability. Very nice, thanks.

However, I do struggle to think of it as a story

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

I agree it's not a story, I originally intended more, but this is what I was able to get down.
I was inspired by the challenge, and thought I would practice a bit. I shouldn't have labeled it as an entry though I realized too late.
Luckily with the talent here, it shouldn't affect the contest.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Woodsmom I just discovered your piece tonight. I just posted The Forest Realm yesterday and it is amazing how we were both touched by our love and reverence for nature and the forest. I have to escape the city and go to the woods periodically to reconnect to the earth, to ground myself. I really enjoyed your imagery.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I was at peace with this story/vision.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Very nice story. Tranquil.
edit on 11-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words!

The forest is a very special place to me and I am glad that I could share a bit of the sensation of being deep in her arms. Now if only this snow would cooperate and go away so I could trek back out I would be happy.

new topics

top topics

join