It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German student creates electromagnetic harvester that gathers free electricity from thin air

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by nomnom

If you can figure out how to get "free energy" in a non monetary sense you will have changed all of mankind for eternity and probably get yourself suicided. It's not like I am making things up or trying to be a downer. Many people have made the claim before and not one of them as far as anyone knows has ever been proven to actually work.

You are making far too many assumptions not evidenced, sir. How do you know that "not one of them as far as anyone knows has ever been proven to actually work". That is quite the assumption!

I don't think you are quite understanding the definition of free energy. Getting it from a source without paying for it is not the same thing. Now having said that you are right if he can take it to the middle of the desert where there are no power lines or electronics and still generate a charge he might be onto something but from what I understand that is not what is being claimed.

You didn't bother to read the rest of my message, did you? It most certainly can be done! I'm understanding you correctly.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I am not making any assumptions, are you paying an electric bill? Do you see any advertisements for free energy devices anywhere before today? You most certainly do not understand this, you did not just give the recipe for free energy I am sorry. You even linked the definition but you don't seem to grasp what it is saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes I started a thread about this tech a while ago and yes it does work. Here's my home vid.

Heres my vid on how to build one

I found that the longer the antenna outside the greater the voltage.
I am working on an isolated mast so i can power my backyard lights at the moment by ambient charging the battery's during the day.

For those wondering if it will handle a load? Why yes it does.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by nomnom

I am not making any assumptions, are you paying an electric bill?

That has no bearing on what you claim.

Do you see any advertisements for free energy devices anywhere before today?

Nor this.

You most certainly do not understand this, you did not just give the recipe for free energy I am sorry. You even linked the definition but you don't seem to grasp what it is saying.

Incorrect. I not only grasped it, but provided you a viable solution. The fact that resources are used in the construction, and operation, do not negate the fact that more energy will be pulled which is of a "free" source.

You are quite naive.
edit on 19-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With all due respect I have registered usable voltage and current away from electrical sources. Radiant energy exists without human generation the earth has its own EM field.

In fact in some areas it is a form of pollution. These would potentially become shielding tech for those living near cell towers and HV power lines and suffering the adverse affects.

Just wanted to add you are not pulling energy you are absorbing it the same way any antenna or earth or land mass would. Please do some research on how electrons move before making statements about stealing other peoples power it doesn't work that way it is passive.

The energy is already expended. Wasted. You are not pulling more it is simply an earth point. Instead of the electrons being absorbed into the earth they are rectified into current and stored in a battery.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: add more

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Funny you claim I am the naive one in this instance. You think I haven't seen this claim on ATS before? When we all quit needing to pay our electric, heating, or fuel bills I will come back and tell you "You were right" but until then this is nothing new as far as making claims.

That you think you so easily solved one of the biggest problems to man kind is funny. Seriously, I urge you to patent and disseminate your ideas genius, they will surely build monuments in your name.

I am not claiming it can't ever be done, but no one up to this point has done it. At least to a degree that is viable to sustain anything worth while.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Mate its been done please refer to my posts and experimental evidence as provided above. The dogma has got to stop. The way forward is to do the experiment and see its true for yourself. I have even provided a simple how to. I remember I got all the parts/components and then some off ebay for less than 5 dollars.

I just wanted to add that I use renewable energy systems on my house and they knock approx $200 off my bill. I will keep adding systems until it is no longer a monthly thing I pay for. It is not some fantasy it is innovation perhaps time to peek outside that box you built for your mind.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: add more

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by nomnom

Funny you claim I am the naive one in this instance. You think I haven't seen this claim on ATS before? When we all quit needing to pay our electric, heating, or fuel bills I will come back and tell you "You were right" but until then this is nothing new as far as making claims.

Does not compute. Why do you assume that if something could be done, it would? Why do you assume that if someone has an idea, it can't be trampled? Naivety.

That you think you so easily solved one of the biggest problems to man kind is funny. Seriously, I urge you to patent and disseminate your ideas genius, they will surely build monuments in your name.

Why do you assume that I would receive a patent for this? Common sense tells me it would be a "national security" risk. Again, naivety.

I am not claiming it can't ever be done, but no one up to this point has done it. At least to a degree that is viable to sustain anything worth while.

Again, quite the assumption. It's as if you need something to be accepted by the establishment in order to be "proven". That would be... a rather foolish way of thinking.
edit on 19-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Have a nice stay at ATS. I hope you share more of your contributions with Man Kind. I can say I knew you when. As for this I guess time will tell won't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Anyone have a link to how people have used coils to gather power from nearby power lines? I live fairly close to some and this has peeked my curiosity enough to try it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

You have completely ignored all evidence provided and made this an attack on the character.
Thread derailed I guess you got what you wanted.
I have on multiple occasions provided evidence and explanation for the tech and each time you have returned to attacking NNs character.

FYI the tech has been around since Tesla. It works. It is proven. It just is not supported by commercial interests as there is no way to regulate it and maintain an income whereas supply and demand there is. Its just good business to be that way about renewable energy.
In Australia we are all starting the conversion. As the power companies began to price gouge us more and more it became cheaper to invest in renewable's. The teat must still be cheap enough for you to remain attached.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: (Remove reference made in error.)

edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: Change from OP to NN (NN OP I was refering to not thread OP)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes I have created a how to video and linked it on this page. Its really quite simple.
Zennor Diodes capacitors and an antenna.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I never attacked anyones character what so ever. I argued that this isn't free energy in the sense of the definition that we usually talk about on this website. And it isn't. I am not sure where you got that, I don't believe Nom nom knows what he is talking about but that certainly isn't an attack on his or her character. Nom nom isn't even the OP, I never made any comments what so ever about the OP.

I don't want anything discussed or not discussed. Look at my post history, I have been on this website for going on 7 years. Don't make accusations at me about thread derailment for pointing out the facts jack. It may well be possible to draw insignificant amounts of energy from now where but that has nothing to do with what this OP article is talking about.

Pulling excess energy from a power line or a microwave is not free energy, period. Anyone arguing that it is does not know what they are talking about.
edit on 2/19/2013 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Earth battery.

Very little current and poor cost:benefit ratio due to the cost of the materials needed to invest in an installation that outputs barely usable power.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Would much rather have one of those mad micro nuclear engines the mars rover has, I'd happily run my house on that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
As previously stated Radiant energy does exist even away from man made emitters it is not negligible or miniscule.
To infer otherwise denote a complete ignorance even the smallest concept of how electrons work and how our current understanding of atomic structure currently exists.

It "is" free energy because it is passively absorbed/earthed through the circuit. It is not being sucked out of anyone's property it is being collected the way the earth or atmosphere would collect it upon interaction. Instead of this wasted energy being redistributed through Earthed structures it can be absorbed and stored. Essentially recycled from wasted or unused radiant energy.

It is in effect free although in a EM noisy environment you would definitely see a spike in input this does not mean you are stealing it only making use of an environmental condition.
Outside a city any place where running water exists would also improve the amount that you could channel as radiant energy exists as part of the natural environment of any system it can by Stated that it is in fact "Free".

I just wanted to add that it is not pulling it is absorbing radiant energy in its various frequencies and rectifying it into a current. If you are unlucky enough to be situated near HV power lines or a tower you are being saturated with EM pollution.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: more

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Shirak

I never attacked anyones character what so ever. I argued that this isn't free energy in the sense of the definition that we usually talk about on this website. And it isn't. I am not sure where you got that, I don't believe Nom nom knows what he is talking about but that certainly isn't an attack on his or her character. Nom nom isn't even the OP, I never made any comments what so ever about the OP.

I don't want anything discussed or not discussed. Look at my post history, I have been on this website for going on 7 years. Don't make accusations at me about thread derailment for pointing out the facts jack. It may well be possible to draw insignificant amounts of energy from now where but that has nothing to do with what this OP article is talking about.

Pulling excess energy from a power line or a microwave is not free energy, period. Anyone arguing that it is does not know what they are talking about.
edit on 2/19/2013 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

I'm not going to argue with you about your intentions I read what I read in your previous posts (in this thread) that is what I am basing this assumption on. Remember solar tech used to be capable of small voltage production before it was developed and researched adequately. Got to get past the dogma that "Free" energy is a myth. The universe is energy you just gotta learn to tap that sweet sweet maple syrup.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Shirak because: Clarify

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by AldrinAlden

BTW, this technology already exists in the mainstream from what I understand.

Example: anyone have one of those "smart" cards for the metro? Inside they contain no power source, yet store data. So how does one of the machines receive the data off the card, then write data onto it when you use the card, if the internal electronics have no power source to move the bits around into different configurations?

Answer: it utilizes the EM fields from the machine and turns those fields into tiny electric currents that is just enough to transmit / write small amounts of data.

RF Induction

I dont think so. The card is simply a trigger to an external database, an identifier, the database has all the info. The info is not transferred to the card. The card simply says, "hello I am John Smotherton" then funds are deducted from the database not the card.
edit on 19-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
I'm not going to argue with you about your intentions I read what I read in your previous posts (in this thread) that is what I am basing this assumption on. Remember solar tech used to be capable of small voltage production before it was developed and researched adequately. Got to get past the dogma that "Free" energy is a myth. The universe is energy you just gotta learn to tap that sweet sweet maple syrup.
The article refers to "ambient, environmental radiation", so it's probably more clear to speak in those terms.

The article shows a photo of a man standing under a power transmission line and yes it's not costing the man anything but the power company may be burning coal to produce the power. "Free energy" is a term often associated with avoiding the use of non-renewable resources like coal, so it can create confusion to call it that. I wouldn't say it's completely "wrong", but just unnecessarily confusing considering the popular use of "free energy".

I did a calculation of what it would take to power my house with this ambient radiation, and since I live nowhere near a power line, I have slim pickings. I figured the payback on my initial investment would be over a million years. Not quite economical for running an air conditioner....but you can certainly power small devices with it, that have a power drain requirement on the order of a digital watch that will run on the same battery for 7 years due to very low power requirements.

But if you live under a power line, yes you might be able to power your house with ambient radiation...as mentioned earlier in the thread people have already done this.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Earth is a humming electromagnetic powerhouse. As the dynamo turns within the Earth waves of magnetic energy pulse with it. Using a correct type of coil set in the east-west alignment should allow for the induction of electricity within the coil circuit. However, such a coil would have to be special as the voltage would be very low, therefore the coil wire thickness would have to be less than a human hair to induce a magnetic filed strong enough to glean electric current. I've already done this experiment, and it works, however, I didn't use coil wire less than a human hair so the energy was not even enough to power anything. But it does work. You just have to use quite a bit of very thin coil wire to make up the difference.

I was also able to get almost 2 volts of electricity, AC or DC from a coil being in the presence of my own body made in a specific way. I will just say that you need to use a combination of copper and iron. You can figure out the rest if your bright, because I want to improve it and maybe take advantage of it's money making potential.

Also check out the electric properties of water surface.

Nuff said.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join