It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is asking for a registry of guns owned by Americans living in Border States!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow....

Are you kidding me? Probably the most corrupt Government in the western hemisphere (save our own) wants a list of US citizens that own guns? For what?

Fast & Furious Part Deux?

How about the Mexican Government clean up its own mess before nosing into our business?

The Mexican Government is asking for a list of all gun owners in American Border States.

CBS 5 AZ story

Telling a corrupt failed state run by drug mafia who on their drug routes has guns, and which homes are defenseless. Great idea!
edit on 19-2-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LMFAO yah good luck with that one.. The gun laws will not be coming to Texas and Texas borders mexico more then anyone.. You will NEVER get a list of anyone in Texas that has guns and neither will the US GOV...

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why does Mexico need this information? Are they having problems with American citizens sneaking through holes in the border fence and shooting up innocent Mexicans on their own land? Or is it the other way around??

Seems to me that Mexico will put out fliers which detail which houses on our side of the border are armed, so either they can avoid those properties on their illegal flight into the US, or so they know which ones to hit that are defenseless. I'll bet the cartels want to know, and they're using a government mouthpiece to request this.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well, at least they are saying "asking" instead of 'demanding'.....

Ask away all you want, our friends south of the border, it doesn't mean you'll receive an
answer tho.

[I sure hope not.................
]

edit on 19-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Having reviewed the video, there are a few things that should be asked and answers should be brought forth with equal clarity and honesty.

The first is what does the Government of Mexico need with such a list? What would its purpose be, and ultimately can it justify the invasion of personal privacy on the part of the US government towards its citizens?

What happens if it finds say that a home did not register its firearms? Will it have any sway in any investigations on this side of the border?

And does the Government of Mexico, really believe that the people of the US, in particular those that are along its borders, would be so willing to comply with a law, if they think or believe that their rights are being infringed on? What is to stop the people of the USA from creating an underground black market to where people have more than what is reported?

Those are the kinds of questions that should be asked, as it could result in problems for both governments if this is not handled carefully. Already there is a problem with illegale immigrants coming from the Mexican side of the country north, and people who have fire arms actively patrolling the borders, that are not affiliated with the US government.

Is this going to spark an incident from either side, to cause more of a build up on the border?

Something does not seem correct, and ultimately can and will go in a diseasterous way when lawyers, pens and governments are involved with a volitile citizen on both sides of the border.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by Signals

Ask away all you want, our friends south of the border, it doesn't mean you'll receive an
answer tho.

]

I wouldn't be so sure of that, considering the "leadership" in charge right now.....

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Dear Mexico,
Nope, its none of your damn business. Enclosed is a bill for the money Mexican citizen cost the US a year.

P.S. please control your cartels and take care of your own people.

Signed,
An American

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No...

No, they can't be that stupid.

This has to be from The Onion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

reply to post by Signals

answer tho.

]

I wouldn't be so sure of that, considering the "leadership" in charge right now.....

Point well taken...........

In that case:
"Guns, what guns?

I'm sorry, we don't own any guns'......he-he

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Living in AZ . . . that would not be good!

This is a tired line we hear from the Mexican nationals and La Raza people all the time, in AZ. It's not Mexico or their citizen's fault for their problems . . . it's always the US. If there were no guns in US . . . Mexico would not be violent. If US didn't like drugs . . . Mexico would be a Utopia where no problems would exist. If US wasn't racist "their" people would not be dying in the desert.

That's the problem with totalitarian regimes (Mexico or US since Reagan . . .), it's always someone elses fault that problems exist. So, if we could just jail (banish) that outgroup or outlaw anything they like (drugs, guns, etc) we would all sing "kumbaya my lord" . . . unless of course that offends anyone.
edit on 2/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

HEY!!! I just watched the video . . . they are at the Ben Avery Shooting Range. I was just there this morning exercising my 2nd Amendment (and AZ State Constitution) rights.

Why didn't they talk to me . . . ?

Who am I kidding . . . I would have walked away, if I saw them coming . . .

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess we will provide them that list only if they first provide us with a list of all the gun owners and cartels with guns that are living near our boarders along with there address.

REALLY how stupid are they down there, reminds me of something I saw on Comedy Central, we should just by Mexico, flip it and sell it to another country and when they default on it, take it back and flip it again.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

answer tho.

]

Well . . . they won't from the "border states". However, the feds will be more than happy to cooperate with their government.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Mexico can go jump in a lake.
I doubt anybody on this side of the border who is a gun owner will comply.
I'll support their refusal to.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
No...

No, they can't be that stupid.

This has to be from The Onion.

No it isn't...and yes...they could be that stupid.

It's from an Arizona CBS affiliate.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Yea, I bet it's the Mexicans. Nice try Obama.

"Shucks, I would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids."

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh, HELL NO.
What could they possibly want with that information? And what makes it any of their business? I see someone trying to play the blame game. "They've got guns and that's causing all the violence in our country"
Any rep from any border state that agrees to this, needs to be kicked out of office.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm officially asking Mexico for $7 million, a private beach house in Cancun, 128-1 oz gold libertads, 2 chalupas and a pretty lady - disease free.

Thanks Mexico!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Yea, I bet it's the Mexicans. Nice try Obama.

"Shucks, I would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join