It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commuting Tips? Hour Drive...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I recently got a job where I have an hour commute each way. Usually, not a big deal, but talk radio seems to be in the toilet these days....and I'm tired of the same songs. Audio books have been a godsend lately (so highly recommended), but I've been thinking about satellite radio too. Is it worth it? (for those who've gone this route). I also find that if I have something to drink and a snack, it keeps me alert. Any other tips?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I recently got a job where I have an hour commute each way. Usually, not a big deal, but talk radio seems to be in the toilet these days....and I'm tired of the same songs. Audio books have been a godsend lately (so highly recommended), but I've been thinking about satellite radio too. Is it worth it? (for those who've gone this route). I also find that if I have something to drink and a snack, it keeps me alert. Any other tips?

I turn off the radio and listen to the engine... and the voices in my head.

edit on 19-2-2013 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You can practice singing,thats the perfect setting for it.
You might get a few funny looks but who cares.

Good luck with the job.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have Sirius Satelite Radio.

I Love It.

There's plenty to listen to... any Genre of music, many talk channels, comdey channels...
heck even Playboy and Sexx Radio.

Some advice, if you sign up, only do so for the 3 month plan at first.... when that is up
call in and tell them that you'd love to keep it, but can't justify the money, you'll have to cancel.
They'll send you to the retention dept. I get a years worth of service ($159) usually for $80-$90
plus tax.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If you have a smart phone or ipod you can also go with Slacker radio. You can make your own playlists and store up to 16gb of songs on your device for when you're not in wifi or phone range.

I also play video games on the iphone when I have time, many time killers to be played, so little time to kill.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by toastyr

I've tried Iheart radio, but not really doing much for me.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would suggest audio books. Or you can get a CB radio, there's always somebody to talk to on those.

top topics

join