It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overview Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Overview Effect

Perspective-altering experience often described as the Overview Effect is something almost every astronaut or cosmonaut seems to experience after they've been to space.

Seeing this video and mostly all video's that are being presented in the couple of years , I can imagine what mean by that . But not fully understand because I never bin to space.

So I want to share this video with you if you don't have seen it before then do so, its a great short movie .

The Overview Effect, first described by author Frank White in 1987, is an experience that transforms astronauts’ perspective of the planet and mankind’s place upon it. Common features of the experience are a feeling of awe for the planet, a profound understanding of the interconnection of all life, and a renewed sense of responsibility for taking care of the environment. ‘Overview’ is a short film that explores this phenomenon through interviews with five astronauts who have experienced the Overview Effect. The film also features insights from commentators and thinkers on the wider implications and importance of this understanding for society, and our relationship to the environment.

Have fun.. Peace

edit on 19-2-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join