It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Trespasses Student's Dorm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You can almost feel the lightness in the air now that the borderline intolerable datroof has faded into the distance, my god if that's not a mind control victim I don't what is.

inaliable rights bitc!

if you cant handle a little pricks condescending attitude maybe you shouldn't have a firearm.....get over yourself

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

This kid is retarded, the campus police can enter the dorm if they want. While they are there they are acting as administrators to the school, no police. That is why they are threatening to get him kicked out of school- not take him to jail.
The only thing worse than not knowing your rights is pretending to know them- they are the truly stupid people.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

actualy you are incorrect in the video i posted on the page before this near the bottom the university said that police DO need a warrent to search your dorm room unless its an emergency or a maintenance issue

they can walk in but not search so unless its in plain sight they have no right to search

www.whas11.com...

The university’s official residence policy allows police to enter dorm rooms but does not allow searches without warrants and permission. “Authorization to enter a student’s room under this policy does not constitute authorization to conduct a search of the room," the policy says.

As for UofL, police need a search warrant to enter dorm rooms. Unless it's an emergency or maintenance issue.
at university of Louisville the police need a warrant to even enter,so it seems the laws varry from state to state and possibly by university to university

and of note that is not why the officer was fired he was fired for inappropriate contact which is visible in the video posted by the op
edit on 19-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

actualy you are incorrect in the video i posted on the page before this near the bottom the university said that police DO need a warrent to search your dorm room unless its an emergency or a maintenance issue

Actually you spelled actually incorrectly and you are still wrong. The police get hired on by the school as "administrators", which is why in the video the cop mentions the fact that he is an administrator. Since it is school property and the students sign an agreement when they rent the dorm administrators can and do enter the rooms.
brucealanblock.com...
Didn't even bother reading the rest of your post la la la la la.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You should really title this, "Douchebag student taunts cops into trespassing his dorm."

This kid is human garbage, I hope he does get kicked out of school. University cops aren't inner-city cops, they tend to be more tolerant of student behavior. Why? Because they are on the university's payroll. To treat them this way does NOTHING to help the student ease the situation; it only makes him look like a jackass. Person to person, anyone who talks like that should get their ass kicked.

Wow so you think because the kid did not put up with thugs violating his rights and trying to intimidate him that he is a douchbag and deserved to have his rights violated...Sigh! I always marvel when people with the slave mentality try to insult real Americans who stand up for their rights and chastise them for not being compliant slaves like they themselves...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Someone already answered this comment but again the officer in question
was let go because he violated the boys rights and school policy, he was
ruled in the wrong by the police and the school both, i do not see how anyone
can say it was ok.

Unfortunately for us to have our rights be inalienable they must also apply
to jerks with attitude problems, i would prefer we have jerks with equal
rights then to allow officers to use anger to dictate our rights.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara

can say it was ok.

He was fired from the school- not the police department. And according to the statement he was fired for inappropriate physical contact.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

According to official school policy, campus police are not permitted to enter a student’s room without first obtaining consent or a warrant. The same officer also verbally dismissed the student’s Fourth Amendment rights and threatened him with expulsions if he did give his consent for the search. “Listen man, do you want to be kicked out of this university?” asked the still unidentified officer. “I can pave that road. We’re going to get you kicked out.” “We don’t have to explain anything to you son,” he added. “[T]here is no Fourth Amendment.” The officer was almost certainly referring to the Fourth Amendment in the Bill of Rights section of the Constitution which guarantees against “against unreasonable searches.”

That was also part of the story, clearly he according to school policy,
had 4th amendment protection.
edit on 19-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

also to add if the officer was no violating school policy then why did they fire
him? he very well did violate this persons rights.
edit on 19-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: to add

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

also to add if the officer was no violating school policy then why did they fire
him? he very well did violate this persons rights.

Engrish much? j/k
Its up there, scroll up. He was fired from the school for inappropriate physical contact according to the statement that was released.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by bloodreviara

can say it was ok.

He was fired from the school- not the police department. And according to the statement he was fired for inappropriate physical contact.

The school is the police department in Kentucky.

In 1972, the Kentucky legislature enacted KRS 164.950 which gave all state public universities the power to create campus police agencies and also set out standards for being a campus police officer. Some of the standards at that time were more stringent than what was required by law for a city police department.

They even make 'em go to the police academy.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

This is a reupload from a year or two ago as I remember seeing it.
Just saying.
As for the kid, I endorse his behavior as it is his right and he was being intimidated.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I think it's pretty clear that they were going to eventually try and trespass before he started mouthing off at them. He just sped up the process with his attitude.

Yes he was being a dick but sometimes you've got to be a dick to get to the bottom of someone's intentions.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First of all, the kid is impaired either by alcohol or drugs, ...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that..so he is underage and drunk and causing a scene. he has done something to bring the police/ administrators to his door....these guys don't want to deal with these young punk kids, until they have too...so...without seeing what this kid did to provoke them coming to his door, the point is mute. ....this kid is a pompass a** who thinks he knows the world and is entitled to do as he wants...I give this kid one year and he lands in jail for brawling or drunk in public or something like that...this kid has a rude awakening coming...at one point n the video he was "oinking " at the police..really? ..he's a punk.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

It is not clear that he is drunk or under the influence of anything. How did you make that assertion? He might have ADHD or some other kind of hyperactive disorder for all you know.

OR, he was just fired up with adrenaline because there were cops at his door trying to gain access illegaly. Either way, you don't KNOW that he was under the influence of anything so don't pretend that you do... :shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im all for rights being protected and proactively enforced but this kid was seriously annoying. Everyone with a camera thinks they are law experts now. I like how in the barrage of harassing insults the kid points out the lack of reasoning given by the cops. Neither recited any actual laws or sections of the supposedly read school clause. This is a case of a provoking ignorant citizen and a cop lacking knowledge of law.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This was posted months ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Any idea what school? It would be interesting to know so we can get a hold of any "lease" agreement that a student and/or parent signs when accepting the living quarters.

Case: Most apartment complexes typically have a clause that allows for maintenance personnel and/or management to enter your home with prior notice. Given that and the nature of a dormitory, it would be more prudent to find out what exactly this school claims as exclusivity in terms of entrance to a dorm room.

My initial guess would be there is a "safety" clause but overall the confrontation presented in the video is disgusting on both parties involved.

Now time to find what school it was...

ETA: UofK Dorm Room Policy

Room Entry Policy

Authorized university personnel may enter a student's residence hall room without permission for the following reasons:

To provide routine maintenance
To provide routine inspections to ensure that residents are following health, fire, and safety regulations
To respond to emergency situations; e.g., situations which threaten the health and/or safety of room occupants, and situations which require immediate maintenance to prevent property damage or immediate action to correct the health, fire and/or safety risk
When there is reason to believe that a violation of university policy is taking place in the room and occupants in the room do not open the door when requested to do so.

Furthermore, the officer was both in the right to do so, but failed to follow entry policy stated here:

Protocol for using the master key to enter a residence hall room:

No student room should be entered without knocking, regardless of whether the door is locked, unlocked, or open. The only situations in which staff are not required to knock are emergencies.
Before using the master key, university personnel attempting to enter a room should identify themselves and state the reason for entry. In addition, they should request that the door be opened.
If the door is not opened and authorized university personnel deem it necessary, the master key will be used to enter the student's room for one or more of the reasons listed above.

edit on 19-2-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

well too bad because then you would know that the student is still there and the officer isnt i hope hes enjoying his time unemployed and what i said was they can enter but they can not search as to do that they need a warrant go take your grammar police elsewhere

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
To anyone saying the student deserved to be kicked out of school for being rude to a pig. Well, I consider YOU tobe rude and should be kicked off ATS..............Douche Bags......

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

well too bad because then you would know that the student is still there and the officer isnt i hope hes enjoying his time unemployed and what i said was they can enter but they can not search as to do that they need a warrant go take your grammar police elsewhere

Moar liek too bad you can't read. He was fired from the school but not from the police department.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join