It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video Game Portrays Dorner as Hero

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi all

SRy if this has been posted I searched and did not see it

Well theres a new video game called Chris Dorner’s Last Stand: A True American Hero.’ created by the online communtyt 4-chan its A shoot em up game with a goal of killing as many cops as possibe..

I think this is ridiculous. While i hate all the police corruption and Im glad he exposed alot of it.. You cant go around killing people because they are corrupt if you could we would all be dead. I mean whats not corrupt in this world?

I really dont think this guy is a hero at all. just a twisted scumbag

ktla.com...

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – In the wake of quadruple-murder suspect Christopher Dorner’s death in a cabin near Big Bear, some are perversely making him out to be some sort of larger-than-life mythical folk figure.

And now, the latest twist: there’s a new video game featuring the vengeful cop-killer as a hero.

It even has the terminator in it..

Play in the game begins with Dorner in a secluded cabin, which features a portrait of Charlie Sheen on the wall. Dorner is armed with an assault rifle.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is inserted into the game as one of Dorner’s enemies.

edit on 16-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Dorner's Doom

edit on 16-2-2013 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I don't see anything wrong with it. The Jury is still out on exactly what happened and why. Also, the police are stating that he died of a shot to the head while many have posted recordings of the cops being gung-ho to burn him alive. Who knows the truth anymore?

And then we have Grand Theft Auto as a game that allows you to kill...well, anyone you want. So, if this game is perverse, what is GTA?

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Well theres a new video game ...

To be more accurate, somebody took the old 1993 game of DOOM, and created a level for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverMind2013

wow thanks for posting that

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think this is a gross over-reaction by media.. it's a duke nukem 3D mod.. ( Edit: DOOM not Duke 3d but the same points are true, Doom came out before D3D )

1. Tasteless mods for duke nukem have existed since the game came out years ago.
2. 4chan is known for being tasteless, they revel in it.. this has also been the same for years.. they do it specifically to get attention.. for the "lolz" ..

We are becoming too politically correct and far too sensitive to things.. Had this happened 15 years ago then it wouldn't have been a big deal at all .. Nobody is forcing anyone to play it.. did you know there are columbine mods for games? ...

This is nothing new, and hardly something I care about.. anyone who gets infuriated about this is taking things a bit too seriously in my opinion... media loves to get people worked up over nothing.. it's called sensationalism .. it gets viewers
edit on 2/16/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
There is a simple solution to your problem: Don't play the game if you don't like it. Complaining about it is just increasing the chance someone that didn't know about it will now go and play it. You are actually helping it's popularity.
edit on 16-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Well theres a new video game ...

To be more accurate, somebody took the old 1993 game of DOOM, and created a level for it.

That's not Doom .. it's Duke Nukem 3D... I used to make tons of maps for that game =) I recognized the pistol and menu system immediately... much easier to make maps for D3D than it is for Doom thanks to the awesome "Build" editor

EDIT: I stand corrected .. it's Doom for sure.. the pistol looks like the D3D pistol but I didn't pay much attention to the dash at the bottom which is definitely Doom

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
That's not Doom .. it's Duke Nukem 3D... I used to make tons of maps for that game =) I recognized the pistol and menu system immediately... much easier to make maps for D3D than it is for Doom thanks to the awesome "Build" editor

A bit perverse but way back then I made a Duke Nukem 3D level of my workplace. The carpark, the street out the front, all the rooms in the office, the workshop out the back etc. Not many people wanted to play it.

But its been so long I had to do a google image search to see what the status bar at the base looked like.
I still think its Doom, like the title of the video says.

edit on 16-2-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by miniatus

A bit perverse but way back then I made a Duke Nukem 3D level of my workplace. The carpark, the street out the front, all the rooms in the office, the workshop out the back etc. Not many people wanted to play it.

But its been so long I had to do a google image search to see what the status bar at the base looked like.
I still think its Doom, like the title of the video says.

edit on 16-2-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Actually you're right ... they updated the pistol but one thing they didn't change is the dash at the bottom.. that's unmistakably doom.. FAIL =) ..

Yeah Duke Nukem 3D was fun to make maps for .. I had a huge map that took up the entire map area.. it had 4 arenas with all sorts of hidden areas that me and my friends would play at lan parties.. I made the map but they refused to let me edit it without them in the room so I didn't embed hidden secrets

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Holy #, the fact that people are still making Doom wads in this day and age is more news worthy than the Dorner wad itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Holy #, the fact that people are still making Doom wads in this day and age is more news worthy than the Dorner wad itself.

Haha yeah there's actually a fairly active community out there doing it .. it's nothing like it was .. you can find new maps and mods for Doom, Quake, Duke and several other of the classics.. they've even updated the graphic engines of some of those games to give them dynamic lighting and high resolution textures..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

this is disgusting and very deviant this is exaclty why i hate our media becuase it glamorizes drugs and this, its just wrong military sims and war time games are one thing, im even tolerant to GTA's but there has to be a line drawn here for this stuff and i believe 17 for mature is WAAAY to young to expose our youth to these type of video games and movies im a 20 yr old gamer and this IS my point of view, numbers dont lie the people do
edit on 16-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: puntuation and sentance structure im sorry im lazy deal with it folks

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Is there a Manbearpig that shoots flaming balls at you!?!?!??!

Cause, i mean there should be.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
At least this WAD wasn't used with the new
Brutal Doom v.18..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It makes me smile.

The fist shaking.

Job accomplished!!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GRS1234
reply to post by goou111

this is disgusting and very deviant this is exaclty why i hate our media becuase it glamorizes drugs and this

"This"? People making mods to video games? Reporting on something isn't glamorizing it.

its just wrong military sims and war time games are one thing, im even tolerant to GTA's

You're fine with GTA, but when a real person pulls a GTA and ends up in a game, you have a problem? The killing is just as fake as in GTA, he's not killing real people. At least you can't go get some hookers and drugs and become an organized crime kingpin in this game.

but there has to be a line drawn here for this stuff

Why? You're personally ok with worse acts of virtual violence, sex, and deviance. IF you don't like this game, don't play it. Complaining about it won't have the effect you desire.

and i believe 17 for mature is WAAAY to young to expose our youth to these type of video games and movies

Random mods to existing old-as-hell games don't get ratings. They don't have huge funds for advertisements and aren't usually covered in gaming publications, so the chance for exposure is very small. It increases, however, the more people talk about it, especially if they're angry about it. Have you ever heard of the Streisand Effect?
en.wikipedia.org...

numbers dont lie the people do

What numbers and people? This doesn't even make sense.
edit on 16-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: for the South!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot

Originally posted by GRS1234
reply to post by goou111

this is disgusting and very deviant this is exaclty why i hate our media becuase it glamorizes drugs and this

"This"? People making mods to video games? Reporting on something isn't glamorizing it.

its just wrong military sims and war time games are one thing, im even tolerant to GTA's

You're fine with GTA, but when a real person pulls a GTA and ends up in a game, you have a problem? The killing is just as fake as in GTA, he's not killing real people. At least you can't go get some hookers and drugs and become an organized crime kingpin in this game.

but there has to be a line drawn here for this stuff

Why? You're personally ok with worse acts of virtual violence, sex, and deviance. IF you don't like this game, don't play it. Complaining about it won't have the effect you desire.

and i believe 17 for mature is WAAAY to young to expose our youth to these type of video games and movies

Random mods to existing old-as-hell games don't get ratings.

numbers dont lie the people do

What numbers and people? This doesn't even make sense.
edit on 16-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: for the South!

ok for one dont twist my words two i said im tolerant of it three i like em but i dont like what they do to other people and 4 im talking about statitcal numbers in crime that i believe is a DIRECT result of the media and poverty im not personally ok with any of the above mentioned stuff like i said im tolerant to a point take it as far as you can throw it you dont know me and yes this mod is disgusting your publicity arguement has as much wieght as a piece of papper or a feather making a mod of somthing is glamorizing it and it depends on the media coverage to much of one thing reported is glamorizing it in my book pal dont twist my words and yes if you dont like it dont play it thats your right whats your point?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

and yes this is more disgusting than gta even though its a bad game for youth in developement because where is the FING HONOR FOR THE ONES HE KILLED why make a fing mod over this its really appauling

edit on 16-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

now i do agree with you on one thing and thats the Streisand Effect right back to glamorizing ty you made a self refuting arguement pal as did i what you gonna do about it though its called life and karma

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Hi all

SRy if this has been posted I searched and did not see it

Well theres a new video game called Chris Dorner’s Last Stand: A True American Hero.’ created by the online communtyt 4-chan its A shoot em up game with a goal of killing as many cops as possibe..

I think this is ridiculous. While i hate all the police corruption and Im glad he exposed alot of it.. You cant go around killing people because they are corrupt if you could we would all be dead. I mean whats not corrupt in this world?

I really dont think this guy is a hero at all. just a twisted scumbag

ktla.com...

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – In the wake of quadruple-murder suspect Christopher Dorner’s death in a cabin near Big Bear, some are perversely making him out to be some sort of larger-than-life mythical folk figure.

And now, the latest twist: there’s a new video game featuring the vengeful cop-killer as a hero.

It even has the terminator in it..

Play in the game begins with Dorner in a secluded cabin, which features a portrait of Charlie Sheen on the wall. Dorner is armed with an assault rifle.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is inserted into the game as one of Dorner’s enemies.

Well if you don't realize by now that you're all being played by The Powers That Be, then it serves you right, all of you macho idiots, for falling prey to their agenda.

You stupid men! You are being played and manipulated for your thirst for cartoon hero worship.

Chris Dorner never even existed. He's a cia invention.
Research it.
Do your homework, instead of acting like dorks who believe everything that's served up to you.

Sorry, but I can't contain myself at the sheer stupidity of it all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join