It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Ancient roads lead to TARSUS…did you notice? fascinating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sometimes when looking at history, in certain areas, looking at the events which happened in key eras of our history….. patterns start to appear

Putting it simply, some things cannot be a coincidence….

Looking at key events

*Fall of a 3000yr pharaohonic kingdom
*The Persian empire…and mithra
*Rise of the Roman empire and the catholics

Also looking at the network of cults that initially served an emperor …when the emperor was removed…who did the network of cults work for?……

These key events are responsible for how we today live our lives, in every hemisphere
Religion, science, art, philosophy, agriculture……and SOCIETY

A place that was in my peripheral…which I never addressed….kept coming up again and again…within the backdrop of very importat situations and times

TARSUS in southern turkey

The pharaohs biggest enemy…Hittites…well tarsus is considered the home and origin of hitties and their lace of authority

I personally believe Cleopatra and mark Anthony conspired against Egypt
And surrendered egypt to rome

Well….Tarsus is the place where Cleopatra and mark Anthony first met - the seat of the deception

It was the birthplace of paul the apostle
He “is perhaps the most influential early Christian missionary and leader of the first generation of Christians. Among the many other apostles and missionaries involved in the spread of the Christian faith,[5]

Paul is often considered to be one of the two most important people in the history of Christianity, and one of the greatest religious leaders of all time.[6]
Almost half of the books of the New Testament are credited to his authorship.[5][7][8]
He was responsible for spreading of the Gospel through early Christian communities across the Roman Empire”..after seeing the resurrected jesus….“He began to preach that Jesus of Nazareth is the Jewish Messiah and the Son of God.[Acts 9:20-21] Through his missionary activities and writings he eventually transformed religious belief and philosophy around the Mediterranean Basin”…WIKI

“Owing to the importance of Tarsus many martyrs were put to death there, among them being St. Pelagia, St. Boniface, St. Marinus, St. Diomedus, and Sts. Cerycus and Julitta; several Roman emperors were interred there --- namely, Tacitus, Maximinus Daza, and Julian the Apostate.

The Arabs took possession of Tarsus from the seventh century and kept it until 965, when Nicephorus Phocas annexed it again to the Byzantine Empire. The union continued for nearly a century. The crusaders captured it again from the Turks in 1097, and then it was disputed between Latins, Greeks, and Armenians of the Kingdom of Lesser Armenia; these last became definitively masters until about 1350, when it was sold to the Egyptians. Since then Tarsus has belonged to the Mussulmans. About the end of the tenth century, the Armenians established a diocese of their rite, which still exists; St. Nerses of Lambroun was its most distinguished representative in the twelfth century” www.newadvent.org...

“The geographer Strabo states that Tarsus was founded by people from Argos who were exploring this coast. Another legend states that Bellerophon fell off his winged horse Pegasus and landed here, hurting his foot, and thus the city was named tar-sos (the sole of the foot)” WIKI

Though some of the people who resided there, are a real eye opener

Also from wiki
Notable residents

Caliph Al-Ma'mun died near Tarsus …. Wow!
CEO of the Coca-Cola Company, Muhtar Kent, attended Tarsus American College …double wow!
Tarsus is one of a number of cities that claims to be the burial place of Bilal ibn Rabah, first muezzin, or caller to prayer, in Islam. …. Triple wow!
Cleopatra
Mark Antony
Saint Nerses of Lambron, Archbishop of Tarsus in the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia
Paul the Apostle (Saul of Tarsus), Christian apostle, missionary, martyr, and saint, was born here and returned for a brief period later in life.
Saint Theodore of Tarsus, Archbishop of Canterbury.
Lokman the Physician
Journalist Oral Çalışlar was born in Tarsus.
Antipater, Stoic philosopher
Chrysippus, Stoic philosopher
Zeno of Tarsus, philosopher

Also from wiki…the places of interest, which you can see today are:

Cleopatra's Gate - to the west of the city, the only ancient city gate still standing, where Anthony and Cleopatra entered the city in 41 BC, though the "restoration" of this structure has involved covering much of it over with shiny new stone (see [1] for a picture of the gate before the work was done).
The Roman bridge of Justinian over the Berdan River. Still in good condition.
Tarsus Museum - contains lots of ancient coins and a severed mummified arm.
Roman road north of Tarsus
Ancient road another Roman road within Tarsus.
Sites of religious interest and pilgrimage:
The St. Paul's Church and well (a request for its restitution to Christian worship was declined but has now apparently been accepted by the authorities- Badische Neueste Nachrichtungen 26 August 2010).
The mosque said to be the burial place of the Prophet Daniel.
The ancient story of Pegasus, the winged horse, also concerns Tarsus. Because of Pegasus' faithful service to Zeus, Pegasus was honored with a constellation. On the last day of his life, Zeus transformed him into a constellation, then a single feather fell to the earth near the city of Tarsus.

So do you know anything about Tarsus, that would add to its mystery.

Its place as the crossroads of world religion, world empire and probably, world piracy

At the moment…im picturing a scene from the movie 300
When the greek leader goes to the top of a mountain to ask permission to war, from some hideous monks lol….help me fix this lololoolol

Peace and thanks
edit on 16-2-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

tarsus (n.)
the ankle bones collectively, 1670s, Modern Latin, from Greek tarsos "ankle, sole of the foot, rim of the eyelid," originally "flat surface, especially for drying," from PIE root *ters- "to dry" (cf. Greek teresesthai "to be or become dry," tersainein "to make dry;" Latin terra "land, ground, soil," torrere "dry up, parch;" see terrain).

Source

The origins of the word Tarsus means to dry up basically.

Since I believe Paul sucked the bible dry of its spirituality, I think there may be something to this. Thanks for bringing this up.

edit on 16-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

so paul is responsible for

"jesus and our lord"...becoming ...."jesus our lord!"

it seems that "town" is responsible for discrediting religion....and replacing it was the imperial hierachy of "animal farm"

what fascinates me the most

is that i used to believe pheonecians were the pirates
but now i believe this is the seat of the skull n cross bones....that sabotaged, egypt, greece and eventually rome.

but the relationship with islam...wow

and the coca cole ceo...!!!??...muslims believe the coca cola logo, in a mirror, is arabic text and says , "no god no prophet"

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

tarsus (n.)
the ankle bones collectively, 1670s, Modern Latin, from Greek tarsos "ankle, sole of the foot, rim of the eyelid," originally "flat surface, especially for drying," from PIE root *ters- "to dry" (cf. Greek teresesthai "to be or become dry," tersainein "to make dry;" Latin terra "land, ground, soil," torrere "dry up, parch;" see terrain).

Source

The origins of the word Tarsus means to dry up basically.

Since I believe Paul sucked the bible dry of its spirituality, I think there may be something to this. Thanks for bringing this up.

edit on 16-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 1God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:9-10

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

What does this have to do with what I said? Because it uses the word "dry"? Try harder.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

well tarsus is considered the home and origin of hitties and their lace of authority

I dont consider it to be.

Can you tell me why you think this?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

well tarsus is considered the home and origin of hitties and their lace of authority

I dont consider it to be.

Can you tell me why you think this?

it dates to their period
it was a seat of scholarship and philosohpy
capital city
hittite gods are traced there

i knew they were from turkey....but i always thought west turkey

this city is heavily linked to hittite kings and foreign kings going there to meet them.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Oh right, well you will be pleased to here there capital city was infact Hattusa, located in central Turkey.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Oh right, well you will be pleased to here there capital city was infact Hattusa, located in central Turkey.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

yes
though officially it was there second capital city
but it was the capital of Kizzuwatna

dude i said it was a capital city of scholars and philosphers...like alexandria was

peace

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Some years ago, I discovered that many ancient writiings were actually forms of allegory. Although there were some variations in this allegory between languages, there was also a surprising consistancy. The number of people that have been linked to Tarsus is undoubtedly, in my opinion, connected to the metaphoric meaning of Tarsus. It is very easy to say someone was born in, or visited a city, since there is almost no way to prove otherwise. If they die in a city, there at least should be a grave, but even these can be faked. Many other ancient cities, such as Athens, Jerusalem, and Ephesus have also had significant metaphoric meanings which have made them appear far more important than they were in our physical world. If a city with an appropriate metaphoric meaning did not exist, then it was simply created (i.e. Nazareth, Arimathea). In many cases, I am sure, the metaphoric intent of a geographic location would draw events to it that would serve to reinforce its metaphoric meaning. For example, the metaphoric fame of Athens most likely turned it into a real center of Philosophic thought.
edit on 18-2-2013 by swordwords because: corrected wording

top topics

join