It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Is Rocknest a "SHIP CEMETARY"(?!) on MARS showing the remnants of a lost civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

I suggest you head out to western United States and look at "Rock" formations in places like Bryce canyon or even go to Yellowstone and look at Lava flows.. Your Imagination needs to gain a better understanding of certain realities.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

It's called a "Bow" and a "Stern".

As in........

"I am giving you a stern chastisement to use the correct terminology when trying to show that a rock is actually a ship, however I will bow my head to acknowledge that your OP contained one hell of a Superstructure".

You get a Star and Flag for seeing 5 shipwrecks that appear to be rocks.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The green shading makes them look like rocks that have moss growing on them.

I am having a bit of trouble seeing ships though.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by Bilk22
This is kind of odd looking.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

Tried some rudimentary color correction on this pic. I have to say it really doesn't look like a rock and what is sticking out of it?

Maybe they're vertabreb?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
mars is a dead planet. nothing grows there. its nothing. even if there WAS life on mars at one point. its ashes and dust now. the human race is not from mars and ancient alines from siruis b did not make us as slaves/food supply/etc etc etc get the feck over it. we are a boring back water species that offeres nothing to the REAL vastness of space and other worlds. if there is anyone listening out there. they are laughing there ass off at the human race

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Muahahahahahahahahahaha.........hold on, gotta catch my breathe....muhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
OP, thanks for the work you put into this.
I can see what you see...when you show me...what you see - but, will have to take more time to see if I can see it without your guiding light.
I do, though, see numerous oddities in the panorama.

Thanks to you (and all others) for the numerous replies in this thread, be it in a supportive or critical way. I admit that it's difficult to see the artifacts and highlighting the features in 'yellow' is kind of unfair because it seems to suggest more than there is at first. Yet, that's where they are buried if you look closely ... and the remains are petrified, of course, so we're indeed looking at rocks (today).

My hope is, that some of you will find the time (in the next days & weeks) to analyze the indicated locations in detail, using this GigaPan Panorama. Go 'Fullscreen' and zoom in on where I noted the artifacts and zoom out to see the big picture, several times. In any case, it does take some time and I agree, that - based on my initial pics in this thread - it's difficult to see it. But Curiosity provided images that are sufficient to actually support the claim.

Also, I apologize for not having used the nautical terminology like "bow" and "stern", but it was important to me to get the message out to you.

And remember, this was the pic that started it all. When looking at that, it really put the rest of the rubble we see at Rocknest into 'perspective":

Find it directly as a close up on this GigaPan Snapshot (It'll take you directly there!)

In any case, thanks again for all your contributions & I'm very much looking forward to further discussions!

edit on 17-2-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.
Need a good imagination to see those ships but i had the same idea.
The only problem being scale.
Seeing those rock formations it just doesn't add up. I think a big ship could cover the hole area all your ship-sightings are in. Never the less, thanks for all the hard work, and i look forward to your next thread on here.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimens
Thanks for sharing this.
Need a good imagination to see those ships but i had the same idea.
The only problem being scale.
Seeing those rock formations it just doesn't add up. I think a big ship could cover the hole area all your ship-sightings are in. Never the less, thanks for all the hard work, and i look forward to your next thread on here.

Thanks, Dimens. Scale might indeed be a problem here and there were other people wondering about that in previous posts, too. I can't really tell just how far Curiosity was away from that ridge or slope where the terrain seems to go down into that 'valley'.

But I also think that they must be rather 'small' ... I tried to find them on recent HIRISE images of that terrain but the resolution is not sufficient to identify them there.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Rocks. Also if they were ships why are they so tiny? Curiosity is not very big, and it leaves tracks behind it that you can see in this picture when clicking on the link. Those ships are as wide as the wheel tracks.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe Mars is a giant spaceship and not a planet.

There comes a time when imagination borders on nonsensical and it gets into beyond the twilight zone into delusional. You're there. I remember being there once when I was a kid, when I convinced myself I won a lottery ticket. There was no winning; I was kid-hallucinating.

I don't see any spaceships there. I see rocks that came from ancient lava flows.

The only ship that could be there is the ship with the camera on it taking the pictures.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The inhabitants of fraggle rock evidently have design issues with their space ships. Cant even take off properly.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
There comes a time when imagination borders on nonsensical and it gets into beyond the twilight zone into delusional.

Hey, Sandalphon! I really appreciate your reference to the twilight-zone ...

Trust me, I'm aware of the fact that I'm coming forward with a claim, that appears to be, let's say "hilarious" or even ridiculous. And if I'm a 'lunatic', then I'll probably regret one day having posted all this (including all the work I've put into this). But if NOT, then Curiosity has already discovered 'something' on Sol 64, that we just didn't really appreciate up to this point.

And I think it would be a pretty good "return on investment" for a $2.5bn science laboratory on the red planet, wouldn't it ... ? And don't get me wrong: I'm just trying to open our minds to allow for an alternative view of this mostly 'monotone', martian landscape. Just to make sure we're not overseeing anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by jeep3r

NO, not the antenna.

If you go here: hi res panorama pic

Go to the far right. There are two similar size rocks on the horizontal plane a quarter way from the bottom of the pic. Just above the left hand rock is a triangle that looks a little unnatural. Just a rock, but geometrical in shape.

I also found an old car exhaust pipe...lol

I noticed those rocks, but to the left of those triangle rocks--I only noticed this on the hi-res, there is what looks like a coin or metal disc...

look on the hi-res pic linked in the OP

edit on 17-2-2013 by cartenz because: pics or didnt happen

edit on 17-2-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

look on the hi-res pic linked in the OP

Also an interesting find!

Perhaps that's something the MSL descent stage lost during the EDL phase? A cover that dropped off? Or something more 'natural' with a shiny surface?

edit on 17-2-2013 by jeep3r because: modified last part

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ok so this is on page one did not bother reading any further , to me they the pic's look like the west desert of Utah, and no there is no ships in the desert , but then you never know could be from Noah's flood but if the pics are from mars, yes i am saying are they really from mars, do they show ships? no just rocks.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

you just put a pic up of proof of life on mars look real close at the rear of the box truck see the 2 finger hand now look at the front see forehead eyes nose? can you see it , er never mind be watching to many claymations lately.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Hey jeep3r keep trying I did in the Navy and I'm still alive! ( the things i went through are epic) Though I am now a certifiable reck, I say go for it!!

snap out of the negative and put forth you're stuff!

Hey, thanks for the moral support, RUFFREADY! It's difficult enough with all those critics and naysayers out there. Also, thanks for the details concerning your service in the NAVY(!!), I can imagine you've had some real challenges during that time!

On the other hand, that professional background of yours could make you a key 'critic' of this thread which obviously is full of naval stuff!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This thread's kinda sad. Usually the rocks at least look somewhat interesting. Those look like straight up rocks.

Although Mars rocks are always cool to look at.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No photos I've seen have displayed anything other than a persons ability to arrive at the very conclusion they reach for.

If they happen upon the Yamato however, that'll be newsworthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join