It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where i want to visit in japan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
where i want to visit in japan.

One: Shinjuku, Tokyo.
I want to see all the wonderfull skyscraper and shinjuku square.
I want to see the casio watch bilboard sign... Since it is my last name and all.
I don't know if its slill in shinjuku square but i have seen photos of it.
I would love to get some photos of me in shinjuku square.
I think shinjuku square in tokyo japan is 100% better then time square in new york city.

Two: Tokyo, Ginza neighborhood.
I want to see all the shoping and what not.

Three: Shibuya.
It's where all the cool, funky, and trendy shops are.
I like seeing whats trendy in the culture.

Four: Harajuku.

from what i been tould thats where all the cool people dress all manga like and stuff.
Like the whole "Cosplay" hang out...
I find that very cool.

FIVE: Osaka.

Thats where all the old cool stuff is.
traditional architecture is what i am talking about.
I would love to see Osaka Castle.
I would get a photo of me there.

Six: Kyoto.
Thats where all the cool temples, castles, shrines are.
I find that very cool.

seven: Kobe.
I want to see the Kobe City Oji Zoo, Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium, Meriken Park, Kobe Harborland, Kobe City Museum.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JoyfullMustard

Just barely related, but I saw Kyoto and immediately thought of this song, one of my favorite songs by The Cure.

Anyways, hope you get to see all those places. Traveling is a modern gift, something I hope so take advantage of someday.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Japan is awesome and those are some great places. i live up north in misawa (military) so many beautiful places in this country and the people are awesome. Very friendly and helpful, little to no crime and the food is great

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the list, sounds like most of all the places I want to visit now too!

I'd probably want to stay. Speaking of which, wonder where I'd stay while there.... A mini suite in a hotel on roller skates? Heh

Lets go!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Here's a couple of photo's I took in Japan. This place is well worth a visit, Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima. (That's my wife).

When you arrive here by ferry, youre greeted by deer that have pretty much free roam on the island. My wife and I ended up spending a few extra days here because of its beauty.

The Golden Temple, Kyoto. Again, stunning!!!

If youre gonna go, get a Japanese Rail Pass, we paid £150 each for the pass, and it allows you unlimited rail travel on main lines. Ok not unlimited, if I remember correctly it wasn't valid on sleeper bullet train, or on small regional railways, but that was about it.

Japanese pawn shops are amazing. You can buy top brand items at cut down prices. As its a gift giving culture people take a lot of what they are given to pawn shops to get cash back in exchange. We bought 2 Avirex bomber jackets in Fukuoka City for £200 that had never been used (in the UK they were selling at £400 to £500 pounds each).

Go!!!! it will amaze you. We're going to in 2014

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
wow japan is sooo cool

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I lived all over Shinjuku . Nishi Shinjuku ,higashi Shinjuku .
There are many more interesting things to see there,than what you listed .
I've been to every place you listed .

Ginza ,is very expensive . It's like 5th avenue in nyc . It is the center for kabuki theater in Tokyo tho .
You can see kabuki ,or get made up to look like a kabuki player ,make up and clothes,and they do a photo shoot .

Harajuku is not for manga . It's more where the cosplayers go on Sundays and where j rock stuff is sold.
There's tons of other things in harajuku ,but its not known for manga .
The cosplayers in harajuku,cosplay Japanese rockstars ,not manga characters .

For manga,you want to go to shimokitozawa .There used to be bunches of manga shops there .
Or ,go to Shibuya and go to a place called Mandarake .
Any anime or manag ever made ,will be there.
Toys,models ,books,manga,anime,doujinshi . Tons of stuff. There's also a Mandarake in Osaka .
It's in nishi umeda I believe .
I've been to Osaka castle many times . I find the grounds below the castle very serene .
The aquarium in Osaka ,is much cooler than the ones in Kobe btw.
I think the Osaka aqu,is the biggest one in Japan . It has a very cool set up .

I don't spend a lot of time in Kyoto . I do day trips from Osaka when I go.
I've been to Golden Pavillion a few times.
The thing to do in Kyoto ,is eat noodles at one of those places that has been there for hundreds of years.
Also,all the kimono makers are in Kyoto . I went to the
kimono museum once too .

I love Japan . I'm very homesick .
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Unless you stay at a really expensive western style hotel ,most hotel rooms are barely the size of a small bedroom .
The lost in translation rooms are not reality ,unless you have 300$ a night to spend .

You want to stay in a business hotel that has no curfew. In Tokyo,they run about 60-70$ a night,depending upon where you stay .

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Shimonoseki is a nice fishing town with a lot of cool buddhist temples and a good aquarium. I liked it more than Tokyo mostly because it's a lot less westernized. Hardly anybody speaks english, but they're polite and helpful, just like the rest of Japan.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Most everywhere outside Tokyo and Osaka re like that .
I've spent time in Mie ,which is actually a large area between Nagoya and Osaka . Huge amounts of history there.
Everything closes at like 7pm,and few lights . It's pitch black outside save stars .
It goes from farm land to mountains to seaside .
Ninja clans began there ,and they have a type of meat that rivals Kobe beef. Matsusaka beef .
Also ,bonsai trees were first made there.
There's awesome stuff on the west coast I've never seen too . It's just awesome there.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JoyfullMustard

I've been to all those you listed except Harajuku.
May I suggest Kamakura? Walk the old streets ... see the old temples and the Great Buddha.
Also - take the bullet down from Tokyo to Kyoto and Hiroshima.
The old 'castles' in Kyoto ... and Peace Park in Hiroshima. Both 'biggies'.
There was a nice park one mountain over from Mt. Fuji. It was 'thermal' and nice.
I can't remember the name of it.
Make sure you see Mt. Fuji. I've never seen a bigger 'thing' in my life. It's freak'n huge!

For food ... I loved Gyoza ... and Fugu.
Fugu is specially prepared blow fish. Poisonous ... but cooks with special training make it.
In Hiroshima you can get it easily.

You'll find this funny but Kentucky Fried Chicken in Japan has a corn soup that'll knock your socks off! Awesome! Make sure to try it.

Dried squid for a snack. It comes in strips like beef jerky here. I liked that too.
It had a smokey flavor.

Enjoy your trip to Japan. Let us know how it goes.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

NAGOYA! Oh ... I remember that. I went to a Shinto Fertility Festival there.
I've got some pictures that I took during the festival, but can't post them here.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I actually don't like Nagoya proper . It's always grey and depressing. Kyoto is too a bit,bit has much more history .
You mean the penis festival ? Always a fun event .
I've spent a lot of time in Hiroshima too . Their okonomiyaki is what they're famous for,and some special ramens . Hiroshima okonomiyak i is not the same as Honshu okonomiyaki ,and Osaka is known for its takoyaki ,but I like Tokyo style better .

I love gyoza too. I'm just mastering making them at home .

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Depending on how much time you have and if you have a JR Pass or not, I highly recommend you visit the big cities in Kyushu. Namely: Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Miyazaki, Aso and Oita. These places are less known to the general public, making it the perfect chance to get to know the other side of Japan.
I planned my holiday there last year in April and I really liked it.
So if you need some info, don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Maxwell

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
ENJOY! Hopefully you get to do some KARAOKE and hang out at some IZAKAYAS! Japan's an awesome country with a vibrant nightlife. I'm sure you've heard of Roppongi and the all of that part life... I'd say if you're a big partyer, go for it, if not, stay FAR away.. I enjoy the more natural side of Japanese culture ---> Izakayas! Hanging out with friends pounding back a few cold ones and eating the most delicious food in THE WORLD. I don't think I've ran into food that sucks here (I'm just not into raw eggs on my food or octopus/squid).

Hit up Kamakura since you're going to be in the Tokyo area. Cool temples and shrines! Also the Imperial Palace!

Good luck and have fun!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just got back from Japan last week, and I agree with all your choices. I didn't visit Kobe though, maybe in the future...

new topics

top topics

join