It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Asteroid To Skim Past Earth At 18,641mph (TODAY!)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This asteroid will swing by us a few more times, but in 2080, it will be dangerously close. The teens here might still be around to see the calamity.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Isn't it pathetic that nations spend trillions of dollars on nuclear icbms, stealth aircraft, aircraft carriers, drones and other robotic systems, etc. but nothing at all for space defense be it ufo attacks or asteroids??

What kind of #hole planet was I born on that people fight about religious and political superiority while neglecting the cosmos. If we don't wipe oursevles out sometime in the near future then I suspect a threat from space will do it for us.

I absolutely detest nasa and the democrat&republican status quo along with the luciferian media. # them all!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Isn't it pathetic that nations spend trillions of dollars on nuclear icbms, stealth aircraft, aircraft carriers, drones and other robotic systems, etc. but nothing at all for space defense be it ufo attacks or asteroids??

Are you afraid of UFO attacks? It would be good if more were spent on detecting asteroids but you do get to a point of diminishing returns (and contrary to your statement money is being spent).

It also has something to do with a "clear and present danger" as opposed to something that will, at some time in the future be something that will happen but we have no idea when.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

A threat from another country is a bigger threat than a space object.

Oftentimes the space agencies and the military collaborate, and trade information and technology.

Besides, hate is such a strong word.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
As far as you know we are all going to die, but you certainly don't know that.
I like to think my consciousness will be downloaded someday
into a new body model. But don't let me ruin you looking forward to dying some day.

Whatever floats your boat bud. If a truck smears you on the road how will they dl you anywhere?? If you had this meteor land on your head and reduce you to nothing how would you be downloaded??

chances are that tech you speak of will not exist by the time you die of old age. even if it is what is the chance that you will be a candidate for it or could afford it.

dream on, realistically you will die just like everyone has since I don't know since the beginning of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Are you afraid of UFO attacks?

I was once attacked by a UFO, turned out to be a butterfly. Evil little bugger. I demand taxpayer dollars be spent dealing with this threat! Its been obscured by the luciferian media for too long!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Not really. It is simply more probable in a given period of time.

Humans may be dangeous but they have emotions and are more likely to pull back from destroying the world, nature has no such qualms.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Funny how the threat of Russians beating US to the moon got both countries dedicated to space research.
The reason why we still can't venture into space is because we are still divided on this planet, pretty embarrassing if we can't even stop our own kind from starving and killing each other and we go colonize other planets like a plague.

When all the countries can forget about "dangers" from each other, we can allocate resources efficiently to help what each country needs.

Sounds like a fairytale but I hope my grandkids can see something like this.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peashooter
reply to post by nixie_nox

Funny how the threat of Russians beating US to the moon got both countries dedicated to space research.
The reason why we still can't venture into space is because we are still divided on this planet, pretty embarrassing if we can't even stop our own kind from starving and killing each other and we go colonize other planets like a plague.

When all the countries can forget about "dangers" from each other, we can allocate resources efficiently to help what each country needs.

Sounds like a fairytale but I hope my grandkids can see something like this.

They won't. That isn't human nature - either on a societal or individual level. Its a pipe dream.

You're better off just doing the best you can for yourself and those you can affect positively and let the world take care of itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Star for your wonderful thought. I would love to see this one day and even try to convince myself that we are capable of it.

Then I log into ATS and realize this tiny little "community" can't even get through the 1st page of a thread without individuals bickering about the stupidest of issues and am immediately reminded it's just a pipe dream.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Question if anyone knows.

Never really studied space.

How do we know what this is made of? How do we know its weight? How do we know its density? Material and density of course effecting weight. So we are saying we know its density, weight, and what its made of?

Eta: Figure it would be better to ask a knowledgeable member then use google. I'm here to share and learn. I'll use google when I make a thread. So no need for the smart-Alec answers I see how some people are responding already to other member posts.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Scholarly because: (no reason given)

Eta: I'd flag you if I could OP. Peashooter you are before your time
whatever I say is right and you are completely wrong because my beliefs and views are right.(jokeing of course) Until we get over the petty scraps we will be stuck in our current state.

Sorry for the edits I'm not adding post after post.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Double.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

What kind of #hole planet was I born on that people fight about religious and political superiority while neglecting the cosmos. If we don't wipe oursevles out sometime in the near future then I suspect a threat from space will do it for us.

I absolutely detest nasa and the democrat&republican status quo along with the luciferian media. # them all!

YES MY FRIEND! I have been saying the same thing.

How about this? Imagine all the people. Everyone that is fighting one another. The wars, The ignorance, The coldheartedness, The prejudice.

And yet they disregard the cosmos. They instill fear into the hearts of humans that there are no others. That we are the only race. Which in turn makes it so that we disregard the cosmos.

How about if another race/aliens came down and started to kill us. Or do harm upon our race.

How stupid, would all the people fighting feel. All the people killing their own kind over something as dumb as the color of someones skin. Their birth place or how their culture and language is.

All those who could of helped fight, defend our planet. Dead because of ignorance.

Lucky us, That were born on this type of planet. =\

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This asteroid will swing by us a few more times, but in 2080, it will be dangerously close. The teens here might still be around to see the calamity.

yey I am totally waiting for it, though I think there are a few other ones before then. But still should be a sight to see.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Have you been living under a rock in the last week?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Oftentimes the space agencies and the military collaborate, and trade information and technology.

Besides, hate is such a strong word.

I guess when america and the cia attack every nation on the planet that is not capitalist enough for them, then yes other nations are a bigger threat to her than space objects. President eisenhower put it all in perspective about the military-industrial complex during his farewell speech, but everyone forgot or was not even listening.

Chances are someone or more will eventually want revenge!
edit on 15/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Are you afraid of UFO attacks? It would be good if more were spent on detecting asteroids but you do get to a point of diminishing returns (and contrary to your statement money is being spent).

It also has something to do with a "clear and present danger" as opposed to something that will, at some time in the future be something that will happen but we have no idea when.

Detecting them is the first step. The second step is either destroying them or altering their course. I have heard virtually nothing about stoping asteroids other than some silly launching nukes from russia or america to destroy them....thus polluting everything with radiation on top of their failures. Maybe something does exist but with so much secrecy only god knows. I don't feel like I am getting much return for my tax dollar or even represented at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
First of all, I never have the slightest worry for the survival of this planet earth. For human beings to think they are in a position to destroy or save this planet is utterly absurd and arrogant. Maybe more important, I know we are far from alone and those who created, nurtured and developed this planet are not going to let anything happen to it and while we have certainly killed off many species, I suspect the DNA of every creature that have evolved, that are native and not so native to this planet have been collected and stored. This is just the short version of what I am sure of bit more important with regards to this and other Asteroids and Meteors, I have no concern that any that would wipe this planet out will be allowed to do so.

As for humanity. I believe that every soul/spirit that has incarnated on this planet, is here right now, walking and breathing on this planet and that some form of reset is in process. It has nothing to do with man made calendars or schedules, it has to do with the time frames of those who watch over this planet.

I like to think that those who are good inside are allowed to continue to incarnate and those who are evil are not, that they will be held back, while the rest of humanity goes forward, incarnating again and again learning and growing inside...yes, I am talking about our Souls/Spirit. Thankfully, no one lives forever and the bad people are mortal as well.
edit on 16-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So the asteroid came and went away. Seeing what the one in Russia that may be around 5 meters or less of what had hit the Earth, this 45 m asteroid can cause destruction of a city. A 500km asteroid can cause major extinction like that of dinosaurs all over the planet. Even 1km asteroid if hitting the ground may cause an Earthquake, devastation to the area, tsunami if in the water.

In 2028-2029 something is expected but a lot more can happen before that, not even detected

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I guess it missed as predicted.

Feb 16th in Vancouver Canada and all is well! (ringing safe from meteor impact bell ding ding ding ding).

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join