It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious alien stone symbol in NTT, Indonesia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In a nutshell....

A) lump of rock smacks Pioneer 10 in the chops leaving an impression of the plaque. Rock travels back in time and lands in Indonesia. Someone finds it.

B) Pioneer 10 travels back in time and lands in Indonesia. Somone rubs charcoal onto the plaque, presses it against a rock, then carves a mirror image of the plaque into the rock. Someone finds it.

C) Aliens find Pioneer 10 after 20,000 years travel, so they carve the image into a rock and send it back through time as a reply. They're a bit off and in lands in Indonesia yonks ago. Someone finds it.

D) Someone in Indonesia looks up the pioneer plaque on the Internet, downloads the picture, flips it and carves that into a rock and screams "Alien Artifact!!! See it for only 150,440.74 rupiah" (£10 sterling).

I think I'll go with D

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
And to really blow your mind....what if that IS the original plaque from Pioneer10? The material under the metal "cage" appears to be a gold color and the original plaque was gold anodized aluminum and judging by the size of the person's hand next to the rock it would probably fit the size of the original plaque.

Not that I really think this is what we are looking at, but I love to occasionally let my mind go wild.

I just had a John Titor moment...what you posted did in fact blow my mind...a little....

The what ifs are swirling....

Des

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello thread,

It's not a rock, it's a bezoar...

A bezoar (/ˈbiːzɔər/) is a mass found trapped in the gastrointestinal system (usually the stomach), though it can occur in other locations. A pseudobezoar is an indigestible object introduced intentionally into the digestive system.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bezoar do not only form in the GI tract, they can form in many areas within the bodies animals. In the near east and south east Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines) the objects are considered to have mystical powers and are a longstanding feature of the animist religions of the archipelago.

This one just has some weird markings, and you need to keep in mind that there is a 'bezoar industry' that has sprung up around this and there are people that introduce foreign objects in to animals in order to create what are called pseudo-bezoar, which are harvested and sold as talismanic objects to the faithful.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

And to really blow your mind....what if that IS the original plaque from Pioneer10? The material under the metal "cage" appears to be a gold color and the original plaque was gold anodized aluminum and judging by the size of the person's hand next to the rock it would probably fit the size of the original plaque.

Not that I really think this is what we are looking at, but I love to occasionally let my mind go wild.

That`s very eerie
The pioneer 10 crashes into a meteor in space sometime in the future and the plaque is stuck to the meteor. The meteor hits the earth depositing the mangled plaque in the debris stone of the meteor strike area. many many years later someone finds the stone with the remains of the plaque embedded in it.many years after that people on the interwebz see a picture of the stone and wonder what it could be. It`s like some kind of time warp
(cue twilight zone music)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
It looks like someone crudely scratched a sketch into a septarian concretion.
rocksandants.tumblr.com...
www.crystalsrocksandgems.com...
Very cool. Thanks for the link. I would say that is a winner. The stones look almost identical to what the OP has in it.

Agreed. Perhaps with some judicious polishing and hammering on top of it. Not to say that somebody didn't scratch something into it. Looks like they did. But when and what it's supposed to represent can only be speculated upon.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is not easy to find especially ghastly looking bezoar such as the one shown in the OP. That's probably for a couple of reasons. The first is that the bezoar that are found for sale are chosen for their aesthetic qualities.

The other reason could be that these things are objects of shamanic power from a culture where that sort of thing is still alive and well and important to people on a daily basis, so I doubt that specimens like the one in the OP have their pictures circulated on the web like this very often.

In order to help make it more clear that the origins of that 'rock' are likely from the innards of some local fauna, I thought I would add this picture of an equine enterolith; it came from a horse, in other words.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Jeez, "on the Mount of Satan"..That sure sounds promising

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

The thing about copy pasting a human symbolic diagram and saying something similar must be from aliens is it's own contradictions....

...Aliens are not us. There is no reason why their would draw the same as us....let alone look like us.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Very cool. Thanks for the link. I would say that is a winner. The stones look almost identical to what the OP has in it.

You can buy them [septarian concretions] online.

Here's one carved into a skull.

edit on 13-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

coolll!!! Thats Solve the mystery ..ahaha

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Mysterious stone, not Mysterious alien stone.. why assume alien just because of a few symbols?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That thought hit me too! I couldn't help but theorize that perhaps that is the gold plaque from Pioneer10 from a different reality in which it never even got past the atmosphere before plummeting back to Earth?
Or perhaps some alien species on a distant planet saw the spacejunk coming towards them and felt utterly insulted and threw the plaque back and kept the satelite? Hehe..

Very strange this is. My guess is that we are caught in a time loop and every cycle plays out somewhat differently from the previous one and in one of the past cycles the images on the plaque was reversed maybe.

OR, perhaps the Earth is governed by an ancient race of interdimensional reptilian beings who control the population completely by having everyone slaving for their very existence while thinking there is nothing beyond our atmosphere that matters anyway, so they build Pioneer10 and strap that plaque on for shows sake and send millions of tax payers hard earned money into space, in orbit around the moon which is their hollow base of operatrions actually and they simply send it back here and it crashed right there.
Pulled a really bad joke on Humanity and got us all thinking that we one day might come in contact with peaceful alien societies in perhaps a million years or so so that nobody even cared about the thing anyway.

Just one of many theories!

Mind blown though.
edit on 14-2-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2013 by ABeing because: Typos

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Wait a minute... that's the plaque attached to Pioneer 10.

setv.org

The Pioneer 10 spacecraft, destined to be the first man-made object to escape our solar system, carries this plaque. It is designed to show scientifically educated inhabitants of some other star system-who might intercept it millions of years from now-when Pioneer was launched, from where, and by what kind of beings. The design is engraved into a gold-anodized aluminum plate, 152 by 229 millimeters (6 by 9 inches), attached to the spacecraft's antenna support struts in a position to help shield it from erosion by interstellar dust.

edit on 2/12/2013 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

If the species that finds that plague are hermaphrodites, they are going to wonder why the small bloke had his willy chopped off and has moobs.

Is there any reliable way to date the carved stone?

If it was found just laying in a cave, and not buried among datable strata, there's no real way to tell if it was carved recently and put in the cave or if it had been there for a long time is there?

edit on 14-2-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is just me but to be totally honest, there is nothing in that stone that remotely resembles the Pioneer 10 plaque. If you stretch your imagination a bit, yeah...maybe. But point for point and line per line...there's nothing.

It's like when you see faces and animal shapes in the clouds. The power of suggestion. That sort of phenomenon work at here.

Just my opinion. Peace!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm thinking it Pyrite and Lapis which occur naturally together.... possibly a fossil of some kind or a septarian psuedomorph. Septarian nodules have been found with Pyrite coating the internal walls of the nodule.

Neat stone whatever it is....

edit on 14-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

"UFO Artifacts" that just ruined it right there. "UFO" stands for "Unidentified Flying Object" which means you don't know what's flying in the air. This whole story needs some more evidence than just pictures.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Dude, I always think that! If you believe that all of time and reality exists in a single moment, that time is an illusion, then why couldn't we be discovering or future. You know, remote viewers have stated that there is a working compound on mars, with life-forms, and I've always imagined that all that was actually us, but the future us! I'll save the depth and intricacies of my theory for another time. Here's the mars base through:

The same area, but blurred out by Google:

Here's the video if interested:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi, hope this translation make some sense although I am not a professional translator. I am from Malaysia and know Malay which is part of the language of the South-East Asia. Indonesian language share similarity with Malay and hence my attempt to translate it. My apology for having difficulty expressing in the language familiar with UFO enthusiats since I don't follow UFO story "religiously".

Note: each paragraph correspond to the relevant paragraph from the original article.

Regards.
MAB2571

-------------

[A resident of Kupang NTT, Willi Soeharly had several photographs of an artifact which was suspected to originated from UFO. The stone in the photographs was from the house of the late C. A. Castillo, a Spanish geologist who lived in Kupang and died in 1994.

Castillo found the stone while doing a survey at Bukit Setan (Devil Hill), Oesu'u - Kabupaten Kupang. He saw the unusual stone object at a cave-like area, and tried to split the stone but it was very hard.

The shape of the mysterious stone were made up of two stones that looked like they were tied together, and there were image of star, sun and human figures as shown above. There was also an arrow pointing to one of the star.

According to Willy, who is now field investigating team coordinator for BETA-UFO for Kupang Province and its surrounding region, the stone contained magnet and suspected to have radioactive material. In one of the email that Willy send to the Indonesian UFO Observer community (BETA-UFO), he said that the late Castillo had died of old age and sickness.

The stone was found at Bukit Nitnai (now known as Bukit Setan - Ed.), (Nitnai Hill, now known as Devil Hill - Ed.) in 1992 and there was a piece of land with three black spot in the shape of triangle, in which each point was about 3-4 meter apart, that according to Castillo was the landing site of UFO.

The location was later re-surveyed but due to erosion, all the three spots as mentioned by the late Castillo were not not found anymore. The only reminder of the spots were burnt mark on the soil that had become rock-like.

According to local residents, in the 80s until 90s, there were a lot of bright lamps that were about 1 meter long hanging from the trees around Bukit Nitnai, that had now changed name to Bukit Setan. All the while, the area was without electricity, which had caused the local to community to attribute to the devil and hence the name Bukit Setan (Devil Hill).

The coordinate of the location is -10.153375 S, 123.80015833 E.

The stone is still in the possession and kept in the late Castillo family house. When Willy attempted to photograph the stone, Castillo's wife reminded him to becareful so that his camera would not be damaged, because prior attempts to photograph the mysterious stone had damaged the cameras. Nevertheless, Willy eventually managed to photograph the stone with his mobile phone, a Nokia N73.

According to the late Castillo, the local residents used to see mysterious objects that looked like neon lamp coming down from Bukit Setan. Additionally, Bukit Setan also had a large deposit of uranium. Willy also managed to enquired from the Department of Mines that Bukit Setan does contain uranium but it is still regarded as new.

Willy also informed that in 1993, there was a UFO sighting at Perumnas Oebobo, Kupang. In fact, the event occured quite frequently and was witnessed by the local residents, but after 1993 the strange phenomenon had stopped and never occured again.

Later at Wilayah Ngilmina (Ngilmina Province), at the border of Kabupaten Kupang and Kabupaten Timor (Kupang Regency and South East Central Regency), around 1983, there was a case of a sand miner being shine a beam of mysterious light. During that time, there were three persons who were mining sand when one of them were shone a beam of light. After the incident, that person was fearful of switching on electronic equipments.

The stone was small, about the size of two clenced fist. The stone is now kept by Castillo's son, Alfred.

Most interestingly, all the while the mysterious stone was kept at the house of Castillo, a UFO in the shape of a saucer with a diamter of 5-7 meter and blue light underneath it, was seen before.

The object flew very low, about the height of an electrical pole, swinging back and forth shakily. And all of a sudden moved with high speed without sound and disappeared from view.]

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

In the first photo, the golden ratio is is the most visible marking. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I think its a mustika pearl/stone, common in Indonesia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join