It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I'm going with proof that in his youth he was not only a Nazi

Virtually all youth were forced to be in the Hitler youth back then. That hardly qualifies them as being a Nazi.

Why does there even have to be a scandal? Why can't his reason for stepping down be legitimate? I mean, he is 86 years old after all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Will we will also see the next pope become petrus romanus?

en.wikipedia.org...

111 Glory of the olive. Benedict XVI (2005–2013) Joseph Ratzinger Chose the regnal name Benedict after St Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order. The order's crest contains an olive branch.

112 Peter the Roman, who will Nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

Interesting times indeed

And he gave his announcement today, on 11/2 .....Lol!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Good to hear.

For a moment there it looked like the start of tribulation...

Not before the end of March,

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bintang

Sorry for the Type-O I'll go back and fix it - fumblefingers me.

Besides that - people are getting freaky here - a lot of speculation on the 'why'. A friend of mine believes he's just not up to it with the pedo problems, gay marriage etc.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Ok - off to fix that mistake!

peace

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I just spoke with a dear friend who happens to be a Roman Catholic Priest in a major US City. I asked him about the potential for a huge scandal serving as the catalyst for the resignation. He said that it is absolutely a possibility but was doubtful the public would ever hear about it.

We then reviewed the long form statement line by line. One thing that he found strange was the following

I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome

The use of renounce instead of resign or similar was something my Priest friend found to be strange.

From the statement and surrounding events, he would not rule out the following as possible reasons for the Pope resigning:
(1) Something resulting from the sensitive materials that the Papal butler stole (note the Pope pardoned the Papal butler)
(2) A major scandal from the past directly implicating the Pope
(3) Alzheimer's disease (based on the portions of the statement related directly to health)

Thought all of you might be interested in this.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hahaha... yeah, I imagine them chuckling in their "evil" laugh, plotting the "holy war" if its not been done already.

Word is he twice visited the grave of Celestine V - the Pope who resigned in 1294.

Makes me wonder if the resignation has been planned and for how long.

link   
reply to post by bintang

See, that's a fine example that sometimes numbers can be symbolically powerful.

link   
Anybody remember a thread about the prophecy of the seven kings? It was said the bible predicted that Pope Benedict's reign would be very short and that the next would be the last pope (or something like that). This made me curious.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Regarding the prophecy and the present pope:

Gloria oliuæ.
111 Glory of the olive. Benedict XVI (2005–2013) Joseph Ratzinger Chose the regnal name Benedict after St Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order.
The order's crest contains an olive branch.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

When no Pope has resigned since 1415 and the only reason for the resignation in 1415 was due to a schism in the Church; a Papal resignation is a VERY significant event.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

And he gave his announcement today, on 11/2 .....Lol!!
reply to post by bintang

Ahahahaha! Good catch!!!

We know they like numerology!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
well just saying... this is a double thread of this one www.abovetopsecret.com...
with the OP being repeated three times... on sequence to keep it up.. just saying ..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
After all the scandals in German politics about plagiarism in the doctoral dissertation I just said for fun "maybe he is afraid that it will turn out that is doctoral dissertation is a plagiarism too"... and now I see he really has a doctoral degree.

No I think he is just pretty old, maybe he got a diagonisis of something like alzheimer, because he mentioned that you have to be mentally fit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Well, I used the search here and looked very hard to find a similar post. They appear to be only minutes apart. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Btw. to the prophecy of the popes... it is not clear wether this quote

In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit
belongs to the 111 pope or the 112... I would say to the 111 (now) if you consider the scandals lately

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Symbolism...

P ope's dove of peace almost ends in pieces: Seagull attacks bird seconds after Pontiff releases it from Vatican balcony

Or a warning?

Make way for the last pope, or else?

edit on 11-2-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Your story and message was great. Again, I'm sorry if I called you a troll. Twice.
I believe you. Weird enough stuff has happened to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
pope prophecy

1. Prophecy said 111 pope is benedict and that he will resign; 112 pope will be the last one
2. Benedict announces this on 11.2.2013 (11.2)
3. Prophecy says last pope is Pether the Roman; and i have just read news that most likely candidate for pope is from Gana (it wud be first time black pope) - and gues whats his name : "Peter" Kodwo Appiah Turkson

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think he didn't want to be wheeled out drooling all over himself. Then someone moving his arms and his chin and making him look like he is giving a speech like the last pope. I dont know what is entailed in being a pope but cant he just mail it in until he pops his clogs.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Here is a news clip about that:

Pope Benedict XVI has said he will also renounce the office of Bishop of Rome on 28 February, but added he will keep serving the church "through a life dedicated to prayer".

Source

Important to note the definition for anyone that may not know...

Renounce: to refuse to follow, obey, or recognize any further.

edit on 2/11/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join