It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict To Resign At The End Of Februrary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Oh, you mean the CCTV of him balls deep in the Lead Chorister, whilst in full Nazi Youth garb?

Nah, i just think he is old and knackered. They should learn from this and elect a sprightly 60 year old next time!

You're missing the point..... what he has or has not done is of no consequence. What we need to find out is who or what has him by the balls? and who do they have in line to replace him?

My bet is the person coming into the role of POPE won't be a special person in himself per se, more that he will be someone whom the powers that be can control wholly (no pun intended) and completely.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I know it's a long shot, but could the reason possibly be that he's 85 and he's knackered?

I'm less than half his age and i'd find his responsibilities pretty exhausting.

Maybe there is indeed something else afoot, but unless a decent clue comes to light, the doomsayers piping in with the End is Nigh crap are sounding very desperate.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
Some people dismiss numerological links as nonsense and simple pattern recognition.

Indeed, people dismiss numerology because it is nonsense and just pattern recognition. 2+2 = anything you want.

The Pope is very old and if anyone has seen him recently (on the telly) you will have seen he’s pretty frail. It takes a brave man to go against accepted convention “to die in office” and resign.

One wonders who will be the next Pope. There has not been a Pope from Africa for a few centuries, but I think the new Pope will come from South or North America or possibly even from Asia. That will be a pleasant change; after all half the Cardinals come from outside Europe.

Regards

link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity....What we need to find out is who or what has him by the balls?

Old age has him by the balls, i imagine!

link   
It may just be his age but considering the Vatican's shadowy behaviour it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were some kind of threats going on backstage.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

so you're saying no german from that era has the right to do anything? He was forced back then, just like everybody else. Comply or die, 2 choices.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Don't think i was missing the point, it was a light hearted comment about an 85 year old leaving his job. He looked decrepit when he took the job on - is it any surprise that several down the years he is feeling the strain?

To be honest though, i do not care either way. Catholicism means absolutely nothing to me so they could promote Barney the Dinosaur to Pope for all i care.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by Korg Trinity....What we need to find out is who or what has him by the balls?

Old age has him by the balls, i imagine!

Given that he would be the first pope to resign due to old age in 600 years, wouldn't that make him a coward?

Perhaps he has lost his marbles and not be able to conduct any business. then he would retire to the vatican and be ill as long as it takes for him to pass....

Not resign and raise more questions over faith.

If his actions truly are motivated by age then he is a selfish thoughtless individual.

If however he was given no choice then he is just as cowardly for not comming out and saying so to the public directly as is possible.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What an awkward day. I had a dream last night and all I can remember from it is " today is an important day". So I do my morning ritual and then I turn on the computer to find 11:11 on the clock (it's actually much earlier, comp crashed and reset the time) and then I read this pope resigning news and then I see the OP's avatar name "theAnswer1111" . I'm not religious at all but I must admit this malachi prophecy, the resignation of the pope in the year of the brightest comet....just before easter.....two months after the fabled mayan date

I dunno, I hope this day is not the start of somethig as important as my gut suggests it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So the "last pope" will coincide with the "global coastal event". Uh-oh.

Sal

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Don't think i was missing the point, it was a light hearted comment about an 85 year old leaving his job. He looked decrepit when he took the job on - is it any surprise that several down the years he is feeling the strain?

To be honest though, i do not care either way. Catholicism means absolutely nothing to me so they could promote Barney the Dinosaur to Pope for all i care.

Again you miss the point. Catholicism may mean nothing to you but it means a whole lot to more than 1.2 billion at current estimates. Now given that those 1.2 billion people follow the words of just one man and you might see how powerfull a position the POPE is in.

Now take that position and put someone in it that is say influenced by the Powers that BE.... And you have just bought yourself 1 seventh of the entire planets souls and actions.

A hell of a lot more power than say the president of the US of A.....

Get me??

Korg.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

So in the scheme of things his influence is about 25%

Not overly impressive really.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Numerology still has merit. That's my humble opinion, though.

The 11:11 digital time code specifically. I use to brush it off as pattern recognition... but I can't anymore after what I experienced.

Yesterday, I had an intuitive hunch that something very significant was going to occur today, 2/11/2013. That was just me, though.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Are you serious? If so, that's very interesting and is definitely a sign. If not, please don't troll about that subject because I am passionate about it. Either way, thanks for your reply.

P.S. I hope you're being serious.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I hope the new pope will make good changes to there religious system. I think they should let priest get married and accept womens as priest as well and condemn those pedophiles instead of trying to do a cover-up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111

Are you serious? If so, that's very interesting and is definitely a sign. If not, please don't troll about that subject because I am passionate about it. Either way, thanks for your reply.

P.S. I hope you're being serious.

Why would I troll about it? Actually, that's just part of the story, the other part might sound too weird. I'll PM you.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Cool, please do! Sorry if I even remotely accused you of trolling. Some things just make me think...really? I get "prophetic" hunches all the time but refrain from shouting it out on the rooftops for fear of ridicule.

edit on 2/11/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

So in the scheme of things his influence is about 25%

Not overly impressive really.

I hope you are joking.... currently 7 billion global population.

The US president resides just a little over 4% of the total global population or around 350 million people.... Just look how his role is coverted by the powers that be....

Now look at the POPE whom resides just a little over 17% of the total global population or about 1.2 billion people....

Put them into perspective....

Korg.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Edit for this:

Here are a few popes who resigned:

Pope Benedict IX in 1045:

St. Peter Damian is alleged to have described him as "feasting on immorality"; the anti-papal historian Ferdinand Gregorovius wrote that in Benedict, "a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest... occupied the chair of Peter and profaned the sacred mysteries of religion by his insolent courses.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope Gregory VI in 1046:

He was also the godfather of Pope Benedict IX, who was foisted on the papacy by his powerful family, the Theophylacti, counts of Tusculum, at the age of twenty. Benedict IX, wishing to marry and vacate the position into which he had been thrust by his family, consulted his godfather as to whether he could resign the supreme pontificate. When he was convinced that he might do so, he offered to give up the papacy into the hands of his godfather for a large sum of money. Desirous of ridding the See of Rome of such an unworthy pontiff, John Gratian paid him the money and was recognized as Pope in his stead.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope St. Celestine V in 1294

Celestine V was not allowed to remain in solitude, however. His successor Pope Boniface VIII sent for him, and finally, despite the former pope's desperate attempts to escape, captured him and imprisoned him in the castle of Fumone near Ferentino in Campagna where, after languishing for 10 months in infected air, he died on 19 May 1296. Some historians[who?] believe Boniface might have had him murdered, a belief partly based on a hole found in the pope´s skull.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pope Gregory XII in 1415
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join