It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As many as 16 countries could be hit by horse meat scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Actually i would not care if i ate horse meat, problem is it shouldn't have been a secret. Horse is a pretty healthy animal.

Even tho this is not the case, i would eat Horse Meat over Pig! (Bacon excluded obviously)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If prepared right, there is nothing wrong with horse meat. I suppose it is deceit that people are getting pissed about but this desire for perfection is going to be our downfall. Years ago they used to grind up the heart and add it to the hamburger. The chemical structure of the heart is good for us. People consider this meat as a byproduct nowadays and this is wrong. Everyone wants ground Chuck and Ground Round and think that this is the best when in fact the old way of making burger from a bunch of different muscles and belly area scraps provided a healthier meat. Examine the Omega threes in the brisket on the nutrition database and you will see something interesting

I wish people would quit horsing around with these kind of things.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find it odd, but every social issue thread, or important information about corporate crimes such as this, get very little stars.

I want free enterprise and a huge amount of food choices to be heritage organic and not more money either. I want us to boycott their businesses and monpolies and take the world back. Anyone owning expensive city home, get an eco farm for family and friends and do aquaponics, and start several small ethical businesses and try mushroom the concepts out.

If this is coming out,imagine what else could be in the meats?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hope they sort this stuff out fast. Findus makes my favourite frozen foods. I dont mind. I eat horse anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The reason that this should be a big deal is because it is FRAUD! People paid for beef but what they got was a cheaper substitute meat.
if you paid for a rolls royce and they give you a mini cooper instead, wouldn`t you feel robbed?
This is the same thing, people paid for beef and ended up getting cheaper horsemeat for the price of the more expensive beef that they paid for
It`s FRAUD.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is a great example of hidden inflation. Cost of beef is going up, so they add filler meat that is cheaper but dont bother to tell anyone. First horse, then donkey, then work your way down to rat and mice meat. Soon you will have more fillers then beef.

This reminds me of back in the great depression when they use to add saw dust to bread as a filler but sell it to you at the same price as normal bread.
edit on 11-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

He knows he made his later, he was just bringing his OP over here to carry on the discussion in this thread....

All good....

Thanks woog

Thought i was going to get my head kicked in for a moment then!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Star for you for being so nice too Lucid

I realised after Woog had started his/her thread and apologised to him/her

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Hopechest

I still wouldn't knowingly eat it

We are conditioned (most of us) only to eat certain things, it is hard to break from that.

Look at countries where it is normal to eat dogs, or scorpions.......

Mind you, I could never eat rabbit or duck, and that seems normal(ish) over here in the UK, then again, I do like haggis, which a lot of folk would turn their noses up at.

I love haggis but i choose to eat it ,I didnt choose to eat horse meat and feel sick to the core

i wonder if we can sue the supermarkets that supplied the horse burgers and god knows what.
also how the #### did it pass quality control ???????????
edit on 11/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

yes how did it pass quality control? WHat else gets past quality control?
edit on 11-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
if this is true, and i had some, then its one more thin i can check off my list of
things i have eaten.

Elk
Deer
Moose
Cow
Pig
Frog
Turtle
Squril
Rabbit
Squid

well many many more. Horse would just be one more. I'd love to try kangaroo before i croak,
from what i hear that is yummy.

Kangaroo steaks are really good... ah... i see you tried frogs legs... definately a must before you croak... (crap pun i guess!?) Snails are pretty good too with lashings of garlic butter and parsley.

Another goodie to try is Ostrich meat (quite a few home produce farms in the area where i live)

Kindest respects and bon appetit

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
they makes me think what else do they put in the pies.
dog cat rat mice? human?

this is one way to get back at the Muslims.
they MAKE us eat hala meat.
we make them eat pork.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

and it had been confirmed there was no danger to health.
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm afraid this is BS of the highest order, the ministry peeps are just trying to piece together which country the stuff came from let alone the condition of each individual animal , it could be roadkill for all they know.

We are talking several thousand tons here of recent stock, no one can have any idea how long it has been going on I will bet my horse balls that there will be some sort of cover as too many heads will have to roll should it be discovered that it has probably been going on for years.

No one should be suprised if it comes to pass that eastern block organized crime syndicates are behind it all, after all human trafficing is rife so labeling a box of crap as beef produced in the EU is probably childs play to the Romanians, Bulgarians etc.

Think about it, if you can get your hands on a reasonable amount of drug money you can buy a slaughterhouse in Poland etc then buy your very own meat inspector and rubber stamp with beef on it and if you were really smart you will have allready been in the pet food trade.

These sort of practices had been going on for years in the UK up untill the big clamp down following the BSE outbreak and to be fair many of the big supermarkets set a very high standard for UK sourced raw material.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
The reason that this should be a big deal is because it is FRAUD! People paid for beef but what they got was a cheaper substitute meat.

Dont know what horses you have eaten. The ones I've eaten are better and more expensive than beef.
edit on 11/2/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The media can shock and amaze, telling people "guess what? You've been eating Mr. Ed!" The people go nuts. Meanwhile, when these people are told that there is a chemical bonding agent used in silly putty being put in their chicken McNuggets (true), their response is "mmmmmm..... MackNuggitts, NOM NOM!!"

How much more absurd can perception get?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Vegetarian here. Been since I was a small girl. For some reason I always had this innate understanding that animals had souls and purpose here.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

www.thejournal.ie... Food company Findus tested 18 of its frozen beef lasagne products from its French supplier Comigel and found 11 meals containing between 60 per cent and 100 per cent horsemeat.

Between 60 and 100 percent but the nice soft term used? Contamination.

As French officials investigate potential criminal fraud food safety officials in Romania have now started examining paperwork at an abattoir which may be the source of at least one contamination.

How can a product that is 100% horse meat be 'Contaminated?' It's not. It's pure horse meat. If it was only 99% horse meat and 1% beef, one could say that the beef is the contaminant.

Peace

edit on 11-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wait...

We've been eating horse instead of cow... and... we complain?

What are we? Idiots?

Horse is a far superior meat - welcome horse!

(as long as they dont include the saddle, I'm fine with it...)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Meat is meat, as long as it's cooked correctly. Some bugs taste even better than steak. Cooked of course. People eat horse in France for long time. But when it's cooked incorrectly it's super greasy. Like eating a juicy steak except it's super stringy and instead of blood juices it's more like vegetable oil. It can be cooked in only a few ways. People are so upset because in their I Can't Believe It's Not Beef products it is horse meat which vegans were eating .

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Could this be one of the horse's from the apocalypse?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join