It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As many as 16 countries could be hit by horse meat scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi

Wow 16 countries, this is becoming a big scandal.. first they find in grocery stores then Burger King then "Findus" products. NOw it looks like the whole EU might be affected

Its probably just a matter of time before they find it in the US

www.thejournal.ie...

IT IS NOW feared that as many as 16 countries could be affected by the horse meat scandal as French ministers hold emergency talks later today.

It comes as seven French supermarket chains have now withdrawn frozen beef meals made by Findus and the French manufacturer Comigel following the discovery that some frozen foods sold in Europe contained horse meat

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
it is time to hit them in the pocket .stop buying the stuff they will soon get the message .

i find it strange that nobody came out with this story before
use quorn for 6 months

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Everybody was so nonchalant about it in the other threads! Apparently most ATS members don't care about business's being dishonest! "hahaha horse meat taste great" they said... Gah!

This was one of the obvious truths they chose to ignore! This decision was done for profit! Not for your interests in mind! They don't give a crap about your health or that you like the taste of horse over cow...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I'm not condoning it in any way, BUT most of us have probably unknowingly eaten much much worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hopefully when you make the purchase you know what you're buying...

Or does that not matter to you? That's a question not an accusation.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

who cares what the base ingredients are,, does it matter in what form, horse, pig, tomato, do we have our daily chemical Cyanide cocktails? everything is a lie, and our western world is nothing more than a game of
perverted monopoly

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by goou111

I'm not condoning it in any way, BUT most of us have probably unknowingly eaten much much worse.

And knowingly lol..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes, it is wrong that they deceived us, and at first I felt quite ill at the thought I had been munching on Mr Ed, but as it sunk in, I realised that I had still enjoyed the burgers, and it had been confirmed there was no danger to health.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning it, far from it, I am still a bit sickened that the grand national has been running in me buns for the last god knows how long........but maybe it isn't as bad (health wise) as it first seemed?

EDIT: Actually, didn't we used to eat lollipops with bugs in? I know we knew they were there.....but we have shoveled far worse than equine into our guts before.
edit on 11/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Actually horse meat is far superior to beef, health wise.

And its also not as prone to disease as beef is either.

Just better all around.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
trying to find out if aldi in australia uses the same supplier.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yes, it is wrong that they deceived us, and at first I felt quite ill at the thought I had been munching on Mr Ed, but as it sunk in, I realised that I had still enjoyed the burgers, and it had been confirmed there was no danger to health.

Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning it, far from it, I am still a bit sickened that the grand national has been running in me buns for the last god knows how long........but maybe it isn't as bad (health wise) as it first seemed?

EDIT: Actually, didn't we used to eat lollipops with bugs in? I know we knew they were there.....but we have shoveled far worse that horse into our guts before.
edit on 11/2/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I dont believe them thats there is no health risk..

They dont even know for sure where all the horsemeat came from so how can they be so sure there is no health risk?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Actually horse meat is far superior to beef, health wise.

And its also not as prone to disease as beef is either.

Just better all around.

What? if that were true they would breed horses for human consumption not cows

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I still wouldn't knowingly eat it

We are conditioned (most of us) only to eat certain things, it is hard to break from that.

Look at countries where it is normal to eat dogs, or scorpions.......

Mind you, I could never eat rabbit or duck, and that seems normal(ish) over here in the UK, then again, I do like haggis, which a lot of folk would turn their noses up at.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Yeah, The companies should be held accountable. But I'm failing to see what the big deal is.

People knowingly eat this garbage from fast food places, and then get upset about a little horse meat?

It's like eating poop and then complaining that they store it on the floor. You're still eating crap, don't get all picky now.
edit on 11-2-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I agree that knowing what your eating is very important. They were wrong for doing it.

However, taking in comparison with beef, horse meat is far superior in every regard. If you get over your pre-conditioned dislike of it you may actually enjoy it.

Its perfectly legal in the US, not sure about other countries though.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

They dont even know for sure where all the horsemeat came from so how can they be so sure there is no health risk?

I am going to take a wild guess here, I could be wrong, but no harm in speculating, I reckon, it may have (emphasis on may have) come from a horse (don't quote me on that).

Apparently they had samples tested, and it turned out to be ok.

Maybe horses aren't prone to the same kind of diseases that are transferable to humans like in cows and other etc. (I honestly do not know the answer to that)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Yeah, The companies should be held accountable. But I'm failing to see what the big deal is.

People knowingly eat this garbage from fast food places, and then get upset about a little horse meat?

It's like eating poop and then complaining that they store it on the floor. You're still eating crap, don't get hat all picky now.

Would you feel the same way if you found out it was dogmeat? or rat lol?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Many apologies OP i started off a thread 23 minutes ago without searching first.

Please find a copy paste of my thread underneath :

Greetings all,

The current scandal concerning Findus pre packed meat products has also hit France and is taking the headlines in MSM over here.

They say that all sides are now threatening to sue each other over this affair which is taking large proportions as Findus products are sold throughout the whole of Europe (not sure about other countries outside of the EU?).

Personally i think that the problem lies within Romania as this country is riddled with mafia owned companies and smothered in corruption!

Quote : Reflecting the complexity of European food supply chains, the meat has been traced from France through Cyprus and The Netherlands to Romanian abattoirs.

Doesn't it make you think about what other products are in are pre-packed foods?

I am not a vegetarian myself and only when possible purchase meat from local farms but maybe some of you out there might be interested as to what actually goes on your plates. I purchased a book last year called Eating animals by Jonathan Safran Boer, see article in the guardian here :

Links in my thread that i started earlier on as i am crap at copy pasting (many apologies)

Pretty good well research journalistic book that really makes things clear!

Your thoughts ATSers?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 11-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Would you feel the same way if you found out it was dogmeat? or rat lol?

There was a scandal recently wasn't there, in London, they were selling rat meat as beef or something?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

I agree that knowing what your eating is very important. They were wrong for doing it.

However, taking in comparison with beef, horse meat is far superior in every regard. If you get over your pre-conditioned dislike of it you may actually enjoy it.

Its perfectly legal in the US, not sure about other countries though.

Ill ask yje same question .. would you feel the same if you found out it was dogmeat or ratmeat?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join