It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Story is Just Too Complicated to Even Narrow Down a Title.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If she is actually troubled, then the best course of action would be 'running away' if she were able fend for herself. For some folks a moment like this can be a sink-or-swim life event.

At her age it would be fairly easy to couch surf and pickup a part time job until finishing school.

Some kids leave the nest early. I did... Not because of drunk parents though. I was a rowdy kid. All my own doing. Mostly.

If they really are super-bad drunks then they'd probably just let her go without a fuss anyway.

One thing is for sure though: at this point she is unable to fend for herself. We know this because of the social service/police history. A kid with enough independence or confidence would just bounce instead of troubling others.

At 16 I would have been long gone over a couple of drunks, and would've done it without having CS on speed dial or needing a cop.

How bad does it have to be for a cop to arrest another official for child neglect/abuse? Nothing in the article about the living conditions or form of abuse/neglect.

Also... IF she were actually afraid of the parents coming home, like 911 Emergency afraid... then why stay there? Why not flee to safety and call from a neighbor's house? If the emergency is at home then why hang around for it to kick off?

Starting to seem a little melodramatic.

We don't have enough details to call in the jury.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I hear you man, I remember all my life my parents [and now mom and step-dad] cuss each other out and me most of the time. I've learned to try to find a safe spot and harden my heart until the storm passes. I have yet to call the cops on them yet...but things haven't escalated to that point.

It's especially tough when you don't have friends and then watch them take out their problems on the dog. Oh and their kids too, but who cares about them.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
the title is,

who give a flying %$&*

let her and scumbag parents rot in hell you are wasting money on TRASH.

1 either send her to a half way home for 2 years and move out on own,
2 go to halway house for two years and sign up for military,
3 why cant she live with the grandma im sure she could use help around the house?,

cops are not there to be social workers, if he feels he can do better he should ask for reasignment, if the local community does not feel social services is doing a good job easy to remedy that as well.......

none the less while hes off running around pretending to be daddy there is someone getting jumped and you can damn well bet the social worker is not jumping in front of bullets to replace cop.

starting to agree with TPTB, maybe we should kill off half the population,then this wouldnt even be a story.

i know im cold and heartless, save it, nothing i havent heard before heh.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by SpaDe_

That's it in a nutshell isn't it? How can a good Cop actually do their job today. The one thing that really gets to me(other than the obvious bias by the Journal Star, but in the same token people around here think the HHS can't do wrong) is that the article says the Sheriff was behind Himburg until he wrote the letter. Personally I think that is BS. If he was behind Himburg he would have told HHS to wake up someone else. She was not the only one available, but the only one on call. By this logic if she had been drinking and killed someone in a car accident she would have been let off because they just didn't want to wake another worker up out of their comfort sleep. The safety of the Child is of the utmost importance not who is on call and the practice of leaving the children in a dangerous situation because the probation officer "cant take her in the middle of the night" is BS as well. I know from living here that there are places she could have been taken.

That is because civilization is an ongoing genetic experiment! force the people under mind numbing retardation. Expose the people to poisons! to viruses! Create a faculty of disinformation to keep the slaves working. We are bio weapons waiting to be unleashed. Imagine human contact. After we humans have mutated our immune system to extreme states unlocking antigens and proteins that would of taken thousands if not countless of years.... within decades! Its genius! Create viruses and bacteria? ???? profit. You want to know why society is made the way it is? Genetic experiments. Living eugentics, and i hope you all enjoy the show. Because A large number of you don't even know your blood type. But the government does. And they will be tracking you soon with their chips. And guess what? When you start fighting back for *freedom* they will throw you on trains like its WW2 and fema is the meat grinder that will mill out the blood types they want.

Don't think this is coming? Look back at world 2. Everyone was on the opposed hitler list jews, black, whites, anything with 2 legs and walks. Il tell you it wasn't about blond hairs and blue eyes, tho they would like you to believe that. Wake up to the reality. They are forcing us to genetically evolve through all this nonsense. For what ever purpose who ever thought it out. Does not want any counter productivity what so ever. Why genetically poison our crops? why the suppression of asking questions? If anything. The people who are waking up are what they want, Shows that the experiment is having positive feed back. Hows that for a mind fornication?

Don't think this theory is sound? Why is there an RH factor? why reccess maccac ? why? Its a dirty monkey that can carry multipule diseases... without showing traits? really? sounds kind like a human don't you think? I mean, how many of you are carrying an STD? chicken pox? Any unknown virus lurking dormant. You know what, If i was an ET. And i wanted to brag about a pet monkey i had that if it landed on your planet would wipe it out extinct. Would an ET do it? lol. Somehow i imagine humans have already done that. And its well documented that monkies are special for their immune systems adaptability and suppression of symptoms. Also given the nature of monkeys. They can live in groups of up to 200 or more. You arn't going to see a cat doing that, or to many intelligent animals for that matter. So to me this is the only thing that can make sense. It has all the motives....
edit on 13-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I suppose the good news is that if the officer loses his job, he will sue. A case like this will receive national attention and the DHHS will be forced to clean house in the public eye. Change always starts somewhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

People who are more concerned with partying and getting drunk shouldn't have kids.
This girl should've seen someone about getting a divorce from her "parents", er, I meant, abusive overlords.

Question: When the cops pulled the "dad" and step"mom" over for speeding and drunk driving, why weren't they arrested? Or were they and I missed this? Especially when the "dad" was quite verbal about his anger at his daughter. This should've cued the cop into what was about to transpire and taken them in anyways to assess the situation better.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I hear you man, I remember all my life my parents [and now mom and step-dad] cuss each other out and me most of the time. I've learned to try to find a safe spot and harden my heart until the storm passes. I have yet to call the cops on them yet...but things haven't escalated to that point.

It's especially tough when you don't have friends and then watch them take out their problems on the dog. Oh and their kids too, but who cares about them.

Say it again, Sam.
If only the dog I just adopted could talk...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Local new stations always spin stories in favor the establishment. Especially stories involving law enforcement!
Arresting the social worker is a terrible move! It's his job to determine the safety of the individuals, and he determined she was safe. Nothing illegal about that. And she was safe. It was the dad who called the cops.

Don't be swayed by the way they're spinning the story
I can't believe there's so many siding with the cop. He's abusing his authority!!
edit on 11-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)
Ummm...I have to agree with you on this one, it seems passing strange the lengths this cop went through to have this girl in his possession. I think he overstepped his authority and that there was a reason for it...not stated in the article......Wow, the first time that I find myself on the same side of a story with you Ghost.....miracles and all that...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've reread the article and I don't see anywhere that the police officer took custody of the girl and kept her with him.
I do see where I skipped ahead and the step mother was indeed arrested for drunken driving.
The daughter was telling the truth about the "parents" coming home angry with her from the bar.

I don't see where anyone can fault the police officer or the girl for anything. The officer had been there multiple times, which is a strain on his job and he saw that there was an issue with the case worker doing her job to protect this girl.

All you who are defending the parents and the case worker, maybe next time these drunken "parents" will come home and beat their kid to death. That'll teach the girl she shouldn't be ratting them out! They have every right to go out and get drunk, then drive angry. They're over 21 and obviously responsible adults.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When a cop does the right thing he gets in serious trouble.

When they really do screw up they get backed by the dept. :shk:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Doges are the best. I'd give anything to have my Rudy back...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join