It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are abducted by a violent alien race ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

There is a lesson about this from Star Wars. The aliens are the evil emperor and you are Luke Skywalker. The emperor tries to manipulate you to commit an evil act (killing him), thereby causing you to go over to the dark side. But Star Wars goes only so far. We are all expressions of one spirit. If you go over to the dark side in response to threats and manipulation, you bring us all down a notch and lead the way for others to do the same. If you do the opposite, and refuse to give in to the dark side, you lead the way to the light and save us all, even if our bodies all die as a result.
edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: completed a phrase

edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: misspelling

edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: getting my grammar over to the light side

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

You should write a script about this.

Ten years ago I would have. Now I'm hoping one of YOU will write the script so I can watch it on TV. People struggling to maintain a life while having to murder once a month. Groups coming together to better organize the kills while trying to contact anyone in government that might listen. When will the alien rebel finally make contact? What brilliant officer of the law is coming close to discovering the group, and can he be convinced that it would mean the end of the world if he shuts the group down?

I want to see this show or movie before I die!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by jiggerj

We have a similar hobby Jiggerj.I like to create hypothetical scenarios and then try to find a solution.
Never though about that so here goes:

Since i'm a trekkie i will start with this:
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"-Spock

Being a trekkie this was the first thing that came to my mind when i read your OP,so as a last resort i would do it.So you say we can't nagotiate or find a "diplomatic"-peaceful solution with the aliens(they sound very human to me).

Solution A:Join the army or become a mercenary."Good" thing about Earth that wars never stop.

Solution B:Apply for a job as an executioner in a prison.
Solution C:Become "Dexter".Search and kill the worst of the worst.
Solution D:Let them destroy earth.Ask them if you can push the button and then tell them:"See i killed enough for 10 lifetimes,can i come with you now?"

If i think hard enough i can come up with more.

Yeah, I kinda' think of these aliens as Klingons on steroids.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by jiggerj

There is a movie that is coming out, very similar to your post.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

Ooh, that looks good, but I don't see the connection to my story.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sorgfelt
reply to post by jiggerj

There is a lesson about this from Star Wars. The aliens are the evil emperor and you are Luke Skywalker. The emperor tries to manipulate you to commit an evil act (killing him), thereby causing you to go over to the dark side. But Star Wars goes only so far. We are all expressions of one spirit. If you go over to the dark side in response to threats and manipulation, you bring us all down a notch and lead the way for others to do the same. If you do the opposite, and refuse to give in to the dark side, you lead the way to the light and save us all, even if our bodies all die as a result.
edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: completed a phrase

edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: misspelling

edit on 12-2-2013 by sorgfelt because: getting my grammar over to the light side

If you are one of the abductees (which is a great sub-plot to the story) and you refuse to kill one to save many, then you are threat. You might talk.

We're going to have to kill you. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Night Star
Start with killing those on death row in prison, the murderers then the rapist, the drug dealers, gang members etc.

Remember, you have to get away with each kill, else one of the other thirty abductees will have to kill two each month.

All the while the aliens are watching and laughing at us inferior mice. I HATE them!

You're not going to make this easy are you?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I will see your Prisoner's Dilemma and raise you Plato's City of Thieves...

In other words, I think any species as psychotic as these aliens will self-destruct.

If not, a more powerful alien race would just come along and wipe them out in the name of galactic peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc

In other words, I think any species as psychotic as these aliens will self-destruct.

If not, a more powerful alien race would just come along and wipe them out in the name of galactic peace.

A superior, peaceful race is a fantasy we made up. The road to knowledge is forever enmeshed with self-serving aggression. Cows will always be grass eaters because they lack ambition and drive. Predators, however, will always seek and find ways to better get its prey.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'll concede that, but I still think a race that psychotic would turn on itself eventually.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

PS- the superior race that wiped out the planet-destroyers wouldn't be peaceful by definition. But if it was in thier self-interest to aggressively take out these interplanetary terrorists, they just might do it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
reply to post by jiggerj

We have a similar hobby Jiggerj.I like to create hypothetical scenarios and then try to find a solution.
Never though about that so here goes:

Since i'm a trekkie i will start with this:
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"-Spock

Being a trekkie this was the first thing that came to my mind when i read your OP,so as a last resort i would do it.So you say we can't nagotiate or find a "diplomatic"-peaceful solution with the aliens(they sound very human to me).

Solution A:Join the army or become a mercenary."Good" thing about Earth that wars never stop.

Solution B:Apply for a job as an executioner in a prison.
Solution C:Become "Dexter".Search and kill the worst of the worst.
Solution D:Let them destroy earth.Ask them if you can push the button and then tell them:"See i killed enough for 10 lifetimes,can i come with you now?"

If i think hard enough i can come up with more.

Yeah, I kinda' think of these aliens as Klingons on steroids.

Klingons on steroids
Now you make me really wanna meet these guys

I came up with a new idea,but this depends on how "smart" the aliens are....
You hire people and you play a killing scene.
OR you rent once a month a cinema,you adapt a playstation or wii and you play call of duty(or any other first person shooter).You virtually kill your guy and wait for the next month to have some fun
You can use virtual reality simulators,but they are really hard to find.(i have played once in a video games convention and they were soooooooo cool)

I know you said there is a camera in your head,but you can always find a way to trick technology.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

PS- the superior race that wiped out the planet-destroyers wouldn't be peaceful by definition. But if it was in thier self-interest to aggressively take out these interplanetary terrorists, they just might do it.

I just looked for a documentary for you, and I can NEVER find what I'm looking for! This documentary explains how aliens with the technology to come here are probably meat eaters like us. It shows how docile animals eat grass while those with developed brains need meat. So, the odds are good that an alien invasion would be brought on by predator-aliens.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well, thanks for trying. That sounds true to me. I wonder if there is a protien/testosterone link.

2nd line
edit on 14-2-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well, thanks for trying. That sounds true to me. I wonder if there is a protien/testosterone link.

2nd line
edit on 14-2-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

Found it! The explanation starts around 3:30 and it's only a few minutes.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I just looked for a documentary for you, and I can NEVER find what I'm looking for! This documentary explains how aliens with the technology to come here are probably meat eaters like us. It shows how docile animals eat grass while those with developed brains need meat. So, the odds are good that an alien invasion would be brought on by predator-aliens.

Perhaps, but at the same time, just looking at our own species, we progressively move further and further away from predatory practices, and instead "farm" meat. Seems to be an easy conclusion that these advanced alien meat-eaters would do likewise...

As for those wanting to exterminate all other alien life, it's an absolute position, against an unbeatable foe. The only thing to do is to do as they command, hoping you can buy time or find an opening vs. dooming all in a hasty decision. If I had to kill, I can think of a few targets to start at least....

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your question assumes I am not already a cold-blooded killer

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This biiig purple ugly alien... scaary.
I'd refuse to kill, telling them that they can either destroy my planet or leave me be. I would spread awareness to the fact that we are under invasion, and let the populace take sides and destroy themselves, like they are already doing. now theres a new way for yah

If its war they want... well too bad. In my opionion the aliens from your story actually represent both sides of the conflict
edit on 3-6-2013 by Anuweh because: cuz i poop purple

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jiggerj

No I would accept make the alien think I was going along and then when I was in a group of them I'd do my very best to kill them and go out in a blaze of glory. They will destroy the earth anyway why let them toy with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join