It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LAPD Chief Announces He’s Reopening Case That Ended In Dorner’s Termination

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Whoops, I didn't see this thread. I'll just repeat what I said in mine.

Every part of me is hoping that this will yield some semblance of the truth. I think Dorner is a perfect example of what a damaged mind is capable of. While I feel bad for what happened to him in his personal life, my sympathies go no further. The extremes he has gone to are unfortunate and wrong.

Even if the Chief's intentions aren't exactly pure, a lot can still be accomplished if something is indeed found and proper action taken (I don't think a few suspensions would cut it). In the same hand, it would be a shame if this is what it had to come to in order for positive change to occur. It really, truly would be. It will be interesting to see what happens from this point forward.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
In the same hand, it would be a shame if this is what it had to come to in order for positive change to occur. It really, truly would be. It will be interesting to see what happens from this point forward.

Well then consider it a shame, because this is what had to happen for this man to even get their attention. I can give you a preview of what is going to happen in the not so distant future. There will be an investigation into the Dorner case and the circumstances surrounding it. They will find that some details were overlooked, and a handful of lower level officers will be reprimanded, and possibly kicked off the force.

In the end I think this is the beginning of the next great scandal involving the LAPD, and it will drag on for quite some time, and eventually require the attention federal investigators. I can hear the paper shredders as I type this, and I wouldn't doubt if a bunch of inner office servers suddenly have faulty hard drives.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Do you think it possible with the information, notoriety, and the knowledge, of the actions, by the locals, that it could be enough to set off public repercussions against the department in the form of riots?
edit on 9-2-2013 by Agarta because: rephrased the question

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Well then consider it a shame, because this is what had to happen for this man to even get their attention. I can give you a preview of what is going to happen in the not so distant future. There will be an investigation into the Dorner case and the circumstances surrounding it. They will find that some details were overlooked, and a handful of lower level officers will be reprimanded, and possibly kicked off the force.

In the end I think this is the beginning of the next great scandal involving the LAPD, and it will drag on for quite some time, and eventually require the attention federal investigators. I can hear the paper shredders as I type this, and I wouldn't doubt if a bunch of inner office servers suddenly have faulty hard drives.

while there's certainly no means by which to gauge the accuracy of that at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see things pan out in that , or similar, manner going forward. (:up

slips'll be showin, that's for sure... and they won't be 'pink' ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Even if it were true that this had to happen, it does not make his actions justifiable. I know that sounds contradictory, but let me clarify.

If Dorner was dealt a truly severe injustice, which I am in no way ruling out, and the only way to rectify the situation included extreme measures in the form of violence, I do not find it appropriate to bring innocent family members into the equation. Daughters and son-in laws who are are in no quantifiable way involved in the injustice should not be gunned down in the parking lot of their housing complex. It is cowardly, it is cheap, it is immoral, and it violates reason and ethics entirely. He should take his aggressors on directly. That's how it's done. It was done that way when this country began, and it was done that way well before. Inciting terror is the absolute worst route I can imagine.

As for the last part, you very well could be right on, and a part of me sees something similar going down as well.

There is no doubting the deep routed corruption that is prevalent throughout the LAPD, and the hostility the public feels toward it is evidence to that fact. I am a realist through and through, and that part of me believes that this may very well be the beginning of a series of unfortunate events. Like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
I do not find it appropriate to bring innocent family members into the equation. Daughters and son-in laws who are are in no quantifiable way involved in the injustice should not be gunned down in the parking lot of their housing complex. It is cowardly, it is cheap, it is immoral, and it violates reason and ethics entirely. He should take his aggressors on directly. That's how it's done. It was done that way when this country began, and it was done that way well before. Inciting terror is the absolute worst route I can imagine.

i think the mentality is that you can inflict the most pain on someone by eliminating their loved one. If your life is terminated you don't suffer (or at least for long). If your loved ones life (especially your childrens life) is terminated you will suffer the rest of your life. Its not right but that is the mentality.

"Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name. -CJD"

is there never the spilling of innocent blood in changes or revolutions?

im not saying it is right or that anyone should kill innocents. my opinion is different then CJD of course. but i understand the logic.

we live in a twisted world (bassckwards) and it produces twisted things and logic. CJD seems to be the product of injustice and our twisted reality.

edit on 10-2-2013 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is a terrible situation, I feel sympathy for the innocent people who've died and for Dorner - he is clearly disturbed. Whether he is right or wrong on what happened remains to be seen but I feel he is probably telling a story which isn't far from the truth.

At this point, he has been successful in raising the profile and re-opening the investigation into his issue - it will have to come out as there is too much interest to hide it or continue any cover up.

Its clear that LAPD are trigger happy in their search for him which suggests there is a desire amongst the rank and file to silence a critic from their own ranks.

I really hope he comes in alive and makes his case. Clearly he wouldn't want to surrender to LAPD officers without some assurance they aren't going to shoot on sight. I'd hope he'll negotiate with a tv company to broadcast his surrender live - making it impossible for LAPD to silence him.

Whichever way you look at it, this is a tragic situation but, if what he claims is true, this could prove to be the final action required to clean up LAPD. Alternatively, it might be the catalyst for the people of the area to demand change above and beyond the apparently cosmetic changes after the 90's riots.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Definite set up ... the corrupt bastards are putting on a show to lure him out ... took me two days to read over and translate his statement that was poster in earlier thread here on ats ... dont agree with his methods but its the only route he has left... he has the training and intestinal fortitude to at least make a few of the corrupt bastards pay for their crimes ... pity it wont change anything ... have to admire his courage in standing up to them ...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by SpaDe_

Do you think it possible with the information, notoriety, and the knowledge, of the actions, by the locals, that it could be enough to set off public repercussions against the department in the form of riots?
edit on 9-2-2013 by Agarta because: rephrased the question

It very well could bring public repercussions, and I think the level of those repercussions will also be determined on how the LAPD handles this situation and if they actually do something about it.
edit on 2/10/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

You have to keep in mind that he only allegedly shot those two. If they had hard evidence that he shot them they would be parading it around for all to see, but they haven't. They haven't even mentioned having CCTV footage even though this took place in their vehicle that was in a private, key coded, and surveilled security garage. Just doesn't make any sense considering they have been so forth coming on all the other condemning information so far, which makes me think that this Quan has many more enemies than just this Mr. Dorner.

A quick look into Quan's past shows that he was not a well liked individual and was very racist and open about it. I doubt he has only one enemy just based on his actions in the past. The timing is odd, but I will not lay it at Dorner's feet until sufficient evidence is presented.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"I'm not doing this to appease him. I'm doing it so that maybe he won't kill me and my family. I'm absolutely terrified at this point and I don't know what else to do. I'm starting to panic and sob uncontrollably here. I totally screwed this guy over as is my custom, and never thought in a million years he would do anything about it. Please God, help me..."

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The LAPD chief is hoping to appease Dorner and bring him in..

This reinvestigation also serves to make the Chief and the LAPD appear just and fair in the public
eye, but the real reason is the hope that Dorner will turn himself in so that the Chief can
sleep at night without having every little noise wake him up in fear for his life.

These guys are living in fear for their lives and for their children's lives 24/7 and it's eventually going to
get to them.

It must be pretty stressful to be on the receiving end especially when you are only used to dishing it out...

...they don't know how to handle it
edit on 10-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
What I hear him saying is.. We are going to open up a case that we already reviewed on multiple levels and will come to the same conclusion to make the public happy...

If it came back that he actually is in the right then this entire thing will be in a way completely justified..

DING DING DING DING

someone here gets it

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So another innocent person suffers because he drives a similar vehicle as Dorner.

www.latimes.com...

Dorner's not dangerous, the cops that have something to worry about are. If anything this man hunt shows that we are ruled by incompetent and corrupt thugs.

I hate to think that the trigger happy attacks on folks because their truck resembles Dorner's could be a message to Dorner that they are more than willing to terrorize the citizens in order to silence him. Right now I lean toward the fact that many LEO's really should not be carrying guns, simply because they are not cut out for the job. Dangerous bastards.

If all the good cops stood together and demanded transparency, it would protect them from Dorner, and serve the public by cleaning up the corruption. Pretty soon the heroes will start to stand up, and there will be too many to silence. I pray for it daily.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Whatever the motivations are behind this move we must surely still see this as a good development in the story.

More and more are waking up everyday and more local politicians, officials, and servants of the public are having to finally listen to their constituents. The tide isn't yet turning but there are eddies is the current.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Whoa!!

That's a bid deal.

Though why does it feel more like a ruse to draw him out?

Cause the cops are running around terrified that they're going to get their asses shot off in payback for their brutality?

Imagine that...

I don't think the LAPD took this guy very serious at first, their arrogance wouldn't allow them to. Now that it has been a few days and they have had no luck in finding him they are panicking.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Honor is a strong bond. Why do you think the LAPD and other police organizations keep tight?

Though what I find strange is that in his manifesto, Dorner reached out to a couple of celebrities like Charlie Sheen and Tim Tebow:

Dorner reaches out to celebs- TMZ

This kind of reminds me a little bit of the whole Brittany Murphy/Simon Monjack case, because although I believe they are just begging him to turn himself in, I'd be wary of someone actually supported Dorner and was taken out to prove a point.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If I get fired and go on a murderous rampage will I be made a victim and my firing be reconsidered?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is just an act of appeasment, the case review will remain open until dorner is securely behind bars or more likely dead, then the case review will quickly be closed and reported that everything was done properly through out the entire case and that all dorners accusations of corruption and racism within the LAPD are groundless.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yup they want him bad! They're offering a 1 million dollar reward now:

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Elected officials and law enforcement authorities on Sunday are expected to offer a $1-million reward for information leading to the arrest and capture of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner.

A massive manhunt for Dorner began last week after the 33-year-old former Los Angeles police officer and Navy veteran allegedly began a deadly campaign that has left three people dead and two others injured. Dorner is believed to be upset over his firing from the department in 2009.

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Authorities have already raised $500,000 with a goal of $1 million or more.

Oh look at the little cockroaches scurry all skeered.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join