It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LAPD Chief Announces He’s Reopening Case That Ended In Dorner’s Termination

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has just announced the department is reopening the case that resulted in accused cop killer and former officer Christopher Dorner’s termination.

“I’m not doing this to appease him. I’m doing this so the community has faith in what the police department does,” Beck said in an exclusive interview Saturday with CBS2’s Pat Harvey.

“This investigation has already been reviewed at multiple levels…If I have to redo something or deal with an issue I will deal with it publicly,” Beck said.

The police chief said Dorner has not reached out to him in any way.

He stressed that if Dorner were to contact the police department and surrender he would guarantee his safety.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

So it took a guy to go on a cop killing rampage to cleanup your vile corruption?
Yeah, you open up that case...

And how is Dorner supposed to surrender when you're shooting at innocents driving down the street?

Dorner has already been successful then, like it or not people. Ha.
edit on Sat Feb 9th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whoa!!

That's a big deal.

Though why does it feel more like a ruse to draw him out?

ETA...Upon more reflection...There must be soooo much at stake behind-the-scenes for them to "appear" publicly as though they are negotiating with a cop killer...
edit on 2/9/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Whoa!!

That's a bid deal.

Though why does it feel more like a ruse to draw him out?

Cause the cops are running around terrified that they're going to get their asses shot off in payback for their brutality?

Imagine that...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe that's a good idea, now that the files for the case are out for public scrutiny(I posted a thread with all the links to the documents here). There have been so many officers that have attempted to come forward and so many lawsuits that have resulted from the corruption it is high time that maybe an independent independent(supposedly it is already independent) Committee be used to evaluate this departments actions.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What I hear him saying is.. We are going to open up a case that we already reviewed on multiple levels and will come to the same conclusion to make the public happy...

If it came back that he actually is in the right then this entire thing will be in a way completely justified..

Also its pretty hard to believe they will take him safely when they have been shooting innocent people they think has been him...

This chief should maybe inform the rest of his officers not to shoot on sight or even on possible sight. Or maybe that is the LAPD way, seems to be from their spotless record of corruption, murder, hypocracy.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ya I don't think safety is what he wants, he wants his life back. A ruse as other poster suggested sounds very much like a corrupt official.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have to believe that there are many past victims of the LAPD that aren't entirely sad to see the shoe on the other foot for a change. Dorner is going to end up a folk hero in some parts. I can't see the chief finding in Dorner's favor.

Disclaimer: I do not support the killing of innocent people.
edit on 2013/2/9 by Metallicus because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

Disclaimer: I do not support the killing of innocent people.

What about guilty people? The police chief is kind of stating that there is some level of guilt involved here or he wouldn't even bother opening the case that as he put it "has already been reviewed on multiple levels". This has nothing to do with appeasing the public and everything to do with him attempting to save his own ass. You watch there will be some low level police that are going to get thrown under the bus in attempt to make this go away.

ETA* I think he may actually be afraid of what info Dorner actually has, and where he might have it. In his manifesto Dorner said Anonymous was necessary, and for them to keep doing their thing. What if he has a bulk of info on these dirty cops and they are afraid of him getting it to Anonymous? Just a thought.
edit on 2/9/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Very good.

!

Folks, Dorner also just proved the point that it takes putting a gun to their heads to get anything done anymore.

Also, you gotta wonder how many more people will follow Dorner's example. These idiots think they can just punch, shoot and taze people with impunity anymore. Over nothing. If some innocents had to die to clean the place up, then so be it. Pales in comparison to all the innocents that have been KILLED by these police thugs on the streets.

EDIT: Ya know, this just doesn't make any sense at all, come to think of it. I mean Dorner can NEVER get his life back at this point. He's done. The more I think about it, the more it smells like a trap. If there's one thing the police are good at, it's setting traps and infiltration. Problem is, Dorner's much too smart to fall for it. He's a cop himself. Nah, Dorner's gonna make them pay in blood and see this to the grave no matter what me thinks...
edit on Sat Feb 9th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Agreed. I don't see this as anything remotely close to 'appeasing public opinion' or 'putting things to rest once and for all' ....

They'll likely peel back a few outer layers, toss a few low hanging 'fruit' but leave the 'rotten' inner core intact - they hope to, IMO
edit on 2/9/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Although I cannot tell either way if this story is fake or real, I gotta say it is an interesting drama unfolding.

What goes around comes around, as they say.

And it is frightening to realize direct brutal violence is the only way people can force the terrorist organization to come clean and start giving even a shred of justice.

It sets a frightening precedent.
I think our so called nation has gone all the way down the toilet at this point.

If people could at least attempt basic honesty and decency, it never would have gotten this far out of control.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Breaking: LAPD Chief Announces He’s Reopening Case That Ended In Dorner’s Termination

Well, since the department has demonstrated that they cannot even kill two innocent bystanders with a barrage of poorly aimed rounds, they have to come up with something else to appease their overlords...

Up next: A satanic ritual performed by the 13th Precinct, to include the hanging of 3 rookie officers of white decent.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Although I cannot tell either way if this story is fake or real, I gotta say it is an interesting drama unfolding.

What goes around comes around, as they say.

A simple google of "LAPD police chief reopens case" brings up a long list of news sources for this breaking news.

Google News Link

I would say that the story is very true.

edit on 2/9/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So the only way to get our servants to do the right thing, listen to us and uphold justice is to get armed and put the fear of god in them?

Every single day smells like more and more revolution...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Is he really going to do anything or will it just be a show to appease the public. I think there is corruption there but the only ones who will get possibly accused of some wrongdoing is the ones that were killed. Even then the case will get dropped and no action taken because you can't throw a dead person in jail.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe they'll look into Quan, the guy who defended Dorner unsatisfactorily. Quan's prior firing for racial discrimination would make him a person to NOT be assigned to Dorner's defense.

I doubt re-opening the case will answer my question:

Why did Dorner wait all these years to explode?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Why did Dorner wait all these years to explode?

As weird as it sounds (given the drama that has played out with him killing innocent people) I think that - in a twisted way - it had to do with honor...he waited until his official military career was over in February.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sad, but you already know many people get terminated from their jobs if they whistleblow or tell some secrets that might get someone else fired or cause the company legal problems, I guess it's like training day for the cops though, once you're in and you see dirt and do not tell, you are sort of complicit in the actions and then from then on out, you have to either partake in the bad actions or probably be fired, it is a no win situation for anyone.
edit on 9-2-2013 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My post above referred to this. I include below for those who may not have heard or read it.

www.pasadenastarnews.com...

Quan, the first Chinese-American captain in LAPD history, retired in 2002.

In October 2002, Quan was hired as police chief at Cal Poly Pomona. Six months later, he was fired. Quan filed a lawsuit against the school in 2004.

"Quan, the former Cal Poly Pomona campus police chief who was non-retained, filed this action complaining that he was terminated because he objected to hiring an African American female," according to California State University documents.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ya know, this just doesn't make any sense at all, come to think of it. I mean Dorner can NEVER get his life back at this point. He's done. The more I think about it, the more it smells like a trap. If there's one thing the police are good at, it's setting traps and infiltration. Problem is, Dorner's much too smart to fall for it. He's a cop himself. Nah, Dorner's gonna make them pay in blood and see this to the grave no matter what me thinks...

He made himself the most notorious and dreaded criminal because he knew that he would have the brightest spotlights. I wonder what's being talked about around the water coolers of every L.A precinct, and beyond? Fairly heroic in my opinion.

<<   2  3 >>

join