It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Happenings of Jerry Wells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Let me preface this, I am not a believer nor disbeliever. In fact I am researching the paranormal on my own to try to discover the truth behind the paranormal phenomenon.

Upon stumbling my way through youtube I found my way onto this guy's videos. I find them interesting and I wanted to post a couple of them here to get analysis from the ATS collective. I searched here to see if anyone has posted a topic on Jerry Wells and I could not find one. So please forgive me if there is a thread out there somewhere already on this topic.

I do not know very much about this youtuber and figured someone here may have more information on this case. In the videos they say paranormal teams have researched them but I have not found any. So any info on this is welcomed.

Warning:Some Explicit Language in 2nd video.

Link to the rest of his videos(playlist 8 videos): www.youtube.com...

edit on 2/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: add

edit on 2/9/2013 by mcx1942 because: typing error

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Regardless if this is ‘true’ or not? The psychological damage these people are doing to that little girl is criminal.

If it is true - the adults really handled the situation extremely badly. If it’s not true - hell, they're so rotten pathetic.

I’ll be coming back to the thread to check what others have to say about the ‘paranormal’ aspect. As for me? I’ve seen to many things in my own home that I wouldn’t even dream of trying to share or explain here on ATS so I’ll be the last to judge that end of it.

S&F and a belated Welcome to ATS!

peace

edit on 9-2-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I completely agree with your view about the children, real or not, I feel I would handle this very different if my children were involved. They claim they have moved several times and this entity follows them from place to place

I have only been researching the paranormal for about 6 months and I have never seen these videos until last night so I was hoping someone here with more experience may have insight to this case.

Also thank you for the welcome!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I smell fakery...the tap seemed to be bypassed. The rest could be easily 'rigged' IMHO.

The tap is the giveaway. What people do when they're bored

Poor children

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
After watching a couple of videos I conclude them to be fake. I actually chuckled when those kitchen drawers went nuts. I get a sense of them all acting. The curse of the Paranormal Activity copy-cat franchise continues with this kind of poor entertainment.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I call Hoax. The most logical position of the person holding the camera would have been facing the children and the cake with their back to the sink. But they are in the corner, in a perfect position to catch the upcoming fakery. Also the camera just happens to be focused on the exact location for every "ghost" movement as it's happening. The sink, the drawers, the person never has to quickly move the camera to catch the events. Because they already know where and when it's going to occur.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Damn thats a thirsty ghost. I think its fake, I believe in the paranormal from having trust in my nan's old tales from when she used to live in London. Just something about it lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Awesome! This is why I love ATS. Fresh perspectives is always a good thing.

The point about her not facing the children whilst filming for a birthday party I think is spot on. I didn't even think about where the camera person was filming from. I am not an engineer but I would imagine it would be relatively easy to attach some sort of pneumatics to the drawers. The tap would be even easier I would imagine as well.

Thank you for all the input.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking it's a dramatic movie made in found-video style personally and I find them entertaining and well acted.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
after watching the birthday video, I also think it's faked. there seems to be a lot of focus on the website written on the back of the child's shirt. strange vantage point for capturing your kid blowing out her candles. any ways yeah I call shenanigans!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I too feel these are faked videos.

The first video, as others have said, the birthday girl is faced away from the camera. In fact, I don't even think it shows her face at all. Wouldn't that be the most important thing to show? The kids seem like they are standing there waiting for something and I don't think it's cake. Plus, the mother's reactions seemed pretty dramatic and unrealistic.

During the second video, things conveniently happened once someone left the room. For example, the guy in the red shirt makes some instant coffee and then sends his wife into the living room to get him a coke? She wanders around looking for a coat, comes back, and the microwave is sparking. Great time to throw something metal in an old microwave and call it ghost activity. After it happens, they just sit down and start talking again like it never happened. If my microwave spontaneously did that I would have been all over it. It probably wouldn't have kept sitting in my kitchen either.

Then the man walks into the living room where apparently more things happen but aren't shown on camera. Once again, the woman's reactions seem overly dramatic and unrealistic throughout the video.

My guess is they have seen Ghost Hunters a bunch of times and decided this would be a money maker.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There's a few things that stand out to me in this video.

First, the woman with the camera, presumably the mother of the daughter, is sitting in a corner like all other relatives except for the children. I did notice that next to her was an ashtray that had a few butts in it. It looked as if she had been stationed there for a lot of the night.

What I do find a little odd was the woman who's back was to us in the birthday the entire time had a shirt on with a web address on it. I found that to be a possibility of free advertising. Has anyone checked that out yet?

I personally found the acting, if it was that, very realistic. The reaction to when things happen were "not again! This will ruin everything." It sounded as if it has happened before and the girl ran over, seemingly crying to her uncle.

I'm on the fence about this. Need to take a little more time reviewing and doing some research.

Edit: Around 4:42 in the second video, does it sound as if she forgot her lines? :-)

"Its, Its, Its, Its" aww crap, I forgot!
edit on 12-2-2013 by Azjazzer8 because: Noticed something!

top topics

join