It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is guardianship a preperation for something more sinister?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have been quiet on this forum for a while a huge reason is I am in the middle of a court case with a friend I can't dicuss all the details on here but I have been thinking. My friend is on guardianship and basically he has lost all his rights. He can't marry, vote, complain, decide where he lives, chose who he dates or associates with or sign contracts. His IQ is on the low side at 85 and he has high functioning autism. To date he has been forced out of his home into a "care" unit with severely mentally unstable people. He has been assualted and even told he can't have any vistors except his father 2 hours once a week.
This got me to thinking if guardianship and the practices associated with it is just practice for a more sinister plan? Hitler isolated the Jews but also started to include other groups in his crimes against humanity. You must never forget what hilter did was all legal. Recently there was a law passed that allowed for american citzens to be detianed against their will.
Everyone thinks that concentration camps are here in america but I think it is a bit more complex than that. We already have places where american citzens are held captive legally and these places are horrid. I mean how would you like to eat semi raw food, have only a thin sheet in the dead of winter and your room smells like urine? This may be a test to see if citzens if the USA will allow this to happen with one group. If people don't stand up it could be anyone.
His guardian came for him right as he was walking out the door to work. Next thing he knows he is being transported very quickly against his will. He did not sign or agree to anything,. This man is comptent enough to know this is wrong and he does not belong in this care unit. He took care of himself and even helped me a few times. He has a lawyer and has so many plans to figure out how to get out. They are all good solid plans which I can't discuss on here. He even meet with me once in private and we did not get caught. A man who planned everything so perfectly where he is in a place with security is not someone who belongs with mentally unstable people.
What does everyone think of guardianship in the USA or any other country? What do you think the government is up to?
I have been threatened to be arrested if I see him and so have several others. His PA told me they can follow me around if they want.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My friend is 28 and an adult. He is not even remotely like a child in his mind in fact he is more senstive but that is just his personality. This has made me scared this whole situation I hope this kind of stuff is stopped somehow.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

It looks like it is diffident in every state, but generally it is a step to a type of funding for an individual unable to financially or otherwise care for themselves. Looks like usually the family signs the papers and lets the state take control when a child reaches 18 and they no longer are willing to take the responsibility.

Guardianship of the person can take one of two forms: General or Limited. General Guardianship sometimes referred to as ‘plenary’ guardianship appropriate for people who have been found incapable of making or expressing any decisions Limited Guardianship covers decision-making around residential, educational, medical, legal, vocational, and financial issues. Appropriate for people who have been found capable of making and expressing some, but not all, decisi

www.state.nj.us...

It sounds as though they are treating your friend as though he is violent. His rights may be, being violated and there may be a free layer that could help if he indeed is aware and able and non violent as you say.

Also if there are drugs or medication involved, that could be a reason to intervene if someone is found no capable of taking their medication.

But no I don't think this is part of a larger plan myself.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Regardless it is wrong and needs to be fixed somehow. How do we fix this problem. Anyone can get a guardian it is not that hard. All that has to be done is for one person to complain and then without medical proof a judge can make that person a ward of the state.
I personally believe people should be free. Instead of taking away rights to "protect" people would should provide support systems that help them reach their full potential. The guardians are usually lawyers who have no knowledge of psychology or health/well being.
If my friend is hurt of even dies in there the guardian has no accountablity or so she says. It almost seems like her reach is God like. She knows a lot about me that I never even told her.

Through this whole thing my eyes have been opened to how far the government's reach is and what can happen to a person.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This reminds me of the foster care industry, where children are taken away from their homes and put into foster care homes, where they are typically neglected, and left at the mercy of their foster care siblings/fellow inmates.

All of these government functions pay very well for those who join the system.

It is all up there with growing expansion of the regulation of the individual, where mistakes are criminalizes, and extremely subjective actions are interpreted as crimes in the name of public safety.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Funny how I have done nothing but help my friend yet his guardian says I am not good for him? I gave him lunches and even bought him food when they depraved him of his paycheck. He goes to work yet sees none of his paycheck ever.
The group home and guardians get EVERYTHING. He wanted to get married but now his poor gf worries sick about him everyday. She went to the police when he was assualted and the police did nothing after taking to the place he was in.
What is scary is a person is not protected in there at all. Whatever happens to you; happens to you. If you die oh well they find another victim.
None of this makes sense and it depressed me knowing I live in a society that allows this to happen to people.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

This does sound sinister to me,and whichever way i look at it,reprehensible.I really hope your friend can find a way out of this.May i ask,was there a specific reason he was put under guardianship? This whole thing sounds wrong to me,i mean to work and have another party get your salary,is slavery,plain and simple.Or working on a chain gang,really,as a prisoner of the state?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

He has autism. He was living with his father who was abusive yet he was young so he was having hard time getting an apartment. His mom who lives in another state reported to the state that her son was disabled and being abused. Instead of helping him get his own apartment right away the appoint a guardian for him without medical proof.
His mother had no idea this was what would happen.
I had a similar situation myself I lived with my father who was abusive. I felt trapped because no one would approve for an apartment because low income and no prior rental history. I was almost appointed a guardian myself and put in a group home because I was deemed not fit to care for myself because I was 31 and lived with my father.
I was able to prove that I could do it by getting out and in one day I found an apartment. It took all day long and a higher deposit but I was able to save myself. I also enrolled in college.
Since my friend did not go to college nor did he drive he was unable to save himself in time.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well what we are presented with sounds sinister but it also sounds like only one side of the story. It seems you are leaving out an awful lot of details.

I find it odd that this normal man just had someone complain about him and the State assigned a guardian based on just that.

What is the other side arguing in court?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Believe me it is about money. They get state grants for each person who is on guardianship. He was assigned a guardian simply due to the fact he had autism and was being abused that simple. they presented to him as a way to be saved from his situation. His dad yelled a lot and was controlling but never hit him. I agree he should have been taken out of that situation but not appointed a full guardian. The guardian should be helping him not holding him back.
Limited guardianship would have been a bit better but it should be a friend or a relative someone who cares about him. It was supposed to be in his best interest to protect them that is basically the arguement from the other side. If this is true than why he is allowed to see his "absuive' father who they deemed abusive but no one else.
He wants to become an auto mechanic and is very good with cars but he can't. He wants to marry and even has picked out apartments in his price range. He can go on and on about his goals and his competancies. My friend is an amazing strong man.
edit on 9-2-2013 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here is a follow up. His guardian was fired. If everything was so above board then why did this guardian get fired?
This is an appointed position. They did an investigation on her and found she did a lot wrong. Maybe it is not a bigger plan but a simple mismangaed guardian system. He is now in another state with a family member. He still has no rights but at least this family cares. He can't decide what he wants in his own life. It is so sad. I hope one day we realize we are teaching the young people in our society to depend more and more on the state or others. Instead of teaching him how to take care of himself they take away his ablity to do so.

new topics

top topics

join