It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought Obama wouldn't tax the poor or the middle class?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yep lets be like Norway!!!!

But that's still less than half the $9.28 per gallon paid in Oslo, according to Din Side, a Norwegian search and news site that monitors gas prices, among other things.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

You Thought Wrong! Full Faith and Credit of the US Govt. means one thing...the US Govt will tax the citzenry to death to pay its debts.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

But that's still less than half the $9.28 per gallon paid in Oslo, according to Din Side, a Norwegian search and news site that monitors gas prices, among other things.

money.cnn.com...

Norway has one of the highest standards of living in the world so......

I wouldn't mind.

Higher than the US..

At least they have a middle class.

edit on 9-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Agreed. I did know that Bush enacted the cuts.

He didn't, that guys is wrong.

That must be why the MSM is always referring to them as "the Bush tax cuts".

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You see, the globetrotters are owned by the same people that own the washington generals. The crowd gets a show and cheer even if the game is rigged and the outcome is determined by the teams' owner. Republicans and Democrats are just like that. Democrats are the "good cops", Republicans the "bad cops". Both differ in their approach and in the treatment you might get, but the end goal is the same and it is not in your benefit. Gay marriage, abortions, all minor distractions when the end game is tyrannical, authoritarian empire with two classes; the billionaires and the submissive, quasi-slave unwashed masses. Divide and conquer through partisanship and propaganda while furthering the plutocrats' agenda. Obama, Bush, Romney are all PR muppets and nothing more.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Originally posted by neo96

money.cnn.com...

Norway has one of the highest standards of living in the world so......

I wouldn't mind.

Higher than the US..

At least they have a middle class.

edit on 9-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

With the amount of wealth they have per person, they should be blowing the U.S. out of the water, but they aren't. You can't compare compare a country with over 350 Million with a country of 5 Million that has almost endless resources.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sasquatch5100

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The raise is not a raise...it states clearly that it was part of a temp stimulus that artificially lowered taxes a bit on payroll for awhile...it was set to expire, yes..it needs to expire.

what the hell is wrong with people. if you get a coupon for a dollar off a 3 dollar burger, you get a burger for 2 bucks and eat happily...
you don't then expect forever the burger will be 2 bucks...get over it you morons..see, this is the entitlement bs people claim...give a quick stimulus injection and suddenly you want it forever.

Hense why the entitlement party (the republicans) have been demanding the bush stimulus tax cuts are made permanent.
(see what I did there?)

So no, in this regard, Obama didn't lie...people are just not paying attention.
edit on 9-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

the (entitlement republicans)? DC taxes payroll and our pay and you think we shouldn't have a problem with these taxes going up? temporary my ***, that tax shouldn't even be there. we're taxed too much as it is. how do you get the republicans are the entitlement party because they let us keep more of our money? i'm not a republican cheerleader either because they're too weak but how do you equate that? we make it, DC wastes it and then asks for more.. how on earth can you be ok with that?

they will never have enough money... ie present day Europe, and history will repeat the idiocy of progressive
policies because of stupidity and lies!!!

ps.. and no i did not see what you did there.

Name 10 programs that can be cut that most of the US would agree to
or even the majority.

Caveat...it must be 10 programs that either you or your immediate family uses..such as SS or medicare...no just saying stop everything you personally don't use...it must be equal sacrifice..

Roads are fair game...since you probably use it.
We should be using horses anyhow..or perhaps roadworks should be a public thing (nothing like a toll booth on every street corner)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We went to H&R Block and had our taxes done last week. All the preparers were talking about how they expect a lot of upset people next year when the Obamacare TAX kicks in .. and all the people who think they are getting free health care will instead get hit with tax penalties because they didnt' go out and buy the product (health care) mandated by Obama.

Expect lots and lots of ticked off people next Feb-Apr when they go to do their taxes.

And lots and lots of new conservative voters in the 2014 mid-terms as a result!

Let's see Obama do anything with a GOP House and Senate.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'd like to field my idea for this. I'd start by lopping off a good $400 - $500 billion from the military budget. I would then take about half of that and invest it into infrastructure improvements; the other half I would put towards the debt. Create jobs rebuilding our roads, bridges, sewers, parks, etc. As more and more people become employed, we can naturally start reducing the social services budget and weening people off of government assistance. This newly freed up money can then go to educate and help fund these newly employed to start business once these public works contracts expire. As more and more businesses open, they are able to hire more and more people, further reducing the need for social programs. At this point we can start speeding up the weening process by backing off the money being invested to help the people become employed (if the people have already created the businesses and are employed they obviously won't need the assistance anymore). The target goal of course being that the social program funds should be at least half of what they are now. This newly freed up money would then also go to pay down the debt.

This plan of mine effectively reduces military spending by over half while still having the biggest military budget in the world, cuts entitlement programs by over half, AND improves our infrastructure. But of course my plan won't ever be implemented, it requires our military industrial complex to slow down. Which they have no intention of letting happen.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I thought Obama wouldn't tax the poor or the middle class?

You thought wrong, as I am sure many who voted for him have seen.

S&F

There have been folks on here warning of that for the last few years.

When he was first elected he passed a tax on roll your own cigarette tobacco. The price of a can shot up from about 10$ to about 30$. 99.99% of folks that rool their own fall into the lower income areas. Anyway that move there was all one needed to know about what would come down the pike someday. And this taxing of the rich deal of late, the evil 1% getting theirs was just to make you feel better when you got yours.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by AwakeinNM

Agreed. I did know that Bush enacted the cuts.

He didn't, that guys is wrong.

That must be why the MSM is always referring to them as "the Bush tax cuts".

Holy crap, the ignorance is unbelievable.

This thread is about the Social Security tax holiday that was passed in 2010 for one year, extended in 2011, and expired Jan 2013.

This thread is NOT about the Bush tax cuts.

It's really disconcerting that people participate in political discussions when they have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

This is not a tax increase in social security taxes.

As a part of the Economic Stimulus Package by the Obama Administration, there was a two year break on the employee portion of SS contributions. If you had looked at your pay check you would have seen that your employer was paying in at a higher rate then you were. It has always been an even split between employee and employer contributions. The total amount paid in is 13% of gross social security wages 6.5 % paid my the employee and 6.5 % paid by the employer. NOTE that YOU only pay 6.5 % - do not call this a 13% tax on YOU. I believe the stimulus was 2.0% off the employee portion (your employer still paid in the full amount) and it expired on January 1 of this year.

That extra money you had over the last two years was a FREE BONUS that you received from the Obama Administration.

I was against it at the time becuase I knew that people would whine and complain about this when it expired. \

I'm appalled that a major newspaper is twisting this situation to create anger and rage amongst those who don't pay attention to this stuff (most of us).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I railed against Bush when he sat in a school on 9/11/01 for a few minutes before getting up and leaving. He stated it was because he didn't want to alarm the children by rushing out of the door. I called that BS at the time and I still call it BS now. In reality he was crapping a load in his shorts because he realized how badly he dropped the ball, and anyone who doesn't recognize that is blind.

Now I know many here railed along with me against Bush for that inaction, hell Moore even made a multi-million dollar gross at the box office over that moment; but if those same people are now making excuses about Obama for his inaction on 9/11/12, and subsequent fairy tales over the matter including a ridiculous claim that it was caused by youtube more than a week later in front of the UN, you are a hypocrite and a stooge blinded to a greater degree than even the most ardent Bush supporter.

On my car I have a Buck Fush bumper sticker on the right side and a Buck Ofama sticker on the left.

Overall though, I think Obama's been far worse. Obama's 2012 NDAA is Bush's treasonous Patriot Act on freaking steroids. And speaking of the Bush Patriot Act (which candidate Obama didn't support) the moment Obama, within weeks of his inauguration, not only resigned but strengthened Bush's Patriot Act I knew we were up crap creek as a country and he was an out and out phony.

www.rawstory.com...

How any body can stand to defend this traitor is beyond me. He's not a traitor to Republicans, he's a traitor to those that voted for him and trusted him...the way he's acting is exactly how the Republicans said he would act, so he's not a traitor to them as traitor by definition involves broken trust. If they never trusted him he can't betray them.

Under Bush we were authorizing ridiculous foreign wire taps and water boarding. That was terrible. Under Obama we're talking about dead US ambassadors, detention of American civilians with out any notification or due process including within US borders, executive kill lists of American civilians, removing a citizens last line of defense from such encroachments, and trillion dollar coins.

For the love of God, woman, and child the Obama sheople need to wake the eff up, he's using you to bury you! His lies regarding Benghazi and Fast and Furious are the most silent of the wake up calls, but wake up calls none the less.You were duped, suck it up and admit it and quit with the self denial in favor of this man or it will be to everyone's demise and it will be your demise first...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
this whole f ing thing is a sham anyway, several large companies burried this country, two solutions

1 make the people who had no clue what was going, no chance to stop what was going, no chance to influence what was going, and not making any profit from what was going on, PAY FOR EVERYTHING.

2 disolve the several large campanies and destroy the debt because it was done on purpose to put us in the position we are in now so was not done in good faith from the start and should be ABOLISHED and disolved and anyone involved sent to prison to pay for crimes commited against america under treason and terrorism.

if you were a bought governmnet which one would you choose?

now ask yourself.......... has your government been bought?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What a load of absolute nonsense, OP. I don't know whether you bothered to look at the USD chart before assuming this article was based in reality, but the value of the dollar has IN-creased during the Obama presidency, not De-creased. We aren't losing Purchasing power rom the printing of money. Also, it wasn't Obama's choice to allow the temporary payroll tax to expire. In case you hadn't noticed, the House of Representatives, controlled by Republicans, demanded that concession in order to agree to renew the income tax cuts which were set to expire.

Its true, more money is coming out of paychecks, but the blame doesn't lie with Obama - in fact, it was either that or a much larger increase in the form of higher income tax rates. Also, the value of the dollar is increasing, which is the opposite of what the referenced article states.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You thought Obamalamadingdong wouldn't tax EVERYBODY? You're kidding right? He created class warfare and started a huge smackdown of the wealthy as if its their fault the government can't live within its means, then taxed everyone. Guess what? He's doing just what he said he'd do - spend more of our tax dollars and tax more of our income. Do you see where he's taking us? It's clear to me and that's why I did not vote for him.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here's a simple economic equation to explain what the OP is saying:

Government Spending > Taxes = (-) Savings + (-) Investments

Basically, when this happens for and extended time the difference is made up by borrowing. AKA QE Infinity.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
what little tax the poor do pay.... the illegals and welfare class get back in resources, child care credits, food stamps
Earned income credits generally are a $4k bonanza for most of the nonconventional households at tax refund season

even the middle class, well at least the 1st tier of 'middle class' are accessing resources like the EBT food stamp 'entitlement' the EB T program delivery system administered by a few of the TBTF banks now have close to 50 million recipients--- up from the 20~ million or so that were sponsered when President Øbama took office in 2008

Mexico is even being bombed with american guarantees that free food and health resources, also easy drivers licenses and immediate voting rights are their for the taking IF they will only join the northern migration to the USA

the $1.3 trillion deficits are paying for undeserved entitlements along with unethical, unwarrented conflicts and assassination drones all oiver the world... the 'Lotus Eater' party voters get more than their fair share thats foe sure
edit on 10-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Health care taxes are going up next year as well thanks to Obama and his supporters. I think the secret plan is to make employer sponsored health insurance not be competitive due to high taxes owed the government so that everyone ends up on an expensive government plan. If you don't sign up for insurance, thanks to Obama, you'll have to pay thousands depending upon your family size. The Supreme Court said it was a tax and all perfectly legal.

But if you actually poor you will be paying nothing. Another lie.

FICA taxes are at the exact same level as when Obama took office.

If people would stop to think instead of just hate we wouldn't have to constantly correct them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The payroll tax isn't an increase...it is a return to normal.

The Right Wing complained when Obama put this payroll tax relief into place because they cried about the deficit...now it expires (like it always was supposed to), and they are acting outraged and surprised by it.

If any of you in this thread are outraged or surprised that the payroll tax went back to normal...you only have your own ignorance to blame, because everyone should have known that this was TEMPORARY.

Already plenty of threads on Obama's tax INCREASE!! Ask him why he neglected to extend his tax holiday to continue to benefit the Middle Class that he claims to fight for... He could have extended it but let it go.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back to normal. Give me a break... There is no normal any longer. Just like Obama's unemployment numbers when he was sworn in for the second term. 7.8% Back to "normal" just were he was when he started his first term. NET ZERO... from a man who pledged to SLASH the deficit in half in his first term... create new jobs on top of existing jobs to actually stop the LOSS!!... So many things to be proud of...

edit on 10-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join