It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought Obama wouldn't tax the poor or the middle class?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
The payroll tax isn't an increase...it is a return to normal.

The Right Wing complained when Obama put this payroll tax relief into place because they cried about the deficit...now it expires (like it always was supposed to), and they are acting outraged and surprised by it.

If any of you in this thread are outraged or surprised that the payroll tax went back to normal...you only have your own ignorance to blame, because everyone should have known that this was TEMPORARY.

You may be accurate, but you are still apologizing for Obama. You know what would have been better for the economy? Lowering the tax rates even further.

But to tax and spend communists, that's not really something they can comprehend.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You may be accurate, but you are still apologizing for Obama. You know what would have been better for the economy? Lowering the tax rates even further.

But to tax and spend communists, that's not really something they can comprehend.

Apologizing? Really? I'm not apologizing, I'm supporting....I think he has done a great job....nothing to apologize for.

I tend not to care what mis-informed rage haters think about Obama policies...but I'm a humanitarian, so I try to give them some knowledge so they don't walk throught life completely ignorant.

What really would have been better is to keep the 2% cut for the employees and add it to the employers share of SS tax. But let me guess...the poor small business owners....it would destroy them....right?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They waterboarded 3 guys and all of them are still alive yet Liberals call for the impeachment of AG Gonzalez. Holder gives Obama more and more legal cover for drone strikes that kill innocent children and Holder and Obama walks on water.

Obama is hurting the poor and middle class in this economy while the "evil rich" get filthy as the Fed floods the market with cheap dollars. This is partly why there's this up and down boom on Wall Street. Corporations are flooded with these cheap dollars which inflates the value of their company. A bust will occur when these companies tumble to their true value and then crooked Politicians will cry about a financial crisis they created.

Obamacare isn't about the uninsured but rationing healthcare especially to the elderly and the disabled who use a lot of healthcare. They will ration healthcare through reimbursement rates. Before, Congress would set reimbursement rates and the individual would shop for a Doctor who would accept the reimbursement rates. Now they will attach reimbursement rates to specific procedures. Say you have the elderly getting a certain procedure a thousand times a year. This IPAB board thinks it's too much, so all they do is set the reimbursement rate to cover 400 procedures and then the reimbursement rate drops so low that the elderly can't find a Dr. to do the procedure. So the IPAB will stop 600 Seniors from getting a procedure they usually get.

The reality is that the IPAB represents an unprecedented shift of power from individual Americans and their families to a centralized authority, a controlling Board of political appointees that is virtually unaccountable, and destined to become President Obama’s version of the NICE rationing board in Britain’s socialized medical system, the National Health Service.

But wait – President Obama and the ACA supporters point to specific language in the ACA law that explicitly prohibits “rationing.” Beyond the obvious – the absence of any definition of rationing in the law – is that this is implausible deniability, since all evidence points to the de facto rationing that will clearly result from IPAB’s dramatic payment cuts to doctors and hospitals.

But what about the claim by Obama supporters that rationing by the IPAB in government insurance is no different from having private insurance, where coverage can be denied?

www.forbes.com...

So, Politicians will say we're not rationing healthcare but they are. They ration the reimbursement rates to Doctors and Hospitals who provide Healthcare services.

Also, Medicare isn't an insurance company but a reimbursement program. Obama and Democrats would say, insurance companies do this all the time. I thought you hated the "evil insurance companies" for this very reason. Remember Obama talking about his mother fighting with the insurance company? The sad part about this is those who are rationed healthcare by the IPAB will have no recourse.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
According to the IRS, the cheapest insurance policy that the government will offer will be 20k a year for an average family. The fines for not buying insurance will eventually go higher than that. The National Healthcare will be slowly put in place over several years so that you don't notice how literally screwed you are until it's too late.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
According to the IRS, the cheapest insurance policy that the government will offer will be 20k a year for an average family.

Rubbish!!

The IRS used 20k as an example.

The 20k was spun in a previous thread and roundly debunked.

The IRS do not sell Health Insurance so do not know what the cheapest policy will be.

Thanks for using the Conservative Entertainment Complex propaganda. Rupert Murdoch would be proud.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Thanks for voting for the largest tax increase in American history and the inevitable bankruptcy of America

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Thanks for voting for the largest tax increase in American history and the inevitable bankruptcy of America

What are you talking about?

I was still living in the UK when Reagan got elected.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Then you don't have a horse in this race and should butt out of America's business. Maybe go polish your chains.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

The Right Wing complained when Obama put this payroll tax relief into place because they cried about the deficit...now it expires (like it always was supposed to), and they are acting outraged and surprised by it.

If any of you in this thread are outraged or surprised that the payroll tax went back to normal...you only have your own ignorance to blame, because everyone should have known that this was TEMPORARY.

Actually. He is not right. Bush put the tax cuts in place a looooong time ago. Obama merely extended them up until now.

Where this guy is correct is that conservatives (real ones) are an "entitlement" party. They know that people are entitled to keep their own money.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Your OP seems to infer that Pres. Obama chose the payroll tax holiday? Just the opposite. Did you follow the fiscal cliff negotiations?

It just seems strange that the GOP House, who actually constructed the legislation, once again brought us to the brink and demanded the increase in payroll tax are the ones trying to claim it was the Presidents idea to eliminate it?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48pm EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a turnabout from a year ago, some Republican lawmakers say they are open to backing President Barack Obama's proposal to extend the payroll tax cut for a third year, possibly bringing the sides closer to a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff.

www.reuters.com...

Alas the counter proposal that Boehner could produce did not include the extension that Pres. Obama proposed.

John Boehner Fiscal Cliff Proposal Includes Payroll Tax Hike

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans on Monday introduced a counter-offer to President Barack Obama's proposed solution to the so-called fiscal cliff, trumpeting that the proposal would not raise tax rates on personal income. The plan does, however, include a sizeable tax hike.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) would allow the payroll tax cut to expire at the end of this year, an aide in his office told The Huffington Post. That would save the government an estimated $110 billion over 10 years, his office projected.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now...you can argue that the President could have Vetoed the bill...But the Payroll tax would have expired anyways in that circumstance..along with full on sequester consequences.

So this was squarely in the hands of the House GOP to extend it...The President proposed it, they refused and the best offer they could make was the last minute half-ass bill they passed.

Confused on how you are seeing this?
edit on 9-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Actually. He is not right. Bush put the tax cuts in place a looooong time ago. Obama merely extended them up until now.

Where this guy is correct is that conservatives (real ones) are an "entitlement" party. They know that people are entitled to keep their own money.

Agreed. I did know that Bush enacted the cuts.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Obama always intended to tax the middle class. The basic math of what he was advocating made that relatively obvious. We have an electorate who voted based on emotion rather than common sense. Folks who wanted a "cool" president, someone who made them feel good and they believed his promises.

Obama will continue to raise taxes until every city in the US looks like Detroit because otherwise its not fair to the people who live in Detroit. That is his world view, its what he believes and its always what he intended.

I love the folks who are now shocked at tiny bit of additional cash the government is taking out of their paychecks and this is just the warm-up. Reminds me of the person who, gets loaded, takes home a person of the opposite sex because they think they are fantastically good looking and then wake up next to someone who looks like Rosanne Barr with acne.

Buckle down and wait, because its only going to get worse unless the House has the stones to let the automatic cuts go into effect, which of course they should.

All of this BS about "our national security will be harmed", "we're taking food out of the mouths of babies", "these cuts are going to devastate minorities" and all of the other rubbish is just that, rubbish. How many folks are working in a place where there have been massive budget cuts yet those folks who were not laid off don't simply keep the same job, they get all of the other work that was done by those who were laid off spread amongst them. The goals of the company don't get lowered, the folks who remain don't get more cash for doing more work, they suck it up and work an extra few hours a day. What happens, in the vast majority of cases, the company is OK. They get creative, they cut waste and work that was not critical, they get the job done in the private sector. My company just cut their annual budget by 30% with significant layoffs. Did our goals change, nope, are we selling less or to fewer people? nope.

It would be fantastic to see a bunch of private equity folks go into a government agency in the same manner they go into a company they buy with a bunch of jack booted lawyers and MBAs folks to rip out all of the waste, blow out the under performers, put competent management in place and all of the other these folks who make a ton of money do. The irony is that those are exactly the skills that the government does not have and desperately needs. The very people who the government hates (unless they are spiffing them) are exactly the people the government needs. The government employee unions would love that.

The vast majority of the executive branch should be simply told to go home and not come back to work. Keep paying them and give them benefits for a year, clean out the facilities, shut them down, sell them, give them away or raze them. Take all of the savings after two years and distribute it out to the states on a per-capita basis and be done with it.

The best thing anyone can do is what ever they can to avoid taxes. Not cheat on them, but avoid them. Don't take a raise, negotiate for an extra week of vacation if you can. Defer income if you can, barter with others, take pay under the table, what ever you can.

The other thing is to not spend a dime that you don't have to. Don't feed the beast, drive down economic activity until the situation becomes so dire that something simply has to be done. It will need to get much worse before it gets any better.

Trying to make this entire agenda successful is unpatriotic, plain and simple

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

d he's our Dad

Hey, Dad can I take air force one to Europe? No son,

Awe but Daddddd.

Hey, Dad can we go skeet shooting? No son guns are evil.

Awe but dadddd.

Hey dad how come you said water boarding was evil, but use drones to kill people ? Well son i just said whatever I wanted to get elected.

Hey dad how come you said the Bush tax cuts only benefited the middle class? Well son said that too just to get elected.

Now go to your room an finished your home work so you can be a lawyer just like me.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Another example of Obama worship. Obama didn't want the extension and I never claimed the Republicans wanted it either. This is why you shouldn't have done it in the first place. This is because people will beging to build their family finances around this just to have the rug pulled out from under them. I know the mantra from Obama worshippers is that he's perfect but he's just a crooked Chicago Politician.

I personally believe all Politicians are corrupt because of the power they have. Luckily, the Founders tied there hands and restrained them. So when I hear Obama say in a 2001 radio interview that the Constitution is fundamentally flawed because it restrains Govt. and doesn't talk about the redistribution of wealth, red flags go up.

When Obama supports drone strikes that kill innocent children, red flags go up.

When the Fed under Obama is flooding the market with cheap dollars that make the "evil rich" filthy rich, red flags.

The problem is Republicans act like Politicians with an R next to their names are pure and Democrats act like a Politician with a D next to their name is pure.

It's worse with Obama, because everything he does is covered by his race. As a black man, that makes me sick.

From the New York Times, not the New York Post:

The tax break, which was pushed by the White House to stimulate spending in 2011 and extended in 2012, was always supposed to be temporary. But with pressure building in Washington to reduce the deficit and politicians fighting bitterly over whether to raise taxes on the very rich, the question of how the increase in Social Security taxes would affect the poorest workers did not seem to garner much debate on either side of the aisle.

“I don’t see any reason to consider supporting its extension,” said Timothy F. Geithner, the Treasury secretary, in testimony last year. Even Nancy Pelosi, a reliable liberal who leads the Democratic minority in the House of Representatives, was for letting it expire.

www.nytimes.com...

Who does Timothy Geithner work for?

The reason why Politicians get away with so much is because of sychophants who follow and make excuses for them.

The Payroll tax cuts should have never been passed in this horrible economy because people would build their finances around these cuts. So this serves no purpose but to hurt the very people you claim to be helping.

Now it becomes regressive and the reason Democrats don't want it is because it takes from S.S. and Medicare trust funds.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

This thread is about the payroll tax cuts from Obama...not the Bush income tax cuts.

Get your facts straight, saves you from looking foolish.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Agreed. I did know that Bush enacted the cuts.

He didn't, that guys is wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

He should be taxing the banks and corporations..Not the people.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The raise is not a raise...it states clearly that it was part of a temp stimulus that artificially lowered taxes a bit on payroll for awhile...it was set to expire, yes..it needs to expire.

what the hell is wrong with people. if you get a coupon for a dollar off a 3 dollar burger, you get a burger for 2 bucks and eat happily...
you don't then expect forever the burger will be 2 bucks...get over it you morons..see, this is the entitlement bs people claim...give a quick stimulus injection and suddenly you want it forever.

Hense why the entitlement party (the republicans) have been demanding the bush stimulus tax cuts are made permanent.
(see what I did there?)

So no, in this regard, Obama didn't lie...people are just not paying attention.
edit on 9-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

the (entitlement republicans)? DC taxes payroll and our pay and you think we shouldn't have a problem with these taxes going up? temporary my ***, that tax shouldn't even be there. we're taxed too much as it is. how do you get the republicans are the entitlement party because they let us keep more of our money? i'm not a republican cheerleader either because they're too weak but how do you equate that? we make it, DC wastes it and then asks for more.. how on earth can you be ok with that?

they will never have enough money... ie present day Europe, and history will repeat the idiocy of progressive
policies because of stupidity and lies!!!

ps.. and no i did not see what you did there.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Outstandingly well said sir.

People are so caught up in who has what letter behind their name. Republicans and Democrats both stand up and support their own while hypocritically publically denouncing members of the other party who do the exact same thing. The only thing is that, on top of everything else, Obama and his supporters claim racism if you are against anything he says! It was fine when we all were against a Bush administration policy - everyone agreed (except hardcore Republicans), but when Obama does the exact same things (if not worse even) - we are labelled as racist hicks who can't see past Obama's blackness (even though he's half white)!

Americans need to take their damn blinders off and stand together as a non-race defined people and demand an end to this stupid charade and finally elect representatives who will actually represent we the people! Not this show where they publically argue and then behind closed doors toast themselves with brandy and good (illegal) Cuban cigars - smacking each others asses like they just made a touchdown against the opposing team (the citizens).

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

He should be taxing the banks and corporations..Not the people.

The part about VAT and income taxes seems to be missing from the Meme.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join