It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I want host a party, but... PLEASE HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I need to know some info. Well, more like confirm some info.

The legal age in Oklahoma for purchasing alcohol is 21, but it seems as if consuming it in a private setting is different.

Oklahoma - 2,3,4,5,6

1 = On alcohol-selling premises with parental consent

2 = On private non-alcohol-selling premises with parental consent

3 = On private non-alcohol-selling premises without need of parental consent

4 = For religious purposes

5 = For medical purposes

6 = For educational purposes

7 = For governmental purposes

8 = For good Samaritan purposes (reporting alcohol-related medical emergencies of other persons)

www2.potsdam.edu...

This, apparently and shockingly says that minors can consume alcohol in a private setting within my state. Please help me confirm or debunk this.

Disclaimer: I do not plan to knowing supply alcohol to minors, I just want to know what will happen if minors get a hold of alcohol at my party? It will only be beer.

edit on 8-2-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I wouldnt server to a minor, with or without parental consent, you could be sued or if something happened to one or more of them, you could be arrested.
Oh and btw, cross a border to buy your beer, none of that OKLA 3.2 beer

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would not even bother.

I had a huge house party in the 80s. There were so many people there I had complete strangers coming up to me in the street telling me how awesome it was a year later. Some drunk girl fell down my stairs and a guy was selling drugs in my house. I could have potentially gotten in a LOT of trouble if I didn't live out in the boonies with no neighbors.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Regardless of what kind of party, if you are the owner, you are legally responsible for the premises and party goers.

If underage drinking is involved, in most cases you are responsible for any and all actions taken.

Yes, it is legal to consume alcohol in private settings for minors. A lot of parents let their kids drink wine with super at restaurants. It's fairly common around here.

It's a matter of responsibility, just make sure your party goers know the rules set in place and that you throw them out if they start breaking them.

I would suggest ID'ing folks

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Who do i call for clear information on this?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Local police.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Who do i call for clear information on this?

A lawyer.. and keep his number handy, you may need it afterwords.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

edit on 8-2-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Unless a high dollar attorney told me so and was in attendance, I wouldn't serve anyone below the age of 21.
I would also caution you on serving them (the 21+ crowd) as well, if they get drunk at your place and drive off and kill someone.
This may make you in part liable.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You don't need to call anyone. The statutes in your state are pretty clear and I sent you a link for them. Parental consent and supervision on private property. That means everyone's parent's and you will be held liable as well as your parents if the cops come.

I threw parties when I was in high school. You take a chance if its what you want to do but that was sort of the fun in it too. Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies. Whether or not i host a party, i appreciate the help.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Just remember. You are Libel. If something happens while you host the party, you might have to pay for someones actions, as a previous poster said. Be careful.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hey,what the hell .Through the party and let the chips fall will they may.
You are young only once,right.
Until one of those people at your party,underaged or not,goes home a little buzzed and kills someone.

Having a party is not like it use to be.
You might be held accountable.

Food for thought.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks for the reply sonny. I ended up hosting a mini party last night, no alcohol and it was fun. Sorry to get back so late with a reply.

I don't know what i am going to do about the other party yet. I am thinking i will clear it with local police and maybe get them to patrol the area for any drunk driving. I also should probably call up parents and what not. I don't know.

Thank you again for the reply.

top topics

join