It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the answer to the British economic meltdown , a letter to David Cameron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Cameron,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.
Also.....

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Think about this (more points of contention):

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria?

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also;
Think about this ... If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone -- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for us grumpy old folk of Britain to speak up!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
All good except ORDERING people what to buy is bordering on totalitarion

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This was actually doing the rounds a few years ago, but still worth a share. Simple solutions to big problems.

Good point about the cows
For all the illegal immigrants in the country it is still the hardest country in the world to enter legally.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

that is true , but hey we all make sacrifices , and its not the best answer for all of it , but all we seem to do is moan , and lets be honest i don't want to work till im 65 ether, by the age of 50 everyone is given the right to live the lifestyle that we all work towards , it gives everyone an even footing , a light at the end of the tunnel if u will ,

again i say that its just a detailed idea and i feel like there are more good things about it than bad things , and a lot easier way of sorting out the mess that were in

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Nice idea, but I guess somebody needs to say this:

10 million people
1 million GBP each
10 Trillion GBP total cost

$2.480 trillion = 1.569 trillion pounds = 2011 British GDP

Feasible?

(Sorry don't have a pound sign on me keyboard)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
that would lead to widespread unrest and or rioting

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The bit about giving the illegals a cow made me laugh!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I absolutely agree, I'm in my 30's and have to say I dred getting older in this country. My other half and I work have kids and struggle, I can't imagine what it will be like in 10yrs or so, but something needs to change! I really like your suggestions, I mean who wouldn't want £1m to buy a car, clear mortgage and be able to support their kids in education?

I know I would!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tommo2522

If these are your genuine solutions then you are on the fast track on thinking like a Tyrant. You need to really look at the economic math of it all, might take you a month or so to get your calculations in order if you want your solutions to be viable and taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Its a good plan, if you want to create hyperinflation and econimic collapse.

Counter argument, well the bankers get bailout money all the time.
Yes they do, but it never hits the street so inflation is keeped in check slightly

you infuse that large amount of money on the street overnight and you will start extream inflation leading to hyper inflation.

Zimbabwe tried something similar, did not workout to well for them.

It comes down to, things WILL NOT GET BETTER. We are living in one of the most historical times in human history and the show has yet to start. When its all over, we will see a global economic collapse. Its the only logical outcome.

Prepare now!!

edit on 8-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

this thread not meant to be the answer , and as for the comment about doing the maths lets look at how unemployment costs us in benefits , not to mention the fact that the people above 50 get a pay out and then no more money , the 10 million unemployed then go into work , thus getting rid of the benefits system and then in turn boosting the economy massively, the amount that gives us back is around the area of the payout in the long term of the pensions and the benefits , and a more closer look you will see that there are no longer pensions , and benefits , so eventually we will be back in a profit margin , probably quicker that what the government has planned , if this was to happen tomorrow , i recon that in 5 years or so we would have payed back what we spent and then we make money , to take of the debt we already have . which will come down a hell of alot quicker because we wont have the huge out goings that we currently have . among other issues suck as aid we give out and wars that arnt our own , if all these things, were struck off aswell , then we would pay what we owe unbelievably quick , then we would be one of the only countrys in the world that owe nothing out , boom , problem solved , then we lend money out like a wonga lone massive interest. and then again inturn have more money than we can spend on education and medicine and technology , take all them things into consideration and then come bac to me , alothh all the comments above are valued , thanx

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommo2522

this thread not meant to be the answer , and as for the comment about doing the maths lets look at how unemployment costs us in benefits , not to mention the fact that the people above 50 get a pay out and then no more money , the 10 million unemployed then go into work , thus getting rid of the benefits system and then in turn boosting the economy massively, the amount that gives us back is around the area of the payout in the long term of the pensions and the benefits , and a more closer look you will see that there are no longer pensions , and benefits , so eventually we will be back in a profit margin , probably quicker that what the government has planned , if this was to happen tomorrow , i recon that in 5 years or so we would have payed back what we spent and then we make money , to take of the debt we already have . which will come down a hell of alot quicker because we wont have the huge out goings that we currently have . among other issues suck as aid we give out and wars that arnt our own , if all these things, were struck off aswell , then we would pay what we owe unbelievably quick , then we would be one of the only countrys in the world that owe nothing out , boom , problem solved , then we lend money out like a wonga lone massive interest. and then again inturn have more money than we can spend on education and medicine and technology , take all them things into consideration and then come bac to me , alothh all the comments above are valued , thanx

You obviously don’t understand the basic dynamics of money supply and inflation. Ive studied economics my who life. your idea will collapse GB within months. Bread would cost you 50 pounds.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

dude , ur taking this to seriously , i put in general chit chat , ill put it in politics for u lol jk , i get where your coming from there are a lot of things i havent thought of but , hey thats why ur here , ill be cameron u be osbourn haha

top topics

join