It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace Yourselves, CISPA is Back!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I doubt this will go anywhere, it was shot down before and (hopefully) will be shot down again. But if it does go somewhere kiss another one of your rights goodbye.

One by one they drop, just like their bombs...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The Super Koch Brothers will never stop, until the entire Internet is under their control. Then anybody who posts the "wrong" thing can have their Internet access shut off and possibly have a group of banksters come to their house and give them a good beating until they surrender or die.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i dunno if reading this thread before i went to sleep caused this or not, but i had a crazy dream that there was a massive spider web all over the human city in world of warcraft (lol) and that it suddenly froze solid. (the spider web, that is). it had been flapping in the breeze, like spider webs do, but came to an abrupt stand still and froze in place. no movement on the web.
edit on 8-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
State reps that do this should be targeted for voting...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

You are correct in your assumptions. We have moved against the tyranny of CISPA before, and we will do it again.

Put your representatives to work, sign your petitions, exercise your rights, and be secure in your knowledge that we are already on the move.

...You should have Expected Us.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think we all know what time it is...

Dunna nunna nunna nunna
Dunna nunna nunna nunna...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Instead of more laws against freedom, they need to have an Internet and cyber Constitution, calling for freedom of speech. We should have total privacy should we want it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
wtf is cispa

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryyptyk

...You should have Expected Us.

lol, sorry but that was so lame that you said that

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The internet is a cash cow. It's not going anywhere.

Sites like this? Well, the worst that could really happen is that it is no longer an open public forum. Instead we become a closed community that can be further monitored and studied.

Sites like these (forums expressing opinions, ideas, and theories) are a gold mind of brilliancy. It serves no purpose to eradicate them, they just want their fingers in the pie to control knowing who is utilizing said sites. Sites like these help authors write books and movies, scientist think of their work in different, unique ways. All given freely, to share with everyone. No, sites like ATS aren't going anywhere. I'd bet on it.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Being away from the USA for about 8 years now my perspective is a bit different. From my view, it seems to me there are at least 2 freedoms that Americans still care enough about to be vocal (and maybe actionable):

1. Freedom to bear arms (Guns)
2. Freedom of speech (In this case on the Internet)

I would say the US government will have a tough time and will have to play dirty, and maybe even get creative enough to try something new, instead of rehashing the same old fear mongering and scare tactics / false flags and propaganda (lies).

However, I believe the internet (unregulated free speech) will be guarded by citizens as best they can, because it is a normal part of daily life for an increasing amount of the population... similar to guns?

Expect to see more "hacks" appear showing in the MSM. This is to gain awareness about the "danger" or the unregulated internet, and for the government to create laws about it. Especially now with this bill on the docket.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Philippines because: Edit: added - more hacks will happen or at least be spotlighted

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

We already said no, universally and relatively loudly. I suppose these kinds of things just take constant vigilance, all the time, from cradle to grave.

I'm starting to sympathize with the Spartans. Constant attacks from power-grubbing tyrants can surely wear out a man's soul. Is this what my parents signed me up for when they forgot the rubbers? If so, I want out. Get me a ticket for the next shuttle to Mars, please!

Do they think we're stupid? Do they even care that we know what they're trying to do? Or are we so helpless that they can flaunt the button in front of our faces and dance a merry jig while we beg for our intellectual freedom?
edit on 8-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What truly gets my goat is the only time we get "bi-partisanship" from the Repugs and Demos is when they are bending us over a table and having their way with us.

So when we see them quibble over letting someone take a cut out of Social Security or not take a cut, and should we butter the toast on the top or bottom -- that's all part of the show. The Hero and the Nemesis are pre-scripted for professional wrestling.

Whenever we start mentioning that it was the RULES that made the Banksters so rich -- and we can change the rules easy peasy and all of a sudden we aren't too poor again as a country -- well, that's when the specter of Terrorism comes in - - and we've got to throw billions at solutions for people in caves with box cutters (shriek on cue people -- they might one day kill as many as our prescription meds).

We already have a term for this; "Castle Building." Way back in the days of Knights and noble Kings -- they didn't have color coded alerts. What they had was knights that would get kidnapped and need to be ransomed back from the dastardly foreign armies. If everyone isn't so very patriotic that the knight is more important than an extra loaf of bread, well, the dastardly foreign king would attack. And everyone would suddenly feel better about building up the castle walls, and adding a dash of paint -- because "we are all in this security thing together, right?"

Note that other than getting killed by a jealous brother -- the Crown was historically pretty safe from foreign threats. It's all one dysfunctional family if you look at the genealogy. About as inbred as your TV newscasters get. Until Napoleon came around -- the borders didn't seem to change too much either. They'd get pushed this way and that and it always seemed that the most recalcitrant lands would be just the place the enemy liked to attack.

Napoleon kind of screwed up tradition in that he played to win, and pushed populism to pull the people on his side. A message like "more bread" kind of strikes the heart more than patriotism of "our king" or "our football team" if you've been hungry all your life.

Anyway -- if we start noting that the "two kingdoms" in Washington all of a sudden sing a chorus when they are doing things that bring on the Neo-Fuedalism -- I suspect we'll get more shock and awe with the terrorism. Have to inspire everyone to build up those castle walls, right?

The NEXT PROTEST I want to do, will be called "Panic People." And we take turns running around screaming like chickens with our heads cut off -- sure it will be ridiculed, but the point is that it would make people inured to "panic" and it would look silly. The MSM will have to ridicule any movement that has a chance of moving the public -- but they won't realize until it's too late that "ridiculing panic" kind of removes it as a way to manipulate people.

CISPA, CRISPA, SOPA, DOPA -- let's all scream for "ice cream"!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Professional wrestling...I like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Well looks like it's time to start annoying the hell out of our representatives again to get our point acrossed.
Here is a list of House Representatives by state: List
Here is the list of Senators by state: List
edit on 2/7/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

To add to that here's the list of the Reps who vote for and against last year.

Just look at that list and the overwhelming American Republican support for CISPA. Anyone in the U.S. who cares for the internet should think twice (or three times) about calling themselves a Republican, and actively oppose them in local and national elections. The dislike of Obama is strong on some sectors of ATS, yet those same people who oppose Obama and his supporters will hopefully look at this issue - a direct frontal attack on the internet - and see that it's GOP leaders who overtly want to control as much of the free flow of information in the world as they can. Some elected Democratic leaders do also, but at least they are more likely to bend to the pressure of their supporters on this issue..
edit on 7-2-2013 by Aleister because: spelling

When there are something like TEN PARTIES to vote for, not even including the independant candidates, it is foolish and idiotic to vote for the lesser of two very close EVILS! On most of the globalist run elitist agendas the two parties agree.

The system allows change from within and people need to start taking advantage. Ignore mass media as they spout lies, exaggerations, distort any truth to push elitist agenda, omit important information, use silly distractions like pretty girls with low iq's, etc.

What is important exists on the internet. We still have something of a free internet but I doubt it will last long!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well looks like it's time to start annoying the hell out of our representatives again to get our point acrossed.

Just look at that list and the overwhelming American Republican support for CISPA. Anyone in the U.S. who cares for the internet should think twice (or three times) about calling themselves a Republican, and actively oppose them in local and national elections. The dislike of Obama is strong on some sectors of ATS, yet those same people who oppose Obama and his supporters will hopefully look at this issue - a direct frontal attack on the internet - and see that it's GOP leaders who overtly want to control as much of the free flow of information in the world as they can. Some elected Democratic leaders do also, but at least they are more likely to bend to the pressure of their supporters on this issue..

I just wish everyone would stop playing the divide and conquer game of Politics and demand freedom, demand internet freedom, limited government, and real free markets without the crony capitalism. Demand that the federal reserve be put in check. Demand our currency be backed by something, Demand that they scale back militarizing our police and department of homeland security, Demand they follow the constitution, demand that they listen to us. Demand that they balance their budget, Demand that they stop policing the world, demand that they get out of foreign entanglements and put money in to the U.S. instead with our hard earned tax dollars they STEAL from us each year. Demand that we start bringing back the manufacturing jobs so people can get a chance to work again, demand honesty and tell them, "we are fed up, and we're not going to take it anymore"!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The progressives in DC are just following their marching orders to get their ducks in a row.

First, you must have a clampdown on Guns and the Second Amendment so that it is easier to wipe your feet on the First Amendment.

Much easier to regulate free thought and free flow of information if the guns are gone...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The progressives in DC are just following their marching orders to get their ducks in a row.

First, you must have a clampdown on Guns and the Second Amendment so that it is easier to wipe your feet on the First Amendment.

Much easier to regulate free thought and free flow of information if the guns are gone...

In politics MONEY directly equates to freedom of speech, and the global capitalists have plenty of it to grease the hands of the media, who in turn pushes the perpetual duopoly on the naive, unsuspecting, overworked and underpaid sheep.

Guns alone have NEVER won any revolution. Ask the french, russians, colombians, etc. You need solid information and for everyone to more or less be on the same page. In america everyone is blaming liberals for all their problems, while falsely calling them progressives. Progressives do not want to go back to feudalism, that is for liberals and conservatives. Big government by itself is not the problem, although I would prefer a much smaller military and a much smaller espionage complex.
edit on 8/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well, you just know that they will keep revamping and renaming this legislation, and reintroducing it to Congress for passage, and eventually it will pass.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyLIBERTARIAN

I just wish everyone would stop playing the divide and conquer game of Politics and demand freedom, demand internet freedom, limited government, and real free markets without the crony capitalism. Demand that the federal reserve be put in check. Demand our currency be backed by something, Demand that they scale back militarizing our police and department of homeland security, Demand they follow the constitution, demand that they listen to us. Demand that they balance their budget, Demand that they stop policing the world, demand that they get out of foreign entanglements and put money in to the U.S. instead with our hard earned tax dollars they STEAL from us each year. Demand that we start bringing back the manufacturing jobs so people can get a chance to work again, demand honesty and tell them, "we are fed up, and we're not going to take it anymore"!!!!!!!

*Free Trade* such as NAFTA and WTO do not work and are directly responsible for the high unemployment that is plaguing america and europe. Companies given the choice of either staying home or going abroad to save on very cheap labor, will obviously(should be) choose the second. Then the firms import their own merchandise back tariff free, give you a small break on the price and everyone is cheering like a moron. Sure you save a little but what good is that if you have no job? You need a job first and not everyone likes having to settle for 2-3 part time jobs just to make ends meet and then you have to compete with the illegals who work under the table and cheat the government(and you) of lots of revenue.

Sure I do not like some or much of the complicated interstate commerce laws , the over-redundant epa standards, etc. but such regulation in a more limited form is/would be necessary. Stop with the small government crap and look at the bigger picture. Who is benefitting from such skewed and unbalanced laws? Big business is. Small business has to stay in america and get screwed with fines and delays.

Ronald Reagan(a republican) started all this market deregulation, leveraged buyouts and liberals took that and introduced the dysfunctional global free trade agreeements that many REAL left wingers have not stopped protesting against since then. The right wingers just sit on conspiracy sites and whine like children without knowing who the culprits of their demise are. Then Fox News goes on air and demonises Occupy with false epitaphs which shows how anti-american they are. America is not just for wall street invsestors and it is time for everyone to get that through their skulls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join