It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They make me Sick!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I am with you all the way on this one void hawk.

I always take the disinfectant wipes to work and clean my communal computer/ desk and the phone before I use them. By clean I mean wipe - because virus live on hard surfaces and are spread by hands and sneezes etc.

My other pet hate - coughing or sneezing and NOT cleaning your hands afterwards. Alcohol gel people !

Snotty / sneezy people should be sent home from work sick, so they do not infect others.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I have too many commitments to take 10 days off from life whenever I get a sniffle.

I thought you were a biochemist - you should know that this can spread the virus to others...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I always elbow my sneezes. works well. Have to wash the jumper though ASAP

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
When I was a kid you were taught to first off, if you can, move away from other people before you sneeze or cough, at least cover you mouth. Even when you yawn, no one wants to see your open gob.

In fact you can cough without even opening your mouth, and no you don't have to cough out the 'germs'.

People these days really don't give a damn about other people. I think the problem is NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING.
Back in the day you would be called out in public, by strangers, for being so inconsiderate and rude. Try doing that now and you would get nothing back but a bunch of abuse. Everyone is so freakin defensive, no one will take responsibility for their actions, and just say sorry, and move on. You become the bad guy for pointing out their bad behaviour.

Exactly! I was taught as a kid to cover my mouth when I sneezed, coughed or yawned...well maybe less so on the yawning factor though I find that it's an automatic reaction when I do. If I get caught out by a sudden sneeze or cough, my hands instantly try to get to the mouth and yes sometimes they don't get there in time but for me it's habit.

With regards to sneezes I pull my shirt up over my mouth and nose and leave it up a few seconds after I've sneezed to make sure. I think that's even better than using your elbow. You're not touching anything.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. You buggers think that a person full of a cold or flu should stay at home and not infect anyone else, regardless of what they need to do to continue supporting themselves, food, water, or whatever else it takes for them to continue their normalcy.

Let me tell you...if I need supplies, or if I need to go out in public for whatever reason is justified for me to go out in public, I'm going out. If I infect others, so be it...some asshole infected me with the same attitude, I'm going to pass it on, and I don't give a damn who gets infected. If you or someone close to you dies from the infection I don't care, I needed things for 'ME', and if infection spreads, then it spreads.

Your high and mighty, holier than thou attitude, doesn't register as a care . You don't feed me, you don't pay my bills...I do, and I have to maintain it so I can survive. If you want something to blame, then blame society in general, blame the pharmaceuticals that release these infections to drive up their seasonal profits. I don't want to infect others on purpose, I have no intention of infecting others, but I have to go out to survive.

I have to go to work in my feverish misery, no one gives a damn, I should just not be there, but I have to be, because society won't look after me when I am ill. It won't feed me, or pay my bills...but from your point of infection-free view, I should stay at home and suffer all that goes with it... no chance! You get my drift?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
some asshole infected me with the same attitude, I'm going to pass it on, and I don't give a damn who gets infected.

Two wrongs don't make a right mate.

Bad attitudes breed bad attitudes.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Anok:

Two wrongs don't make a right mate. Bad attitudes breed bad attitudes.

You are quite right, but I don't give #! As far as I'm concerned there is no wrong or right, only survival!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I agree that people can't always stay at home when sick.

It's your attitude about it that made me make that comment. Having no consideration for other people is half of our problems these days.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Anok:

Two wrongs don't make a right mate. Bad attitudes breed bad attitudes.

You are quite right, but I don't give #! As far as I'm concerned there is no wrong or right, only survival!

OMG you sound very scary. I hope you do not mean that,

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Anok:

It's your attitude about it that made me make that comment. Having no consideration for other people is half of our problems these days.

HelenConway:

OMG you sound very scary. I hope you do not mean that.

Why should I be considerate of others? Is it a universal law that I cannot disobey! Do others feed me or pay my bills? It is what it is, not scary, it is what it is! I'm not going to sacrifice myself or any member of my family for you. I don't know you, I have no empathetic connection to you or yours, so by all means...convince me to be considerate, bearing in mind that I caught the disease in public.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

, I have no empathetic connection to you or yours, so by all means...convince me to be considerate, bearing in mind that I caught the disease in public.

That is why you sound scary ...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

I mentioned the "snot monster" earlier in the thread.

It sounds like you have just encountered the "booger man" !

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Why should I be considerate of others?

So you don't expect people to be considerate of you?

You don't get pissed when someone cuts you off, pulls out in front of you. I could sneeze in your face, and you wouldn't mind?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Ill take it even one step further-covering your mouth or not, there is rarely a reason that a contagiously sick person needs to go out in public. Stay home from work. Dont go to public places. GIVE YOURSELF 2 DAYS TO GET OVER BEING CONTAGIOUS.

Seriously, if people werent so selfish, we wouldnt see the cold and flu spread like they do.

I make no qualms about giving dirty looks or calling someone out for being in public when sick.

Unfortunately, it's not that people are selfish and spread, it's usually because they have no choice - can't call in sick to work, nobody to go to the store for them. Most people would rather be home when sick but really don't have that option.

Then there are people with alergies and the like who are not suffering any disease but cough and sneeze a lot. I recall when my daughter was young - she had croup and sounded like she was carrying the plague. She wasn't the least bit contagious, but it was embarrasing to be out with her. I had no one at home to look after her and someone had to do the shopping and such - this would go on for weeks. The things I would here.

Some people really don't get it - but the vast majority do.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Anok:

So you don't expect people to be considerate of you?

Who am I to expect 'anything' of anyone? If I need supplies from the shop don't expect me to go without by staying in simply because I may have a cold or flu and you think it is the considerate thing to do. Actually, if I have the flu, I'm not going any where, as real flu puts you in bed for days whether you like it or not. At least with a cold, one can can ambulate around in sniffling misery.

I used to work with an older colleague whom would never take time off work if he had a cold, he couldn't afford to, and even though I complained of his seeming inconsiderate behaviour, he simply asked if I would pay his bills for the time he was off? Of course, I wasn't going to, in which case he was going to come to work with the company allowing him to do so.

Inconsideration was being displayed by both of us, because social logic seeks to curtail certain behaviours by expectations. Our species is a selfish creature, it puts its own needs above that of others, including that of its own kind, and even though I could do, I won't belabour the point by quoting further examples from the sublime to the ridiculous to the extreme.

I could sneeze in your face, and you wouldn't mind?

If you did it on purpose I'd lay you out without a moment's hesitation. If it wasn't on purpose, but accidental, I would certainly complain to you!

How many communicable diseases are passed on in supermarkets? People with all kinds of different infections handle products and put them back on the shelves. They touch door handles, shopping trolleys, ATM's, etc, and if they don't drive, they catch a bus or train or some other public transport. The means by which an infection is passed on to others is multifarious in the public arena, and thats just the infections that are not airbourne, We all know this, but we still go out and about.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
To think that an employer cant do without one of these mouth breathing losers for the relatively short infectious period isnt very likely.

Keep your sick, disgusting lung snot at home you selfish, idiotic morons.

I absolutely give people hell that are out and about sneezing snot and viruses all over the place.

Jerks.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well let me shake your hand....oh sorry...!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm still trying to get over a cold because the jerk offs at work don't stay home. I hardly ever call out, only when really sick. Others who abuse sick days have caused the manager to tell everyone you only get three sick days, after witch point they can write you up and ultimately fire you.. I have told them if you come in sick and get me sick..I won't be here. They come in sneezing and coughing right in your face, touching the same stuff I have to touch. One guy when sick walks around pulling reused tissues out of his pockets all day. The manager doesn't say anything about that though...as long as the people come in so he doesn't have to work harder. I am starting to lean towards the idea.. if I can see a coworker is sick and obviously using things I need to use, I'll just leave and take my sick day without actually being sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join