It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They make me Sick!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
These people disgust me as well, I was brought up to cover my mouth, to properly blow my nose, to gargle and to carry a tissue at all times (situation allowing). We also teach this to my 12yr old daughter.

Sadly I see so many who just sneeze outward with no cover then the figure goes up to the nostril and they blow out anything in it and then repeat on the other nostril...

DIRTY BA*******

Kids see footballers doing it, I see many elderly from places like Pakistan doing it and many newly arrived immigrants from the middle east do the same. I can understand poor people over there not having the money to waste on tissues etc but there's no excuse here but at least they have an excuse unlike the dirty buggers from the UK.

So yes, its a disgusting habit by dirty people who simply don't care and causes countless hours of suffering, loss of earnings, loss of school time and general misery all for the sake of putting a hanky or tissue over your mouth and nose while you sneeze.

Not the hardest thing to do in the world.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I guess I just don't understand this recent outcry about the flu and colds. I mean, so you get sick. I've been sick plenty of times. It sucked, but then it's over.
In a world of 7 billion people, it's not going to matter who's watching their sneezing or if you're wearing a mask, you're going to get sick. It's not a big deal. Take some vitamins, have some soup, wait it out.
I mean, blatantly sneezing ON somebody else is certainly gross and rude, but people sneezing around me doesn't bother me. I always just figure I'll be stronger for it if I haven't gotten that particular bug yet. And if I'm 70 and catch my death from the flu, then that's it.
Now, things like bacterial meningitis and staph/MRSA are certainly scarier and more prevalent recently.
A 19-year old woman near my neighborhood just died from bacterial meningitis. 2 days was all it took. But, again, not much can be done about it really. Can't go through life worrying about stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Washin' those grubby hands won't hurt either.

...and clip those grimy nails.

Amazing how far this goes. You know, for good health.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

you make a valid point but your choice of words are just as bad in my honest opinion

just saying

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Kids see footballers doing it, I see many elderly from places like Pakistan doing it and many newly arrived immigrants from the middle east do the same. I can understand poor people over there not having the money to waste on tissues etc but there's no excuse here but at least they have an excuse unlike the dirty buggers from the UK.
reply to post by Mclaneinc

cheeky pregnant fish

dont tar us all with the same brush

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I only sneeze in public without a hankie when I'm in the States.
See above for the reasons why.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Couldn't help it and that gettig a cold from a person who is too lazy to cover his mouth i think is a good enough reason to slap him or even punch.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

LOL this happened to me yesterday but it wasn't sneezing. Some lady behind me was coughing and you could tell just by the sound of the cough, she was sick. I turned around to see and she was just looking straight coughing in my direction without putting her hand on her mouth. I walked over to the next register disgusted and pissed off.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I am right with you on this one! A couple of weeks ago I was riding a bus downtown (it was cold out) and this man got on dressed as if it was summer time; in jeans, a t-shirt no coat at all. He was coughing and had a runny nose and hand no handkerchief and he was wiping his nose into his hand; on his shirt sleeve and then holding on to the poles in the bus; plus coughing into the air and he said to the bus driver "I don't like to wear coats; but I am ok."

There were only a few people on the bus and we all looked and him and glared; everyone stayed far away from him. I almost said something; I wish I had of now.

Really...what is wrong with some people! Sometimes I think many have just graduated from (moron school).

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Germs, pathogens, virus'...they're everywhere. You can't escape them. In the chance that you do escape them once you get back to where they are you'll catch everything. People may not realize it but we are exposed to them every day. That's were our immune system kicks in. Did you know that one of the dirtiest things in every day life you can put your hands on is a shopping cart handle? A notch below paper money. I say relax let your immune system do it's job.

But some people do need a sense of responsibility, Like coughing in the nook of ones elbow. Using a handkerchief. Purell once in a while. If you're sick stay home. That kind of thing.
edit on 8-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Mythbusters tested this. Elbow is the way to go, your hand only hinders so much of the spray. No hand or elbow, it can travel up to 30 ft, with your hand particles still made it out to 15ft plus, just less of them. Sneezing into your elbow however seemed to take up almost all the spray, with very little to no particles making it more than a few feet. Keep in mind this is with a sleeve on, bare arm might not be as good, but a hand in front of your mouth/nose actually does way less for this than people think.

Then there's the fact your hand is contaminated.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Expected a very hateful rant judging by the title

Then I come to find out the rants not only justified, but they literally are "making you sick"

S+F also good to remember to sneeze in to your elbow so you don't get snot on your hand then touch everything/everyone all day

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It's enviable. That's why we have an immune system, to combat these "attacks". Granted, one doesn't need to expose themselves unnecessarily but we can't escape it. No need to stress out over it.
It's natural selection. Weed out (die-off) the weaker.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I totally feel you man, I would probably call her something worse than a germbag though! Seriously, you've got to be some kind of 'sneeze ninja' to avoid colds these days..

When i feel the 1st signs of a cold coming on I take this every 4 hours for 2 to 3 days - I SWEAR BY THIS! Vics First Defence

I haven't had a cold for over 2 years now, i get the early symptoms then after using this they just go away
:
edit on 8/2/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Actually, surgical masks don't really prevent the inhalation of particulates as well as the do the exhalation of particulates. The masks aren't airtight so a good deal of outside ir comes in the misc holes around the masks perimeter. It works best if both the sick and healthy wear them. Maybe we should do like Asian countries and everyone should have them...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
People have to stop lining up and sticking their arms out and being voluntarily injected with the newest brew of bugs year after year too.... half of the crap wouldn't exist if they would friggin stop putting the viruses in their own bodies!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

One of these pukes got me the other day flying back from San Diego. Almost impossible to avoid when on a plane. Seems like everytime I fly I get a cold.

Yeah but grocery stores are very filthy. The grocery carts are the worse, you don't know who just got done pushing it. I have grabbed them and they are sticky. Like some slob just emptied a 1/2 gallon of ice cream while shopping and never even paying for it.

Some stores up here have a bottle of hand cleanser or wet wipes to clean your hands and the cart handle with, which is smart. Course lazy pukes walk right by it just like they do the sink after using the bathroom. Those vermin should be locked up.

The filthiest of all has got to be the gas pump handle at the gas station though. They are absolutely disgusting. I carry a small bottle of hand cleanser and clean my hands after every single time I fill up.

ATM machines, door knobs, elevator buttons, your fountain drink that the drive thru employee hands you which I always wipe down, too many to list. It's easy to take it too far, but I do anyway. ~$heopleNation

edit on 8-2-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Moron is to the Bone. You can say what you want, and you should, but they don't care because they are moron.

So you may as well let them have it, if anything it will make you feel better for that brief moment in time. They've more than likely already infected you anyway via their mouth breathing.

I hate public transport for that very reason, because you are walking into a cylindrical virus breeding pod, and it's only a matter of time before you become part of the coughing choir.

I love the idea of the mask, but has weirdo written all over it.... I know, I sound like.the moron now.

Stay fit and healthy.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I live at the end of a bus route that goes through several "low rent" communities. An accident at their LPG tanks has meant refueling an hour away, which has lead to reductions in service. Now, due to the economic "recession" they're talking about a further reduction. 50% of the routes eliminated.

I have considered wearing a class IV bio suit when riding the bus because it's full of people like your lady in the store. In consideration of the reader eating dinner, I won't give examples, but... I recently I watched five generations of one family returning from spending their food stamps take over the front of the bus with their bags and, yes, their colds/flues. Everyone getting on the bus had to go through an obstacle course of grocery bags, coughs, sneezes, and diaper changing.

There are several examples here of common sense not being common

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join