It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They make me Sick!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Over here, they tell us that we will get sick from the contact, if we're touching an infected surface, and then we touch our face or eat something before washing our hands.

They also remind us to keep our vitamin D levels up, because the government has to pay for our hospital stay if we get too sick.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
and no you don't have to cough out the 'germs'.

I've heard people say that! You cant help but wonder what they've got uptop in place of their brain.
And your right, I can cough without opening my mouth. I certainly move or turn away when I sneeze.
The type of person I refered to in the OP seem to be on the increase, thats why I got so angry and felt the need to RANT in this forum

School is for education (so they say) so you'd think stuff like this ought to be some of the first lessons taught but it seems they dont bother anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And tea. Good strong black tea is full of healthy goodness.
Lots of hot liquid to flush out what ails you, plus it's loaded with healthy bits of viamins/minerals/antioxidants.

If I start to get sick, I try to drink lots. My colds go away fast.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Over here, they tell us that we will get sick from the contact, if we're touching an infected surface, and then we touch our face or eat something before washing our hands.

They also remind us to keep our vitamin D levels up, because the government has to pay for our hospital stay if we get too sick.

I'm not convinced that a common cold can be caught via contact. Ever since I heard that guy on the radio say that you have to inhale the germ into your lungs I always move away from people who are coughing and sneezing and I definately get far less colds than those around me. I also avoid chemical surface cleaners wherever possible, I just use a very hot wipe. Most common cold germs cant survive low temperatures for very long either, thats why people in centraly heated offices tend to get colds more often than people who work in colder environments.

I'd like to see more research on the idea of infection via contact, the problem is, who do we believe these days, nearly all research is funded by the same people who sell us the products that supposedly relieve the symptoms.

Vitamin D?, over here they tell us we should keep topped up with vitamin C

I try to eat a healthy diet and where possible avoid the germ spreaders.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Hot black tea with lemon juice is excellent for soar throats.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
And tea. Good strong black tea is full of healthy goodness.
Lots of hot liquid to flush out what ails you, plus it's loaded with healthy bits of viamins/minerals/antioxidants.

If I start to get sick, I try to drink lots. My colds go away fast.

I drink nothing but tea

I build teabag monsters with the used teabags
I'll include a photo one day

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Northern climates don't see enough sunshine, and vitamin D is needed for almost all our functions.
At least 1000 iu per day. Except in the summer, then you need to let your skin receive some sun before putting on sunscreen (if you wear it).

Vitamin C also. I eat the flavoured kind - 500 mg each, about 6 times a day. But D is very very important too.
Along with lots of green leafy veggies. They all work together.

I'd love to see a tea bag monster

Sounds interesting

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
This drives me crazy...

So easy to prevent.

You can't fix stupid...But it doesn't stop me from trying.

There's an old Dalek saying that fixes stupid real quick. It's the only cure for stupid.

EXTERMINATE.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'm always amazed that I don't get sick. I have four kids 15 and under, I volunteer in the elementary school where the younger kids are always flippin sick and sneezing/coughing/ect.. without covering their mouths and then go touching everything, AND When I am at the grocery store I have come across many inconsiderate people just like the one you described! My husband who never ever gets sick got sick with a bad cold, my oldest son has walking pneumonia, my mom whom I'm around daily had a cold and then bronchitis, and my younger three boys all had bad colds too.

I have been juicing (not drugs, but fruits/veg in my juicer) since November and I have yet to get so much as a sniffle thank god! It is just disheartening to see people have no consideration for others like this. I expect it from little kids who don't really know any better, but from a grown adult is just rude.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The new etiquette says to cough or sneeze into your elbow. Otherwise germy fingers touching everything.......

Exactly. If you have to sneeze do it in your elbow and try not to wipe your hands across your nose or mouth. That defeats the purpose. But really?

If you are in a room with people there are germs floating in the air and everyone is breathing the same air. If someone is sick they don't have to sneeze or cough, just breathe in and out. If you breathe in enough germs and your immune system is low enough due to stress or exhaustion or whatever that day, then that is what gets you a cold or flu quicker than anything. The longer you spend in that grocery store, movie theatre or classroom and the weaker your immune system is at the time, the more likely you will "catch" something. It depends on a lot of factors. One is virulence. There are some bugs that spread through human meat like a forest fire thru trees.

You can't really blame the people that have the cold for "giving it" to you, they didn't invent it, its "not theirs" to give. They just caught it like you will. Thats how "dis - ease" transmission works. Especially if you worry about it.

Try being at ease instead of dis eased.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Suck it up! its good for your immune system...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

In fact you can cough without even opening your mouth,

I don't think thats a good idea, you will end up blowing your rear end out.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

LOL you are kidding, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
turn around and scream "WHAT THE # IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

I bet they don't do it again... ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Maybe, theres a bit of pressure there.
Seen sheep do it, not a good look.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

If I had coughs that explosive, I'd being seeing a doctor. You don't have to hack up a lung when you feel a tickle.

You also have a pressure relief valve called a nose.

I can't believe you are being serious lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

can happen, so just remember to be careful out there.

www.bupa.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by e118882
turn around and scream "WHAT THE # IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

I bet they don't do it again... ever.

Try that where I live, and you wouldn't be doing that again.

Seriously. Peoples attitude here is their chit don't stink, and what they do is none of your business, even if it really actually is.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The dog has bark but no bite. Most people back down when called on their crap.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

LOL yes, as I said, if you are coughing that forcefully you need to see a doctor, and not really what we're talking about.

People get a tickle, and automatically open their mouths, and hack. They might not be sick, but it doesn't mean they're not carrying (viruses not drugs).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join