It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They make me Sick!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So there I am with a couple of friends standing in the line at the supermarket checkout. Behind me I heard that sound that strikes fear into any halfway intelligent person.
I quickly look around to asses my chances of escape and BAM!!!
I immediately leg it leaving my trolley behind. My friends (still in the checkout line) are wondering what the hell is wrong with me.
I look back at them just in time to see them engulfed in another wave of aerosoled snot particles, blasted at them from the lazy fat faced cow behind them. Bam! another wave hits them. My friends’ wife, a little sharper than her hubby twigs and runs to join me while hubby develops a big grin because he thinks we’re playing a joke on him.

They are both in bed right now, suffering! Headache, a river of snot, burning throat, blocked ears, eyes streaming, and all because that lazy fat cow behind us couldn’t be bothered to put her hand over her mouth when she sneezed.
THAT’S ALL IT TAKES YOU LAZEY AEROSOLES!!!
Just cover your mouth with your hand and that wave of misery coming from your face is almost completely halted. All those particles that hit your hand are particles that are not floating in the air that WE have to breathe!

A warning.
I wont take this anymore!!! Whenever I see one of you lazy people spraying your misery over innocent people I’m going to make a scene, I’ll point at you and shout “UNCLEAN GERM BAG”

I seem to have escaped this last attack by the germ bags, but my friends are really suffering.

I remember a few years ago, when the UK government closed down the Cold Research Centre one of the scientists went on a BBC radio show. He said they were about a year from developing a cure! Maybe that’s why they closed them down – Big Pharma?
He said that to catch a cold you had to inhale the germ into your lungs. He said you’d be perfectly safe to kiss one of those children you see with a river of snot running down their face, so long as you don’t breath in the air they exhale.

Just imagine the outcry if I were to lace your drink with a chemical that caused the same miserable symptoms, they’d lock me up for YEARS! Yet these lazy scumbags can infect people by the dozen, a whole bus full of people, an entire train carriage, a plane load.
Don’t put up with it. The next time someone with streaming eyes and nose opens their fat mouth and blasts you with misery tell them what you think of them!!

You sneeze on me and I’m going to point at you and shout “UNCLEAN GERM BAG”

“COUGHS AND SNEEZES SPREAD DISEASES

Picture source

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This drives me crazy...

So easy to prevent.

You can't fix stupid...But it doesn't stop me from trying.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
go to your local chemist shop and purchase some surgical masks to wear when you go out to avoid spreading / catching any of the bugs during cold season ... or stock up before and hibernate ...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You can't fix stupid...But it doesn't stop me from trying.

Sometimes we all get caught by a sudden surprise sneeze, but people like the woman I refer to?...I dont know if they're stupid or just plain mean and know what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ill take it even one step further-covering your mouth or not, there is rarely a reason that a contagiously sick person needs to go out in public. Stay home from work. Dont go to public places. GIVE YOURSELF 2 DAYS TO GET OVER BEING CONTAGIOUS.

Seriously, if people werent so selfish, we wouldnt see the cold and flu spread like they do.

I make no qualms about giving dirty looks or calling someone out for being in public when sick.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
go to your local chemist shop and purchase some surgical masks to wear when you go out to avoid spreading / catching any of the bugs during cold season ... or stock up before and hibernate ...

Good advice, but why should I have to spend my day wearing a mask when all thats needed is a little common sense.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Ill take it even one step further-covering your mouth or not, there is rarely a reason that a contagiously sick person needs to go out in public. Stay home from work. Dont go to public places. GIVE YOURSELF 2 DAYS TO GET OVER BEING CONTAGIOUS.

Seriously, if people werent so selfish, we wouldnt see the cold and flu spread like they do.

I make no qualms about giving dirty looks or calling someone out for being in public when sick.

Thank you
My thoughts entirely.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Totally agree.
You could have warned us about the graphic image though. I can't un-see it now.

I'll be having nightmares about the "snot monster" tonight ...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

I'll be having nightmares about the "snot monster" tonight ...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I have too many commitments to take 10 days off from life whenever I get a sniffle.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

I have too many commitments to take 10 days off from life whenever I get a sniffle.

Its pretty rare that a person is contagious for 10 days. If they are, they're probably in the hospital.

That you think what you have to do is important enough that all those around you should be exposed to getting sick is exactly what I am talking about, though. Selfish.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Many people have commitments and therefore cant afford to be infected with something that is considerably more than a sniffle.
Are you one of those that spreads these bugs?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
over here its considered common courtesy to wear surgical mask during winter months to prevent spread of colds / flu ... along with avoiding time off of work due to catching a bug passed by some inconsiderate individual .. its a small investment compared to what one would lose going out without a surgical mask and catching a bug .. far less time loss for employees here than for western countries due to colds / flu in winter

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
over here its considered common courtesy to wear surgical mask during winter months to prevent spread of colds / flu ... along with avoiding time off of work due to catching a bug passed by some inconsiderate individual .. its a small investment compared to what one would lose going out without a surgical mask and catching a bug .. far less time loss for employees here than for western countries due to colds / flu in winter

I do agree with what your saying, but I also think it would be better if the infected just stayed home untill they are no longer infectious.
I suspect that here in the Uk I'd be stopped by the police if I were to walk about wearing a surgical mask

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

THAT’S ALL IT TAKES YOU LAZEY AEROSOLES!!!

^ I love that! ^

After I go shopping I take a handful of vitamins.
People putting their germy fingers all over everything....

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Just cover your mouth with your hand and that wave of misery coming from your face is almost completely halted. All those particles that hit your hand are particles that are not floating in the air that WE have to breathe!

The new etiquette says to cough or sneeze into your elbow. Otherwise germy fingers touching everything.......

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I agree the sneezers are bad. I was taught to put my mouth/nose in the crux of elbow when I sneeze. I guess it catches way more offending projectiles and keeps it off your hands, therefore other surfaces.

The coughers are what get me. Not the dude clearing his throat with a single cough or two. Nope. I mean the guy who sounds like he has 5 gallons of flem in his lungs and is making a career out of moving it up and down the back of his throat for hours on end.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

The new etiquette says to cough or sneeze into your elbow. Otherwise germy fingers touching everything.......

I can see the sense in that, though as I mentioned in the OP I remember a scientist on the BBC saying you cant catch a cold through contact, you have to inhale the germ into your lungs for it to infect you. But, now that you mention it, I'd hate to shake hands with a person who just sneezed on their hand...eewwww!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
The coughers are what get me. Not the dude clearing his throat with a single cough or two. Nope. I mean the guy who sounds like he has 5 gallons of flem in his lungs and is making a career out of moving it up and down the back of his throat for hours on end.

Too much information, I'm trying to eat my supper

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When I was a kid you were taught to first off, if you can, move away from other people before you sneeze or cough, at least cover you mouth. Even when you yawn, no one wants to see your open gob.

In fact you can cough without even opening your mouth, and no you don't have to cough out the 'germs'.

People these days really don't give a damn about other people. I think the problem is NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING.
Back in the day you would be called out in public, by strangers, for being so inconsiderate and rude. Try doing that now and you would get nothing back but a bunch of abuse. Everyone is so freakin defensive, no one will take responsibility for their actions, and just say sorry, and move on. You become the bad guy for pointing out their bad behaviour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join