It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

Just because you have seen and witnessed something for yourself still does not make it a fact because all I have to go on is your word when I have the word of many more people who I consider to be more reliable (and my best buddy logic). I would say it is a hypothesis at best not at worst.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

To you it is a hypothesis at best, to me it is a hypothesis at worst. I trust myself, my experiences, and where fate has led me. I dont blame you for not trusting me, you dont know me. But for the same reason there's no way in hell you are going to change my mind about things i have witnessed.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shneal
reply to post by flyswatter

Well if i see you on the news being accused of some hideous crime you don't remember commiting, i'll sure as hell question the official dialogue.. Im not saying everyone under these conditions goes on a shooting rampage. I am however saying then when someone does go on a shooting rampage n fits all the criteria for a likely candidate and you see major legislation follow, there is a good chance something fishy is going on.

The United States government seems to think that my mental stability is just fine and dandy, otherwise they would not have favorable adjudicated my DoD clearance and SSBI. Not that I deal with anything that is Earth-shattering, but they felt the need.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with questioning something. Where I find the problem is when someone just automatically questions something simply because of where it came from. I'm not saying that you are doing that in this case, but each instance of something to be questioned needs to be questioned on its own merits. Just because you are a "conspiracy theorist" does not mean that I should automatically take anything you say and toss it out the window; I would very much be in the wrong for that.
edit on 7-2-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thats my main point. And not everything is a false flag or falsified but there is almost always a HUGE amount of misinformation and deception in the official stories of major tragedies. And when the evidence that is withheld is examined many times it disproved the official story. That is CONSPIRACY. my point of this thread is when THAT happens its a shame noone listens because the MSM is effective in discrediting the alternative theory movement in general.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Shneal

Many conspiracy theorists fall into this trap, the presume that it is a fact for example that Bin Laden was a CIA agent or that Aliens crashed at Roswell and the Mob killed JFK. These are not facts, they are theories some might be very good theories by they are not facts, now we can argue all day about what is a fact and what is not but it is not a fact to say that the Illuminati control the media that is a hypothesis at best.

You presume that the Media is covering this up because you don’t see it reported in the press, I would retort by asking you if you have ever considered that the reason it goes unreported is because it is not true and many of your “conspiracy facts” are actually “conspiracy conjecture”.

Well on the other side of the coin this would hold as all fact. But looking that ATS is a Conspiracy website I would say that a Good Conspiracy can not be fully de-bunked nor dis-proven leaving room to go with it where you will. I would say that majority are people associated with this site use more of there right side of the brain and romantasize the very Conspiracies that some people really don't spend a lot of time thinking about. So is it a trap? Meh, to each there own, i'd say. Everything is on how you use your word play, it's how every Conspiracy starts i'd say~

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thats my main point. And not everything is a false flag or falsified but there is almost always a HUGE amount of misinformation and deception in the official stories of major tragedies. And when the evidence that is withheld is examined many times it disproved the official story. That is CONSPIRACY. my point of this thread is when THAT happens its a shame noone listens because the MSM is effective in discrediting the alternative theory movement in general.

The problem we are running into with the latest "conspiracy theorist soapbox" (Sandy Hook) is where individuals pick and choose little bits of information that the media has put out and they run with it. They dont even wait for an "official story" on it. They do this and it snowballs into a huge issue that could have been avoided right from the start. They trash and bash the MSM and say that it is useless when it doesnt report what they want, but they use the MSM reports as their "facts" when it goes along with what they believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I trust MSM as much as I trust ATS. Had to say it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Well yeah absolutely, But its about deciding what is true on both sides. Both sides bring disinformation. But I believe the problem is there are only 2 sides. Official Story and Conspiracy. and unfortunately alternative truth gets placed in the conspiracy bin with the WILD theories even if they are more sound than the official.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Well yeah absolutely, But its about deciding what is true on both sides. Both sides bring disinformation. But I believe the problem is there are only 2 sides. Official Story and Conspiracy. and unfortunately alternative truth gets placed in the conspiracy bin with the WILD theories even if they are more sound than the official.

I 100% agree, but when does debating a conspiracy go to far on these threads? Most times given one or the other responders may or may not have a higher wits than the other, someone is looking to be right, Symantics can disrupt the flow of any forum created. Wild Theories IMHO are the funnest one's to think about. The point is it get's you thinking outside the box. So in a game of forum wits, the first one to lack in symantics will most likely get a "Dog Pile" effect to where even if the individual had good information it's quickly negated by the posts from individuals well.... Dog Piling on and smothering any source of credibility that individual had going in.

Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists... Mission accomplished.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Haha my goal wasnt to discredit them, i am one. The point of the thread is that it seems to me that the MSM only reports the Wildest of theories and therefore the legitimate ones that could change the world if all evidence was known, such as the 9/11 'conspiracy' get tossed aside. Im saying the MSM looks to discredit ALL conspiracy through the publication of the more ridiculous ones.. I do enjoy the wild ones as much as the next conspiracy buff. i just think its a shame the TRUTHS that matter are rarely heard,
edit on 7-2-2013 by Shneal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by sulaw

Haha my goal wasnt to discredit them, i am one. The point of the thread is that it seems to me that the MSM only reports the Wildest of theories and therefore the legitimate ones that could change the world if all evidence was known, such as the 9/11 'conspiracy' get tossed aside. Im saying the MSM looks to discredit ALL conspiracy through the publication of the more ridiculous ones.. I do enjoy the wild ones as much as the next conspiracy buff. i just think its a shame the TRUTHS that matter are rarely heard,
edit on 7-2-2013 by Shneal because: (no reason given)

The media outlets are like any other business, they are there to do what they do and make a profit while doing it. The wildest of the theories are often draw the most attention because of how outlandish they can be, so it makes perfect business sense for a media outlet to do it. Those that avoid those stories are making their money in other ways, catering to a different (but likely smaller) crowd.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

I whole heartedly agree~
But this has been the state of the world since prolly before WW1.

Here's a short story.

Mother grew up on Navy bases from the Phillipines to Hawaii to the States. All the information w/e information was given at that time to the soldiers and families in the service was not the same given to the citizens. Fact, had this verified by not only mummy but several Service Men and Women a like.

It's great that we have ATS to cross reference and chat with like minded (not always) about the miscreant deed's of the MSM and jibber jabber that is vomited to the masses.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The same reason the largest, most profitable news outlets keep certain truths out of the official story. Because the people PRINTING the money have an agenda.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

No doubt. Sounds like an interesting place to grow up too! Thanks for the discussion!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The same reason the largest, most profitable news outlets keep certain truths out of the official story. Because the people PRINTING the money have an agenda.

Media outlets are not the ones writing that "official story". The authorities in charge do that, and the media reports on it. Big difference, and one that some people overlook in the search for their own truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

Here is a definition of the word Conspiracy :

en.wikipedia.org...(crime)

Here is another: dictionary.reference.com...

Now here is a couple definitions of Conspiracy Theory :

en.wikipedia.org...

www.democraticunderground.com...

There are plenty of definitions for conspiracy theory, but The term Conspiracy Theorist is harder to nail
down.

Personally, I view a true conspiracy theorist as a type of Detective.
They assess the facts produced and yet have a "hunch" that the official story does not
add up. This intuition leads them to hunt for further information in order to arrive at the
overall "truth" of the matter.

There is no crime in curiosity. But there are victims... such as the cat.

The defamation of character/slander/discredit(whistleblower,etc.) occurs when upon 1. the detective loses all grip
of sensible facts and presents a subjective point of view as fact. Or 2. The detective uncovers
some evidence as yet unreported that jeopardizes the position of those who wish to conceal
a Crime.

Bottom Line, Detective work can be dangerous business.

So, keep your rear end out of trouble and go hunt some space invaders or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I used lump all conspiracy theorists as well, ATS taught me that there are different types around.

Such as yourself? Just kidding....I totally agree with you...ATS attracts some very intelligent, "top of the line," "on their game," conspiracy theorists!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Shneal

I think its well known that 50% truth and 50% lies = 100% deception.

for 9-11 the introduction of the holographic plane theory was the poster child theory used to discredit any questioning of 9-11.

for sandy hook the introduction of the actors and "fake event" would seem to be a similar thing used to discredit and questioning of Sandy Hook events...

The issue is that the most absurd of all theories get chosen by the media to represent the conspiracy crowd...

To me it seems intentional to dismiss the people that "question" everything...demonize the label conspiracy theorist and keep people dependent on MSM for their world view and opinions on issues. They will be too afraid to make up their own mind because that has indirectly been demonized...
edit on 7-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Exactly right. Seeing as how hypnotized and stupified so many people are, they simply gobble up the #e being fed to them, without realizing the literal psychological operation being performed upon their mind via the use of television/computer. For what reason, and ultimately who's brain child is this agenda? Heh, that rabbit hole goes deep, trust me.

As for some of these theories, they are flat out wrong and distasteful. Some theorists do get caught up to the point where they lose sight of reason, similar to those that have lost their ability to question at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Thanks for the reply! And i am well aware there are victims. Being in the music industry and speaking the things i believe make me a target. Truthfully, it is probably how ill go out. Being killed over what i believe. Hopefully its a ways down the road. haha

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It makes me seriously wonder if the MSM doesn`t intentionally report conflicting and bogus information just to get the conspiracy crowd stirred up so that they can then bash the conspiracy crowd and make them look like kooks.
When the official story is released,whether it`s true or not, it will be believed by most people because it makes more sense than all the MSM dis-information and conflicting reports.

as of now an official report has not been released so all the conspiracy theories are based on what the MSM has been feeding us.If they are intentionally feeding us bogus dis-information then they are creating the whole atmosphere of conspiracies.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join