It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It seems as of late the MSM is stepping up their counter attack on conspiracy theorists. Its sad the misinformation that gets thrown around. Here is a yahoo news story as an example Yahoo News BS

I would argue that a TINY minority of people within the conspiracy 'theorist' label would say that the Aurora shooting and also Sandy hook NEVER OCCURRED. The problem with articles like these in my own opinion is that the 'Theorists' who look deeper into the evidence and see through the bull ish of the official story get generally categorized into the same group with these people. It seems like the MSM points out the most ludicrous of the 'Theories' and throws all conspiracy truthers in the same melting pot. They never argue against the conspiracy facts, only point out the flaws of ridiculous theories. No talk of Monarch programming, false flags, the fact James Holmes was under psychiatric care of an ex air-force doctor, the Sandy hook map in the Dark knight, the illuminati Wayne video with the 12 skeletons in the theatre,.. all the things that are right in our face and have validity.

Looking at the comments at the bottom of this article it is clear that their plan to discredit is working. PPL demonizing 9/11 conspiracies (which is plane (plain) ignorance), the Kennedy assasination, moon landings etc..

Its funny yet annoying to me that the MSM picks the 'far out' theories to drum up articles and make anyone with an opposing view a 'nut job'

Guess i could've put this in the rant section but oh well haha. Happy Theory-ing everyone!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

The actual nuts makes good theorists look bad. And you know media will lump all together in a second.

I used lump all conspiracy theorists as well, ATS taught me that there are different types around.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not seeing the part of the story that's BS. People HAVE been harassing family members of victims in an effort to prove their conspiracy theories. Why does the news have to go into these twisted theories?
edit on 7-2-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

I think its well known that 50% truth and 50% lies = 100% deception.

for 9-11 the introduction of the holographic plane theory was the poster child theory used to discredit any questioning of 9-11.

for sandy hook the introduction of the actors and "fake event" would seem to be a similar thing used to discredit and questioning of Sandy Hook events...

The issue is that the most absurd of all theories get chosen by the media to represent the conspiracy crowd...

To me it seems intentional to dismiss the people that "question" everything...demonize the label conspiracy theorist and keep people dependent on MSM for their world view and opinions on issues. They will be too afraid to make up their own mind because that has indirectly been demonized...
edit on 7-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Im saying that more or less, the theories that have validity get no MSM play. Which is expected but there is always stories of the theorists harassing victims of these incidents. The BS part is that Not only does the MSM regurgitate the 12% truth 'official story' but they also go out of their way to demonize conspiracy theorists. Never the theories with any meat on their bones but the stupid ones.. It gives the phrase 'conspiracy theory' a negative label to most who follow MSM coverage.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one
Yeah, exactly. Conspiracy theorists, truthers, and preppers are the new 'terrorists'.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

How about you write that article then?

This article is about how family members of victims have been harassed by CONSPIRACY THEORISTS demanding things like pictures of dead children or taped interviews asking questions about their dead children. All without media credentials.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Thats not my point. My point is that the REAL theories never get any MSM light shined on them. Thats all Im saying. If i were to write the article it would express how there are many theories, some more ridiculous then others, many with more validity than the official story and that a small minority of these ppl have taken the ridiculous theories to an extreme and been harassing victims of these incidences. BUT here are some theories that hold some truth... Blah blah etc etc..

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

Its funny yet annoying to me that the MSM picks the 'far out' theories to drum up articles and make anyone with an opposing view a 'nut job'

I find it more annoying, and less funny, that the idiots creating these theories are doing so specifically so the media can point to them and say "look at what these idiots believe".

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No doubt. Its like they create extreme opposition to demonize legitimate opposition. But that's the game they play. Truth is truth even if no one believes it. That's the one thing on our side.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists discredit themselves they don’t need the MSN to do it.

Its these “conspiracy nuts” though that really put the nails in the coffin so to speak.

Even some in the MSN are advocates of conspiracies , just look at the daily express’s reporting of the death of Diana or how the press reacted to the death of David Kelly.

It’s the more “out there” nuts that make everyone look bad, you know the guys who think the Galactic federation of light are making your kids gay and go on shooting rampages in the name of their lord, Satan in exchange for the cure to AIDS so they can take over the word.

Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration but just look at some of the stuff that gets posted n ATS, you really think we need the media to help discourage conspiracies any further when you look at some of the threads that pass for “good” in this place.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
double post

edit on 7-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's another example of how they take the furthest-out theories and use them to denigrate all conspiracy theories:

www.ctpost.com...
State dismissive of truthers' Newtown hoax claims
Connecticut's attorney general has swatted away multiple requests -- made by conspiracy theorists -- for a state investigation into whether the worst elementary school shooting in U.S. history was a hoax. ...
A Danville, Va., woman claimed to the newspaper that she recently contacted Jepsen's staff, State Police and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to ask them to separate fact from fiction. When reached on her cellphone Wednesday, the woman asked that her name be withheld from publication because she was fearful of retribution.
"There is no Sandy Hook Elementary School. It is not listed anywhere as an operating school," the woman said in an initial message. "I have raw footage from a helicopter" a news broadcasting service had taken just after the so-called massacre, which clearly shows the massacre never happened, either. ....

/

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shneal
I would argue that a TINY minority of people within the conspiracy 'theorist' label would say that the Aurora shooting and also Sandy hook NEVER OCCURRED. The problem with articles like these in my own opinion is that the 'Theorists' who look deeper into the evidence and see through the bull ish of the official story get generally categorized into the same group with these people.

The problem is that tiny group makes the most noise, even around ATS. How many times has this tiny minority riled us up with the thoughts you mentioned, along with hologram airplanes, mini nukes, death rays from space, and that's all just 9/11? How many threads can you find where someone has decided that this very website is a conspiracy against them?

As for me, I enjoy bouncing around this place and reading, but I'm certainly not what anyone would consider to be a conspiracy theorist. I am, however, open to new ideas. If I find this tiny group of what I consider to be be truly mentally disturbed, can make enough noise for me to be jaded about ct'ers as a whole (and sometimes they do get to me) I can only imagine that the crap they post here and elsewhere is simply low hanging fruit for a story on conspiracy theorists.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They are using the same tactics they use when their favorite son, Obama, is criticized. They yell 'racist'. It causes people to shrink from speaking out in fear of the label.

When someone sees an unusual pattern and/or odd connections to an event and speaks out about it, immediately, they are labelled 'conspiracy theorist'. It causes some to shrink back from voicing a different viewpoint.

See what 'they' are doing?

They are tweaking the populace to react negatively to a particular word or set of words. They are using psychological conditioning to affect behavior.

Also, we know what this particular administration thinks about the First Amendment. Remember his FCC Diversity czar, Mark Lloyd? Birds of a feather......by his fruits ye shall know him

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I maed this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Not too long ago as an attempt to warn people of exactly this. The truth is, there is as high a likelihood, that those that push the extremely fringe theories are shills on this and other sites. Its a smart tactic, really.
Step 1: Push fringe theories with as much vim and vigor as you can.
Step 2: Wait for the gullible to eventually latch on to said theories, as they always do.
Step 3: Attack those who dont believe the theories.
Step 4: Feed it to the media, and let them outline the lunacy.
Step 5: Accomplish discrediting of entire group, based on the few 'fringe' pushers out there.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I didnt want to reply to each post separately but to whats about this i agree whole heatedly with 90% of it. Thanks for the replies and keep 'em coming!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Im awarding you the highest of honors.. *THE BLUE STAR*

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shneal

t seems like the MSM points out the most ludicrous of the 'Theories' and throws all conspiracy truthers in the same melting pot.

They've been doing this for years. Does anyone remember the 9/11 theories they put out? I heard some I've never even seen on this site. The craziest one was that the government switched the planes out in mid-air. That's so unlogical it's not even funny. Most people were accusing the hijackers being government agents or there being explosives found.
They ALWAYS use the most illogical asinine theory to present to the public. Of course Conspiracy theorists will come off as insane.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Right. I wanna infiltrate one of these outlets and publish an earth-shattering article about legitimate theories.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join