It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker problems help me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Long story short cause I gotta get sleep it's 4:30am

Hacker is messing with me n my girlfriend for about a year now or a little less

Hacks my emails n tries to hack my fb

He onetime go ahold of my fb whn my phone died and acted like me to my girlfriend n got nude pics of her n videos

Now he always used to hack my email n resend myself the pics

He goes on other people's facebooks n post things on my wall or try n message me

I already went to the police n did a lot n still nothing, doesn't seem like they are even tryna help.

I'm doing this for help n safety please someone help me

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Sounds like it may be someone you know. Cant imagine someone who didn't know you would be doing it for this long. Anyone you know who has a problem with you or possibly is in love with your girlfriend?

Also - with FB you can make it notify you when someone tries to/or does log into your account. It will send you there IP and location. Gmail also can track this but you may have to turn that function on.
edit on 7-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Everyone tells me it's someone I know which it could be but idk anyone I pointed some fingers but still nothing btw before we were dating the hacker hacked my fb n acted like me n made a fake Skype n asked for nudes.

Now he doesn't do it as much on my email but once in a while he does idk what to do

I'm lost fighting a battle I can't win

I tried so many times with the police showed them screen shots and messages and all and still they don't really care

I need help to try and at least find this person whose doing it I'm tired of it and my lady is # scared cause she thinks he will post pics on fb or online somewhere

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Choose some decent passwords, lower case, upper case and numbers. Activate the feature on facebook that notifies your phone when someone tries to login.

And for the love of god, when will people learn posting nudes will backfire in the best of cases? I can't help you with that, once photos are out there, it's out there.

I really don't get why women post nudes without thinking 20 seconds ahead.... It's not like there haven't been enough stories of women being extorted and or bullied because of photos like this.

Keep everything documented, all attempted hacks and all successful hacks for future reference.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Yea sorry man that sucks - Im not too sure what else you could do. Hopefully someone with some IT expertise will come along soon with some good advice. Wish I could could actually help, sorry dude.

(When you find out who he is and in the off chance he lives near me, some mates and I will happily pay him a visit for you. )

edit on 7-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

you may already have tried this, idk, but clear absolutely every thing off your fb/email etc and destroy the accounts, you may need to contact the providers to give reasons as sometimes i think a/c are just suspended or put on ice as such.
then create new a/c with different providers for mail and social networking, prolly give FB the elbow too. and be a lot smarter and stricter with your passwords. you gf should do the same, and obvs both of you should be careful about what info you send and store digitally (ref the photos etc).
and think about who your enemies or jealous parties may be, but dont let it consume you, this person is seeking a buzz from your reactions.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Have you given the machine a good check over with anti virus and malware software?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have n still nothing I think I have a key logger

I have done alot already changed passwords every week n so forth but he just harasses me n her mostly me on fb it's so annoying I don't get y he's so much on me idk I don't have anyone who hates me unless my true friends are fake and someone is being a puppet.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

then by the sounds of it you need to beef up security, improve your anti malware/hacking progs etc. if that fails hire a reputable IT professional to come over and work on your pc, and quite possibly change your internet provider or try some other way to change your IP.

you need advice from an expert by the sounds of things, and you may need to invest money in this as well as changing your behaviour.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Generally at times like this you could try burning a linux live cd and changing all your passwords using that and don't even type in your new passwords in windows just use the live cd to check on stuff etc and see if you notice a change in anyone around you

But long term i'd backup everything of importance and dban the drive and then reinstall windows with a password login and a screensaver that also requires a password

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
If this is happening over and over, even after switching-mail accounts and passwords, it screams keylogger.

No offense, but hacking someone's email or FB isn't worth the time just to harass someone for the giggles.

Also, are you getting notified when he logs in/changes your password? Check which email account is associated with your FB, he may have changed the Admin email and every time you change your password it gets mailed to him (not sure how FB handles passwords in emails, I don't do the social network thing...)

Were your email and FB passwords the same? And was it a single dictionary-searchable word? Could have been a brute force on the email account, then just used the password on your FB to see if it worked.

I guess m last question is, why are you so intent on saving these accounts? Delete the email account and make a new one. I can't offer any advice on FaceBook... I simply refuse to post that much info about myself on the Internet that is searchable to anyone.

Oh and on a final thought... And take no offense by this...

But could it have been your girlfriend or someone she put up to it? Does she know your passwords? Could be that she sent someone a few pics, and then to cover her ass devised the whole "but it was you that asked for them..." story.

But as for the "help me stop it" discussion... You can't. You don't have control over the security that your email provider or FB has in place. All you can do is make a 8-10 digit password with a mix of caps, numbers, and at least two symbols. You can make it harder, but you can't stop it, since you aren't in control of the service.

Still though, screams key logger to me. (Or the gf scenario I asked about)

edit on 7-2-2013 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
As others have said check your computer for virus, malware, whatever the hacker could have a backdoor in your pc.

Create new accounts and use strong passwords(uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols).

Always log out after using your pc (especially if your pc can be accessed by someone, anyone even family) make sure no one knows your passwords.

Use thunderbird or similar with your email account and sign all emails digitally (search google for howto) discard any email that appears to come from a known person but is not signed.

Do not send pictures online (email, text or anyway) period.

Do not send anything of any value through sms. You can use encrypted email (only). or just show up and hand it over.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is only basic, it would take many pages to explain it in detail.

Download the following programs in Safemode With Networking, or on a PC away from your local LAN.

Rkill
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes

Unplug the DSL or internet line from your modem/router and log into its configuration page (normally 192.168.1.254, depends) via ethernet cable.

Change the Admin password to something easy to remember word wise, but using all characters, example "h@pPy412T7!nk", or make it impossible with 30+ random characters.

If the modem supports it, use WPA-TSK or above encryption for the wireless password. Avoid WEP.

Like the Admin Password, use something similar for EVERY password you use anywhere.

That would be a basic start, if it still occurs, it would be ideal to check for remote access, open ports etc.

new topics

top topics

join