It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mixing alcohol with diet drinks could make you drunker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It can also give you bad grammar. Wouldn't it be correctly stated as more drunk?
That aside, let's get to the meat and potato alcohol of the story.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Turns out a rum and Coke may actually be healthier than its sugar-free counterpart, as a new study suggests that diet-drink mixes could lead to higher intoxication levels. Researchers out of Northern Kentucky University found that the sugar in mixed drinks slows the passage of alcohol from being absorbed in the bloodstream, similar to the effect that food has on blood alcohol levels. Study volunteers -- eight men and eight women -- were given vodka mixed with a diet beverage, vodka mixed with a sugary drink, and a non-alcoholic placebo. Read more: www.ctvnews.ca...

Now I know what some are thinking...wait, I can get paid to get plastered?
That aside, think how this will boost sales of diet drinks.
Saving calories by getting slammed faster.

Now you can drink smart while saving money and killing brain cells. Does it get better than that.

Thank you Kentucky, soon to be the Kick Ass State.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
good

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't recommend it though, it tastes just awful. You'll be lucky to keep your concoction down because of the already less than sweet flavor of diet drinks and whatever alcohol you use. It's just nasty and I have a hard time drinking things that way without gagging or my body making itself spit up before I can do anything to control it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow, drinking sounds like so much fun LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I am not opposed to the occasional skinny(diet coke) jack daniels. That is if I feel the need to mix it with anything at all :

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

To bad the study didnt include fruit drinks, I really dont like carbonated mixes with my drink, I usually just have vodka and orange juice or grapefruit juice.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If Kentucky can get money for a lame study like this, you should apply for yours.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And they needed a study for that?
I could have told them that after years of rotting my gut out on diet coke and rum.

Go kick-ass Kentucky!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
If Kentucky can get money for a lame study like this, you should apply for yours.

America's tax dollars at work.

And they say they don't have money for entitlements (that people are entitled to because they paid into them)

Besides that, isn't the sugar the thing that gives you the worst hangover?
That's why I always drank Cesaers, or gin and tonics.
I was a hangover expert previously, when I used to drink.

edit on 6-2-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join