It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Chris Christie Could Die In Office

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Christie is thin-challenged so instead of debating his qualifications they debate how much a potus can weigh.

A qualification, as far as I'm concerned, is that the incoming POTUS shouldn't be facing major health issues right off the bat. Major health issues that will be made worse by the stress in office.

Take Ron Paul for example. I like most of what he says. But the fact is the dude is way too old and, being that old, the stress of the POTUS job would probably nail him to the floor. Guys a whole lot younger than him have a hard time keeping up.

ETA: I don't even like Christie

Like I said .. four years ago I did. Now .. no.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Aleister
Left something out - in the same interview Christie himself said that his own doctor said he had to lose weight, that he was a ticking time bomb.

I think I said something about him saying he's got a weight loss plan.
But he also said that right after eating a jelly donut.
So I don't know how serious he is about it.
He could have a sugar addiction. A lot of us do.

I've been, once again, "off" sugar since early September. I've gone years without it, except to use it as a recreational drug once or twice a year (it's so highly addictive I have to totally keep away), but I'll get hooked again at a birthday party or something. Been doing that yo-yo dance about sugar for a long time now. I've read that it's the second most addicative drug, after television.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
On the humorous side, if Christie did get elected president, ...

... it would tick off Michelle Obama. Her campaign to get rid of fat in the country would get a slap in the face. :And it would tick off Bloomberg who is trying to make NYC skinny by getting rid of big gulps ..

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Stress can be one of the best weight loss programs there is speaking of experience there.

Don't forget they elected a smoker.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I've been, once again, "off" sugar since early September..

I've been off it almost three years now. I still massively crave it.
But I have autoimmune so I don't dare touch the stuff.

Christie could easily have a sugar addiction. Seeing him eat a donut while talking about that he has a weight loss plan .. that sounds like cigarette addicts saying 'this is my last cigarette ever' ...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
bad politician? corrupted? send him cupons on daily bases of free,fresh krispy cream donuts!,until 2016.why another politician on a broken system? no matter how many drivers you get,if its the same old broken car.ask obama who took the wheel from bush.lol

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Azdraik
Yep because no head of state has ever been overweight.
I think people need to look at some historical photographs.

Sure, people in the past have been elected POTUS while being overweight or crippled etc etc. But this isn't the past. These days the American people understand how important it is for the POTUS to be able to do the job and they understand how stressful that job is .. and what it can do to the heart. We don't need to elect a person who is 350 pounds and will have a stroke in the first 6 months of being POTUS. Ya' know?

Christie says he has a weight loss plan. I hope it works for him.
Not because I want him to be POTUS. (I don't care).
But because I don't want to see anyone have to deal with that kind of health issue.

This made me lol, The American people don't understand Jack, thats why we are the most obese nation in the world.

The simple truth is the sheep want someone that looks good on TV, and if he don't look good he better have a personality on the scale of a Farley or Belushi (pun intended).

The days of Politicians like FDR and Roosevelt are long gone and its not due to the savvy of the voters, if anything its due to their ignorance.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He needs to go on the Biggest Loser.

After the election!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

After all that's being said about his weight lately, there's no way he'd get nominated. He needs to go on the Biggest Loser.

With our celebrity worship culture, being on a reality show gives you a big leg up in getting nominated.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thank you CNN for scooping the "Captain Obvious" news story of the day.

This came up when he was running for Gov, and again during the last presidential campaign.

The only thing this confirms is that, if he runs, he'd better damn well pick a running mate better than Biden.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
He's in denial. In his interview, he said he was "remarkably healthy" despite his weight. That cannot be true. Show me his cholesterol, his diabetes test results and his heart and lung operation... Just because he isn't dead doesn't mean he's "healthy" by ANY means.

This is an x-ray of a normal weight person vs an obese person. Look at the size of the lungs! Look at how the organs are all smashed and crowded. The liver actually becomes fatty itself. That cannot be a healthy person. Anyone who is obese and says they're "healthy" is in denial.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

He's in denial. In his interview, he said he was "remarkably healthy" despite his weight. That cannot be true. Show me his cholesterol, his diabetes test results and his heart and lung operation... Just because he isn't dead doesn't mean he's "healthy" by ANY means.

This is an x-ray of a normal weight person vs an obese person. Look at the size of the lungs! Look at how the organs are all smashed and crowded. The liver actually becomes fatty itself. That cannot be a healthy person. Anyone who is obese and says they're "healthy" is in denial.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Anytime someone says "Im just big boned" show them that Xray

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Seriously excellent post.
Like you said .. simply being alive doesn't mean you are healthy.
I know that most people aren't 'perfectly healthy' .. but if you are going to have someone as POTUS, they'd better be at least able to take more than 3 steps without being out of air .. ya' know??

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We should be looking at this from a taxpayers point of view. Since Chris is overweight the state won't have to pay so much out in Pension

Maybe we should elect all overweight people to run our country

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
We should be looking at this from a taxpayers point of view. Since Chris is overweight the state won't have to pay so much out in Pension

Maybe we should elect all overweight people to run our country

Maybe we should elect politicians with a healthy brain and be more concerned about what comes out of their mouth than what goes into it. I'd rather have an obese yet honest, smart, qualified leader with a dusting of Cheeto powder on his fingers and a Taco Bell addiction than a physically fit, lying, foolish ass of a leader with remnants of ink used to write orders usurping the Constitution on his fingers and an addiction to corporate and special interest monies.

Might just be me, but judging the qualifications of political leaders based on their waist size and BMI is about as wise as judging the marriage qualifications of a woman based on the size of her bust and the tightness of her ass. Not saying Chris Christie is qualified to lead the US because, as I previously said, he's little more than a left wing RINO with very little differentiating him from Obama outside of physical appearance and a slightly weaker oratory, but generally speaking the idea of basing electability on someone's weight is absolutely asinine.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Christies response to the doctor ...

www.newsmax.com...

Unless Mariano gives him a physical exam and learns his family history, "she should shut up," the Republican governor said.

Christie said his children heard the doctor's comments and his preteen son asked him if he was going to die.

"This is just another hack who wants five minutes on TV," Christie said.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
the idea of basing electability on someone's weight is absolutely asinine.

The idea of electing someone into office who isn't healthy enough for the job is absolutely asinine - IMHO.

The job is highly stressful. It's tough even on healthy people. Putting someone in who gets winded after walking 5 or 6 steps isn't a smart thing to do. I want someone in who won't have a stroke if 'the balloon goes up' and his blood pressure goes up at the same time ... ya' know??

I guess we'll see how his weight loss plan goes ...

If the guy can lose 150 pounds, he'll be much healthier and his body will be able to stand the rigors of office.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What a horrible thing for a health professional to say. Truly, horrible, deplorable. It was insensitive and asinine.

The cholesterol level of a fat guy may be even less than a skrawny guy, so who knows and who is this 'doc' who has never been his personal physician to exclaim he is not 'fit' for anything...except a marathon.

What next? He is not fit to be a father? (he might have a heart attack and not be able to raise the kid). He is not fit to be a neighbour? (he might fall asleep cooking a steak on the bbq and burn his house down). Hell, a fat man might step on your kid *insert Godzilla stompin'/King Kong lil white gal in yer hand' screaming noise here*.

If it were Oprah (who is also considered medically obese) would she say she is NOT fit enough to run for office? or would that start of bees nest of horrible accusations against her as a racist or as an Asian commie?

Seriously, she has no business giving (public) medical advice towards a nation about a man she may or may not have met in person. She is NOT on a talk that invokes at least the minimum of medical decorum as in asking a person's permission to administer or advertise one's medical diagnoses like Dr. Oz. Did Christie step on a scale for her? Did he get his blood checked by her hands? NO? ouch...

Who would want such a psysician anyways? Oh wait, this the forerunner to Obama-Care. Everyone can see your (supposed) heath issues on widescreen now. Gottcha, we don't need 'hippocratic oaths' anymore, we only need hypocritial ones.

What next? Oh oh, don't tell me that we Dom Deluise, Jackie Gleason and John Goodman videos are banned....or I'm going to the moon.

www.whitehousedoctor.com... nice baphomet fingering, Doctor.

Connie Mariano - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 06/23/10 ...

www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-23-2010/connie-mariano

Jun 23, 2010 – Connie Mariano talks about seeing the most powerful men in the world in their underwear. Airdate - 06/23/10. removed from Jon Stewart recently.

Geee. Connie, did you not want to look 'unprofessional'? lol. What are ya, a doctor or an underwear gossip columist????

I gotta tell ya all, this ain't about weight, it ain't about colour, it is about CORRUPTION. You have to follow the (inaginary) money to know where it has gone--except sometimes IT ISN'T GONE because SOME just aren't CORRUPT.

Take a lesson on GOODNESS: www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"This is just another hack who wants five minutes on TV," Christie said.

I suppose any publicity is good publicity once your book stops selling on Amazon.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

1. If one of 'us' (regular folk) were to say a President could 'die' in office, doesn't that trigger a red-flag and the FBI/CIA or any other Alphabet soup agency comin' a callin'?

2. Isn't every man or woman who runs for office risking death by being in office? So, a terrorist/assassin wouldn't need bullets with Christie right? He would just need to order him one last free Pizza (triple cheese of course)??
Imagine how much the taxpayer would save just by NOT hiring secret service.

*oh maybe not, we all know what happens when (those thin and fit) presidents order pizza to the Whitehouse huh? Oh my IT PUTS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IN DANGER.

3. Obama doesn't have to show his birth certificate but Christie has to show is medical records to be president?
(ya, even if it is Wikipedia, he seems to have an ACTUAL history and ACTUAL jobs and ACTUAL people who have gone to school with him en.wikipedia.org...)

besides: news.menshealth.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Look, I don't even live in that country, I don't even vote there, I don't even know the guy nor ever will, ...but there is something wrong in the world when physicians are giving *by name* diagnoses on talk shows, in books or in the news.

None of this is about health or weight. This is about setting an example so that a health mandate can be pushed through to make a country full of McPuke eaters feel guilty into paying taxes on the poverty they induced further by being lazy, depressed and broke. The last thing they need is Mayor McCheezeburglar standing to gaze at the McWhitehouse as he glares at the Pillars and columns during inauguration drooling at them like they are giant french fries during an inaguration. Right? Because fat people just can't 'behave', they can't 'think', they can't be LEADERS? He might pull some salt out of his pocket and lick em???

He must need O'bigbum care.

I have a diagnoses for her. To shuddup.
edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join