It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Chris Christie Could Die In Office

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
CNN is off to an early start on the 2016 POTUS campaign. And no surprise .. the first shot of the 2016 campaign has happened and it is a left wing 'news' site going after Christies' weight. It'll be a successful attack because, they are right. His weight IS a factor. You have to have a POTUS who can take the stress of the job. Someone obese like Christie has enough of a stress factor in regular life, let alone the stress of being POTUS.

CNN - Former WH doc on Christie: 'I'm worried about this man dying in office'

Mariano, who served nine years as a doctor in the White House medical unit said Christie's obesity would certainly become an issue should he run for the presidency in 2016. She warned a future President Christie could suffer from potentially deadly complications from diabetes, sleep apnea, and heart disease.

"It's almost a like a time bomb waiting to happen unless he addresses those issues before running for office," Mariano said

Christie said he has a weight loss plan. But he said that right after munching on a jelly donut.
I think he could have an addiction to sugar. A lot of people do. I wish him luck in his weight loss program. I hope it works out, no matter what his politics are.

BTW ... 4 years ago when he first became Gov. I thought he'd be okay. But in the past year or so he has shown himself to be just like any other politician. He's made politically correct appointments and even played the game with Obama after frankenstorm Sandy .. patting each other on the back and telling each other they did a great job, even though the job hadn't even been started and it certainly wasn't (and still isn't) 'well done'.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

After all that's being said about his weight lately, there's no way he'd get nominated. He needs to go on the Biggest Loser.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think he could get nominated. The republicans really don't have anyone else. (although Jindal is starting to make noise again). But I dont' think Christie could get elected with his weight where it is. The POTUS has to be healthy .. and he isn't.

I thought it was a hoot that he said he had a weight loss plan .. and the powdered sugar from his jelly donut was still on his lips and fingertips while he said it.
(sorry, that was unkind, but I just had to)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yep because no head of state has ever been overweight.

I think people need to look at some historical photographs.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Whoa! This just in, sedentary fat-asses could die any minute!!

In other news, anyone could die at any minute of anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think he could get nominated. The republicans really don't have anyone else. (although Jindal is starting to make noise again). But I dont' think Christie could get elected with his weight where it is.

Nothing to do with weight. This is a ploy by CNN to sway folks away from Christie. It would be CNN and MSNBC's worst nightmare to try to criticize and attack a candidate who essentially is identical to Obama policy-wise with the only difference being the (R) after his name. God forbid the news agencies be forced to confront iron clad evidence of media hypocrisy and bias. (Personally speaking, I am OK with this. The last damn thing the GOP needs is another liberal Republican further marginalizing the party. If Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal are the best they can do in 2016 then they may as well just complete the cycle and fold the Republican party into the Democrat party since they all seem to be leftist liberals anyway.)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing like making Chris worry so he has a stress attack
He does a good job and is good natured. The WH doctor has never even examined him, Fat doesn't automatically mean unhealthy. It depends on what chemicals are contained in the fat and the metabolic state of the man. I see a lot of skinny people drop dead also. A skinny person has less chances of making it through a serious illness than a little overweight person.

link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
Yep because no head of state has ever been overweight.
I think people need to look at some historical photographs.

Sure, people in the past have been elected POTUS while being overweight or crippled etc etc. But this isn't the past. These days the American people understand how important it is for the POTUS to be able to do the job and they understand how stressful that job is .. and what it can do to the heart. We don't need to elect a person who is 350 pounds and will have a stroke in the first 6 months of being POTUS. Ya' know?

Christie says he has a weight loss plan. I hope it works for him.
Not because I want him to be POTUS. (I don't care).
But because I don't want to see anyone have to deal with that kind of health issue.

link   

He would be a worse choice than Romney, I would like to see a Rand Paul or perhaps Jindel or the best choice would be Rubio

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I feel the same way, I think it is a ploy to get sentiment against Chris. After all, why reelect a fat man that may die in office
It's an ugly world. Put a skinny crook in there instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Oh now come on the only health hazards a Potus faces is lead poisoning and they take great pains to make sure that doesn't happen.

Yeah Christie is thin-challenged so instead of debating his qualifications they debate how much a potus can weigh.

Bad on CNN.

ETA: I don't even like Christie.
edit on 6-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Fat doesn't automatically mean unhealthy.

Well .. it's not like we are talking about 20 or 30 pounds overweight.
I'd bet he's probably 350 pounds. That HAS to be unhealthy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Left something out - in the same interview Christie himself said that his own doctor said he had to lose weight, that he was a ticking time bomb.

If he's serious about running, well, he'll soon be "running". If he drops 150 pounds and builds his muscle mass and in a couple of years is the perfect physical specimen, he'll have that on his plus-side promotional agenda in any presidential race - primary or general.

If I were Christie I'd go vegan and drop the sugar. Bill Clinton had to do it, and he says he's never felt better. If the gov-with-the-love(handles) can rally such self-control, he will look good to the voters, both with his views and literally.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah, he could stand to lose some weight. I don't think it will effect his judgement though. I kind of like his attitude towards the people of his state.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Nothing to do with weight. This is a ploy by CNN to sway folks away from Christie.

I agree with everything you said. Sure it's a ploy. They are using his weight as the excuse for people not to vote for him. But at the same time they are right .. it's not healthy and you need a person to be as healthy as possible to be POTUS. You are also right that it is something that left wing CNN is using to try to make sure that someone on the right isn't elected.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Left something out - in the same interview Christie himself said that his own doctor said he had to lose weight, that he was a ticking time bomb.

I think I said something about him saying he's got a weight loss plan.
But he also said that right after eating a jelly donut.
So I don't know how serious he is about it.
He could have a sugar addiction. A lot of us do.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Heaviest president in history, William H Taft. He didnt die in office but he did shed about 240 lbs after leaving office.
I dont know how much Christie weighs.

WHT

TAFT, 27th, 1909-19 Throughout his life, William Howard Taft's weight generally paralleled his unhappiness. Taft was 5 feet 11.5 inches tall. He weighed 243 pounds when he graduated from college. He weighed 335-340 pounds when he left the White House. The one thing that Taft never asked of his portraitists was to slim him down. When told his likeness made him look pudgy, Taft answered, "But I am pudgy." He consumed eight-course breakfasts. Through his mother, Taft was a seventh cousin twice removed of Richard Nixon.

edit on 2/6/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
On the humorous side, if Christie did get elected president, would the streets of America's major cities... especially neighborhoods with a higher concentration of donut shops, bakeries, and fast food joints, not be utterly chaotic on election night? Imagine the scene, overweight people flooding the streets, openly weeping and embracing each other, older fat people calling out through their tears "I never thought I would live to experience this day!" and younger portly Americans talking about how they will one day tell their children and grandchildren that they were there the day America elected a husky persident. Chris Matthews will go on air and discuss the thrill he gets running up his leg when he sees Christie enjoying a snack cake.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
A skinny person has less chances of making it through a serious illness than a little overweight person.

You are right that a little meat on the bones is a good thing. Especially if someone gets seriously ill. However, Christie isn't 'a little overeight'. He's OBESE. He's a huge boy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think Christie has an illuminati background like past presidents. If not, this takes him out the selection for office.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join