It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Federal Reserve admits being breached by Anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
Im feel like im beating a dead horse here but i feel it is the proper thing when i link this thread.
Anon/False flag topic

Anyway if you look you can see that i came across this transcription of a radio interview discussing other flags in the past and how they are ALL connected. The conversation gets interesting when the guy tells us about an "anonymous" (he uses that exact term) group that will come out and cause mayhem over the internet which the government will use to justify thier ends(not sure what those are though)

The show dated back to 2007 and most everything the guy said was right on with loads of evidence to back him up. Even though it is deep rabbit hole( i know cus i went down it) it is definitely worth the fall if you respect the truth
edit on 7-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

Anonymous (Or what loosely came to be known as Anonymous)...was pulling stupid pranks and hacks way before 2007.

I won't go into exact details but, they came into existence in a very disorganized and not-serious fashion. It would be more ridiculous for someone to claim that they have "brought down Anonymous" or that they know who Anonymous is. Or worse yet...that they were created by a sinister New World Order type organization. Simply NOT true. It pains me to read comments like that knowing what I know...or don't know. Whatever. I don't know anything but, you can bet your tin foil hat Anonymous was not a Bilderberg group puppet.

If you catch some retard trying to hack the [Alphabet Organization Here] servers and they catch him and indict him....there will be a hundred other hacktivists to take his place. A U.S government or banker funded false flag fake organization would not have that ability. Like I said, whatever. Believe what you like.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Soooo....
Does that mean that you read the article i was refering to?

Im mean, there are specifics in there that should at least be noted. Dont get me wrong, i cant say that you dont have reason for your perspective but i can say that i looked into all of the claims made in this interview and this guy had all his T's crossed. Very convincing

Yeah so some kids happened across some information, im pretty sure, based on the evidence provided in the transcription that they were not the only ones who knew about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's very easy for the MSM to say that Anonymous is responsible for all this hacking stuff because they are anonymous.

Kinda like all these terrorist incidents got blamed on Al-Qaeda...

Anonymous Islamist extremists?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Maxmars

Anonymous is the government attempting to justify the crack down on the net. It is pretty dang obvious.

Do you have proof of this?

Nothing cut and dry or obvious to me imho, what if i were to tell you I am Anonymous and I am no government employee? ( hypothetically of course ) files.abovetopsecret.com... Anonymoius is an idea, and ideas are bullet proof! Anonymous is epic fail guy , Anonymous does not officially exist. there is no official press release from Anonymous. The majority of Anon are not hackers, it's compromised loosely of trolls & bronies, activists what we call moralf@9z and your tin hatters from these circles even, script kiddies then higher level l33t hax0rz and ect whom many of them do not see eye to eye out when it comes to LULZ vs MORALS .

Sure some government employee can use the banner of anon, but there is no centralized voice , it works as a collective like the borg. If said gov alphabet agent chooses to do some op and try to get anons behind it for whatever agenda they can try. But it is not feasible to hijack Anonymous.

Anomyous is the government
If i had a penny for every time I heard that on ATS, try doing a little research you will find Anon came out a certain image board and other dark corners years ago. It originated out of lulz not some CIA project. You would be shocked how lousy the GOV's security really is. Just because they have the money to invest in security protocols does not mean they spent it wisely. In fact they have not. We are talking about an incompetent government with a degrading infrastructure. They don't spend money on important things to begin with. A lot of these greedy imbecilic dinosaurs in VA do not understand what is good security or how it really works. There will always be holes, no such thing as a perfect security system. So they hire some contractor that is educated in security systems however can be just as vulnerable and naive as any one of these people running things.

There is a whole generation of script kiddies & programmers out there that are learning new stuff every day, coding, hax0rs, exploits. They are kept up to par given they spend day and night on the computer experimenting even surpassing a lot of these guys that went to MIT years ago . We are living in a age where today's technology is obsolete tomorrow. Like the old saying, the left hand does not know what the right hand does. You can bet it's a cluster F# at the FED like anywhere else ... I mean trillions are missing and still no audit?

Does not matter who is hacking anyway, if they want to pass a bill they sure enough will. They don't need some alphabet agency to false flag deface websites to get their way. It's all about control and control they will have it unless we ALL stand up and yell WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE ENOUGH! The last bastion of freedom is via Internet ... enjoy it while you can it wont last much longer. And that is what Anonymous is fighting for, even if it is a lost cause Anon will humiliate these traitors and cause considerable collateral damage on the way out. If they want to strip our rights away and quality of life then we will make theirs uncomfortable in the process. We can say it was a good fight, a fight worth fighting for.

tl;dr
edit on 7-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Noticed on twitter a new operation is been flagged.

As with all of these op's its hard to determine if this will grow legs.

Its quite a forceful threat. #opvenditta

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
As a programmer versed in various languages, operating systems, database design...etc etc, I first encountered Anonymous on 4chan when a group of script kiddies were talking about an exploit they had found. They had already hit a few websites and were now regularly making a game out of it. I was curious and tested said exploit and sure enough, it worked. I started paying attention because I run servers and some of the sites hosted on the servers were using web software these guys were finding vulnerabilities in. As someone who has/had the knowledge to bring servers and websites down, I paid attention when the chatter seemed legit. it pretty soon got political and conversations on IRC quickly became regular hang outs and they were planning regular attacks.

I suppose that at this point, anyone can claim to be part of Anonymous, including government plants.....but, it was most definitely not some conspiracy or created by any government agency. That's a bunch of crap.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to know any black hat hackers or admit to anything illegal. Yeah.

Same here, exactly besides the programmer part. I too like mudkips. It's where LOIC and other open source exploits were born and came #OP payback to remind some of the new people here. A lot of /b/ros were not taking security measures but it was not such a big deal then. They got bagged several months later it was all about sending a message... anon exploded after that. The feds threw the book at them anyway. Those dDos days are a thing of the past now. The game has changed. But the political pawns and alphabets shat brix, they knew a storm was brewing. And l33ts have been playing cat and mouse with the best in the private sector there is no doubt. Some got really good at defacing and ect somehow black hatters are confused with nation state because they don't get bagged? It's hard for people from the outside to get the gist of old Anonymous up to now i guess. And they probably never will. I am not at liberty to say i know any blackhat's either

But yeah i was there in the old days and you are 100% correct

pools closed

- some oldf@9

edit on 7-2-2013 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Posted this yesterday about it. Obviously they will deny initially followed by acceptance when the MSM isn't focusing or busy with other news.
ATS Link

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Security firms explain always that it's not their fault.. they can't foresee 'every' possible breach point.... why does that sound like a political by-line to me?

It's not a political by-line. It's true. I'm a Federal IT / Cyber Security Professional. It's for this very reason that we use a Risk Management Framework for mitigating vulnerabilities instead of just closing them all. They can't all be closed, nor predicted.

If you don't believe me, look it up yourself. We use the NIST Framework in addition to agency / Departmental governance which includes (for the DOD) DIACAP.

All of the above is based off the FISMA standard for Information Systems (IS). This is my primary role at work. I analyze systems, assign Information Assurance Controls (IA Controls) on those systems, enforce them, document them all, and ensure Federal Government and Industry best practices are followed. All relevant security threats are identified, documented, then we do our best to mitigate those threats with whatever additional controls we can add to the threat, thereby reducing the risk of that threat leading to a security breach. We do this for EVERY threat we can identify, collectively reducing risk to an acceptable level. Even then some things slip through the cracks.

I often quote to people who don't understand the difficulties in securing information systems the Security Triangle.

The triangle illustrates that as you move closer to a secure system the farther away you move from Ease of Use / Functionality. The reverse is true as you move closer to Functionality or Ease of Use (it becomes less user friendly / functional and less secure). Hence the addage that only truly secure computer is one that is completely disconnected, locked in a vault and turned off.

So while it's quick and easy to just label an accurate and truthful quote from a security experts as political pandering or a by-line it's much, much much more difficult then you realize.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Foolish misled mortals, Anon works for the Masters of Puppets. It has become so easy to herd the sheople together and feed them whatever they wish. They gotta fatten you up so that you're good and ready for the slaughter.

Wake up to their disinfo agenda. You gotta read between the lies my friends. Read between their lies. ~$heopleNation
edit on 6-2-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Shut your mortal self up. Don't use vague words like masters of puppets, and stop calling people sheople. We are sheep and we have a Shepherd perhaps you have heard of Him.
edit on 6-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

I concur He is the only way out of this mess for me too. You are the disinfo sheepmeister.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join