It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC leaks NDAA "Whitepaper" (rules for assassination?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ok I am pretty surprised to see this has not been posted yet. Then again I could be wrong, in which case the mods will have no problem nor seek any permission from me to close the thread

Someone Just Leaked Obama's Rules for Assassinating American Citizens

[t]he 16-page memo, a copy of which was obtained by NBC News, provides new details about the legal reasoning behind one of the Obama administration’s most secretive and controversial polices: its dramatically increased use of drone strikes against al-Qaida suspects, including those aimed at American citizens, such as the September 2011 strike in Yemen that killed alleged al-Qaida operatives Anwar al-Awlaki and Samir Khan. Both were U.S. citizens who had never been indicted by the U.S. government nor charged with any crimes.

[T]he confidential Justice Department “white paper” introduces a more expansive definition of self-defense or imminent attack than described by Brennan or Holder in their public speeches. It refers, for example, to what it calls a “broader concept of imminence” than actual intelligence about any ongoing plot against the U.S. homeland.

Instead, it says, an “informed, high-level” official of the U.S. government may determine that the targeted American has been “recently” involved in “activities” posing a threat of a violent attack and “there is no evidence suggesting that he has renounced or abandoned such activities.” The memo does not define “recently” or “activities.”

The link I provided gives a full link to the 16 page "whitepaper" document that supposedly reveals Obama's rules for assassination. I fully plan to read it and give it my synopses but I have school starting in about 5 hours and really should get some sleep. I will continue this tomorrow, and leave this here for ATS to contemplate for a bit.

But if anyone finds anything, please share! I find it odd that a typically liberal network has access to this document and then is willing to share it to the world! It makes me think there is some "false flag"-type things going on, and anytime major media and politics are mixed shady things are bound to occur...

Anyway, night for now, I hope to join an intelligent conversation of this later!
edit on 6-2-2013 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Ok I am pretty surprised to see this has not been posted yet.

This thread was started a few days ago, and is currently listed at the top of the home page...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join