It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me create a time machine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

75 tons of Uranium would work to open a wormhole/stargate, but there's nothing currently available to use to supply the machine with energy, save plasma, and that needs contained within a magnetic field. The wires you depict would instantly melt due to the current going through them.

Why would it work?
What would actually occur that would separate the fabric of space/time? Magnetism? A molecular disruption of some kind?

I'm serious. Given your reply, I'd like to know "how" this is considered possible...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was thinking about timetravel the other day and thought of an idea to getting around traveling into the past, if we are limited to only going back so far.

Say you could create a time machine, but could only travel from the point of its invention and onward into the future.

now if there is life on another planet that created a time machine of their own, say 1,000,000 years ago. That could be or means to travel beyond that point in the past that our time machine was created in.

One would just have to travel into the future to where we are advanced enough to travel to this civilization and use their time machine, use it to bring our time machine into the past along with the means to bring it back to earth.

This would alter our timeline to include a new point in time to where our machine could travel to. Hope my imagination has entertained you, I obviously know nothing about time travel

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 8infinity8

Hey thanks, it more of a portal generator to a parallel universe and i would only test it using small objects, the most that would happen is it would pop up in a random space time...lol kind of funny now that i think about it

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

What would actually occur that would separate the fabric of space/time?

In the multi-verse theory, space-time is separated by non-euclidean manifolds. I don't know if you are up to date on quantum theory, but at the subatomic level, massive amounts of energy are required to create a "rift" in space-time. It's basically interfering with the quantum "foam". Particles are randomly distributed in a wide vaccuum, such as outer space, but the introduction of an energy source into a narrow field should create a wide variety of exotic particles that only exist while the field is active.

You bring up a good point that I was hesitant to address earlier. Once such separation is in place, there's no actual way to ensure the "rift" is properly closed. There are questions that if such a field was opened, would the absence of energy be sufficient to close the newly created "portal", or would such an event lead to a singularity.

There are many unknowns.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

You mentioned that someone can only travel back in time from the point of the machines creation...however this theory doesnt apply to the multiverse theory...someone somewhere in a conjoined parallel universe with ours has already created one, the destination time etc..cant be controlled

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
a new timeline perhaps? of the many-worlds interpretations?
If the past, present, and future all exist together than that means
someone could be predestined, superpredestined, and megapredestinated.

The Three Degrees of Pedestination
edit on 6-2-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

Yes exactly! It has already happened it just keeps looping

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Haha wow the numbers you presented was impressive, im actually working on a small scale i should have mentioned this at the start..i would have loved to have you in the team, but i already kind of spilled the beans by posting this stuff online...i wish i could just undo the thread...i created it under a moment of frustration trying to get some answers...

Either way should this work all it would do is teleport objects to a random location and time in a random universe or reality(should one exist) im starting to doubt how this machine would help in our daily lives..we will post a video if we ever get it working, although i am a bit worried i might have some people show up at my place with the wrong intentions

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by k1k1to

Haha yeah I have a wild imagination. I think for a time machine to work the way I imagined it, it would have to alter the atoms around it within the universe(impossible). since the future hasn't happened how would a machine that alters atoms to travel time know what the state those atoms would be in? Thats the big flaw in my imaginary time machine.

interesting thread btw.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

What would actually occur that would separate the fabric of space/time?

In the multi-verse theory, space-time is separated by non-euclidean manifolds. I don't know if you are up to date on quantum theory, but at the subatomic level, massive amounts of energy are required to create a "rift" in space-time. It's basically interfering with the quantum "foam". Particles are randomly distributed in a wide vaccuum, such as outer space, but the introduction of an energy source into a narrow field should create a wide variety of exotic particles that only exist while the field is active.

You bring up a good point that I was hesitant to address earlier. Once such separation is in place, there's no actual way to ensure the "rift" is properly closed. There are questions that if such a field was opened, would the absence of energy be sufficient to close the newly created "portal", or would such an event lead to a singularity.

There are many unknowns.

Let's pretend, for argument's sake, that I'm not current on quantum theory...
What is the scientific principle being utilized to construct the theory of the "rift"...? Do the theorists picture an actual rip? Or is it more like a field, where two or more universes co-exist simultaneously in the same space?

I mean, molecular density has two very different definitions when examining them in the macro world versus the quantum one. I guess it would depend on the state of the aforementioned "exotics"?

My own theory, suggests that time displacement can be achieved using sound waves in a modulating frequency of which the wave length is a narrow band just above to just below the speed of sound. The actuator would be focused on an object, and much less power would be required, than the machine sketched out in the OP.

It all hinges on resonance, and the frequency of the object to be displaced. The biggest kink left to be ironed out, is a way to measure time at the object, without affecting the resonant frequency...A means to deliver the sonic blast, has already been worked out.

In no means, do I want to derail the OP's thread, but I think it's much more plausible than trying to acquire 75 tons of uranium....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OMG.

You are failing to understand that you cannot create a full scale version of this device, because all current methods of energy transmission would not be adequate to supply the current required to your theoretical device. The power required would melt copper wire.

Copper melts at 1,984 degrees Fahrenheit, and if you do the BTU transfer ratio at 103,144 amps, your wires are liquid as soon as you supply power to the circuit.

Also, you cannot make a scaled down version. You NEED that many amps, (according to your design specs), in order to create a wormhole. Fewer amps will not have enough energy to do anything.

Besides, where are you getting all the gold plating from?

Hmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

You are failing to understand that you cannot create a full scale version of this device, because all current methods of energy transmission would not be adequate to supply the current required to your theoretical device. The power required would melt copper wire.

Copper melts at 1,984 degrees Fahrenheit, and if you do the BTU transfer ratio at 103,144 amps, your wires are liquid as soon as you supply power to the circuit.

Just spit-balling, but wouldn't the wire still transfer energy before melting away? Maybe that sudden burst of a metric duck ton of energy that does make it is what is needed? The destruction of the machine afterwards is of little consequence to the traveler.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPetrikov

Well, I didn't even address the fact that the random location as stated in the OP, and that no return was possible, should be enough to prevent a device from being constructed. I mean, a one way trip, to an unknown destination, with no way to get back? Huh uh, I ain't going. Besides, that brave soul that did decide to take the trip? Well, we'd never hear from them again. How would we ever know it worked?

Too many unknown parameters. Such a device should be capable of two way travel, or at least an aspect of communication incorporated into it.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Your theories are very interesting, but you are correct to state that continuing the conversation here would derail the OP.

Besides, it does have enough merit for a thread of it's own. In fact, if you don't create a thread, I may, stating my own theories, with the OP broad enough to incorporate room for any other theories.

Send me a u2u if you make the thread. It MUST incorporate a relation to quantum mechanics.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hi mi name is Alex i don't know wat's missing but i wold like your email so i cold talk to you about something wich is still potting something back in time eg a email back to your self or some one that will alter the time its self

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AlchemicalParadox

so the John Titor is a stince gate thing from the anime but still cool

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What frequencies does this machine work off?, can you plug it into wall socket or battery powered?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OK, I'm in.

You name the place and I'll meet you there last Wednesday.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

If anybody would like to contact me in the future, I'll make sure I'm free 15 years from now.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Time machines don't work in this reality, they only work when "4D" is unlocked - at least in my opinion.

You would have to have been "keyed out" of "3D" in order to time travel, and if you have a "life" here in "3D" you will have to tend to it, so that your "3D" timeline continues on, whilst you play in "4D".

This is one of the secrets I believe, that there are people whom have been "unlocked" and they can "jump" between "3D" and "4D" as long as their timeline in "3D" is stable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join