It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Your Daughter Tattooed her Boyfriend's Name Across her Face...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Good points indeed, to each his own, not everyone has mental/ emotional issues, some belong to a tribe.

However, in my personal opinion, if a person becomes obsessed with excessive bodily mutilations, outrageous cosmetic surgeries, facial disfigurement. They leave themselves open to be judged...by the public, family, employers, everybody. And be judged they will.
Because as they are entitled to have an opinion to what they think looks great all over their face, I am equally entitled to have an opinion about it....based on my own judgement.

I don't have to like their face, and they are free to not like my opinion.

edit on 5-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Humans are hard-wired to reject that which is out of the norm including how other humans look and act. You are criticizing us for exercising human nature.

I understand that you object to this. Try to think about this from a child's perspective. What do you think a child would think upon seeing this woman's face?

The child would think it abnormal.

Yes and humans are hard wired for racism too but is that ok? Your perspective is very shallow.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. Do what she wants. She has rights. Don't discriminate. Maybe she likes it. But you know what? If she has rights, so do I, and I have the right to not like it. And insofar as our paths do not cross, that's the best of both worlds. But don't cry me a river of "civil rights" issues if I refuse to hire her because although I agree, she does have the right, she will also take the consequences. It's kind of like the Darwin Award: You do something stupid, you die. You do this to yourself, you just decided to stick out like a sore thumb for the rest of your life. That may feed your ego and need to be noticed, but if it winds up making you fail to feed your face, too bad. Like this fine specimen of humanity, you made the choice. Now you get to live with it:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

My main problem is with those that are talking about how this person needs an intervention and to be committed. They need to worry about their own twisted minds before the minds of others.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
IF he were a true artist, he would've never damaged the beauty before him by carving his name into her face.
Without knowing this man, I can tell that he is a control freak and likes people to know what belongs to him.
Not to mention, didn't the article state that she only knew him 24 hours before allowing him to do this?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
To Schuyler:
Look at me! Look at me!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I'm shallow because I like it when the person next to me in the theater or the grocery line looks human?

(We are not hard-wired for racism. Racism is a learned behavior. Accepting tattoos is also a learned behavior.)
edit on 2/5/2013 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

These people are fully aware of the impact it will have on career choices. Most of them do not need to worry about such petty things if they have enough money to afford thousands of dollars worth of tattoo's. I have never heard someone with excessive tattoos whine about being discriminated against. They already knew what they were doing and chose that path.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

Yes people with your mindset are the reason there is war and discrimination in the world.

"Oh you look different than I do! Must hate for no other reason than my own shallow ignorance"

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Yes people with your mindset are the reason there is war and discrimination in the world.

"Oh you look different than I do! Must hate for no other reason than my own shallow ignorance"

I have not said I hate anyone. Yes, I dislike looking at it. It's unsettling. I don't like being upset. Facial tattoos and excessive piercing upset me. It's not natural.

(Schuyler's post above upsets me. I don't want to be anywhere near that person. He hates himself.)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

yes bc you know better than people like Dawkins and Darwin?

click

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
Am I the only one that thinks it looks good? I'd chat up a chick at a bar with a huge tattoo across her face, lol.

I think it looks good. I think they can remove them pretty well with lasers now too.. Its not the end of the world for her.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Prosthetic legs arent natural

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

click

So, in addition to calling me ignorant you're telling me I'm not entitled to my opinion.

I don't think I want anything to do with you either. You have some flaws of your own.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

click

So, in addition to calling me ignorant you're telling me I'm not entitled to my opinion.

I don't think I want anything to do with you either. You have some flaws of your own.

I do in fact have flaws. So does everyone else too. I have no problem with the fact that humankind is naturally prejudice. its when they start talking about inflicting their will on others bc they are different that it becomes a problem. It is a leftover survival instinct to dislike others based on their appearance but we as human beings need to realize that we as people are all very different. Just bc chicky here likes face tattoos and made the choice to have this done doesnt mean she has issues. it just means she has different values and a different life view.

we all need to work past our simple minded predisposition and embrace people for who they are
edit on 5-2-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm ignorant and now I'm simpleminded.

I like the fact that I have standards. I prefer beauty. In my opinion, tattoos and piercings of the face are not beautiful and are a sign that a person hates himself and may have psychological issues.

If that makes me ignorant and simpleminded then so be it.

I think all this makes me a normal human being.

"It just means she has different values and a different life view." >>> Me too.

(You called me ignorant but you still expect me to like you, right?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

so after seeing the pic.. reading all that..

I still cant even read the name..

when those chemicals in her brain subside..

and the puppy love fades..

she will unfortunately have years filled with regret..

hindsight is 20 20

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
To Schuyler:
Look at me! Look at me!

How? You don't even have an avatar!

Just to continue a bit, a post below yours says people who have all these tats have money, so they're not worried about it and actually know what they are doing. I don't really think so myself. I've known a couple of people who have excessively disfigured themselves. They weren't at all rich; they were troubled people who had psychological problems. I'm not making fun of them. They really did by virtue of stuff happening to them that was not at all cool. One will keep her job (Actually, I saved it for her on an unrelated issue) and the other will never get a good one.

The problem is that when people choose to say, "Look at me! Look at me!" and do so permanently, they cement their socio-economic status to the point they can't move. They close off paths they could have taken. In other words, the more versatile you are, the more choices that are open to you, not only in gainful employment, but also in mates and other people who could prove useful to you.

Now you can say you're protesting The Man and corrupt society and all that, and I appreciate the sentiment. I was 20 once, too. Fortunately, I could cut my hair. These guys cannot. If you drop the act and begin to look at society as a great savannah of ungulates with youreself as the predator, it behooves you to maintain a stealth mode of some sort. Lions aren't bright pink. I used to have a lilac point siamese. She had a very bright, white body. She would go over to the bird bath and sit there as if a bird was going to fall into her mouth. Not exactly well camouflaged, no birds would go near her and as far as I know whe never caught any. We made a lot of fun of her.

I understand these people may be "making a statement," but they've also pretty well condemned themselves to a carnival side-show existence. They can certainly trod their own path, but the choices of which path to take have become very, very limited. Ladies, would you care to mate with the gentleman I posted above? How about have him represent you in court? Be your physician? Your kid's teacher?

P.S. I have tats myself. I once hosted a web server with tat pictures of librarians who have taken the plunge--in a tasteful manner.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I honestly dont believe his mindset is why there is war and discrimination, we are talking tattoos.
I believe the reason for hate and discrimination is because we've given up, as a people, all of our lines drawn that keeps us within respectable margins of solid morals and standards that keeps us as decent respectable human beings, instead we've digressed to the 'anything goes' mentality that if you don't like anything I do, regardless of how repulsive, then you are a hater etc. But that's another thread.

People who volunteer to put down thier hard earned cash to permantly express themselves by drawing all over their beautiful skin.. to this extent as in the OP.

Skin that was not born that way, which means it's NOT natural. Anyone born covered with tattoos they never asked for, well they have my utmost respect.
In my life, my experience, I have only met medium to low income people, not all...but most, who choose to cover their bodies in tattoos unless they are a celebrity who want to expound on their celebrity status for example.

I welcome you to share your experiences with those who are educated professors, recognized scientists, legendary explorers, those who have something extremely beneficial to bring to this table of human kind, that are so obsessed with themselves they are covered in tattoos and do not have mental/emotional or like issues. (of civilized countries, with supporting link to documentation)

edit on 5-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
I would like to be there when she exlains it to her Grandkids.

Hopefully she won't breed. Those are genes that shouldn't be passed on

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join