It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-year-old S.C. boy killed after mistaking pink handgun for toy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Who's responsible here and what are the charges?

The only thing that stands out from the hundreds of stories of other kids killed by accidental gunfire, is this one is... PINK

RIP kid

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kentucky75
So why help the stupid people by being even more stupid and pig headed by making guns kids would be more likely to grab?

So because some people are stupid I should not have the ability to purchase an item in a certain color? That makes zero sense.

that is my argument...cause on this me and others could argue till i am blue in the face...pink and color painted guns DRAW a child to them...children will find a handgun or any gun i get that.....but why draw a picture on it begging a kid to grab me GRAB ME.

My wife and I sometimes use an "adult" toy that has a peace sign and a smiley face on it; we don't leave it laying out for the kids either and it's hardly lethal. It's made for adults, perhaps we should make anything intended for adult use be matte black, non-shinny and unattractive? I haven't the words to communicate how ridiculous this argument is.

If you dont got a child you will never understand my point...they are drawn to bright color's like moth to a flame.
hence why toy's are not gun metal in color 99% of the time... they are bright color to pop out and demand buy me pick me up..and in gun's case's shoot me.

I have a 15 year old actually, she has several firearms of her own and loves hunting. Several of her firearms including the first one I bought for her at 8 years old are either pink or a pink/gray cammo pattern.

I have loaded firearms all over the house with rounds chambered - I am comfortable that she understands firearm safety. She has been trained in the proper handling, loading, cleaning of all the weapons I own.

However, when she was a toddler - the # was locked up and out of reach.

Neither the firearm nor its availability in any certain color or pattern is the problem here it is the stupidity of the parents - period.

Limiting my daughter's choice of colors isn't going to prevent a child from grabbing a weapon if the weapon is stored correctly considering the age, maturity level and training level of the individuals in the home.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've been saying this for a while now, make it mandatory to own a gun-safe, if you own a gun. Even if the chances of this 3 year old not dying went up only 1% if the owner owned a gun safe, it would be an improvement. Owning a gun safe doesn't take away any rights, it's just common sense. Yet every time I mention this idea I'm met with crickets, there is no angle, only the desire to lock up guns away from instances like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
.....tragic..very sorry for thier loss

but..these isolated incidents ,since the sandy hook shooting, are being reported more and more and being made out that they are happening in every town in the u.s. everyday and night..this is for a purpose...to TAKE and or RESTRICT gun ownership in america....www.abovetopsecret.com... is a thread about some states trying to force gun owners to buy insurance...would this have helped in this or ANY of the recent shootings?

we live in a culture that is trying to make people opposed to guns and this is creating an uneducated class of people when in comes to guns...educate people about guns because all that is happening now is stupidity about guns...say you never let anybody get near a car..never..never show them anything about it or teach them anything about it...what do you think is gunna happen when they happen across a car? a very very very simplistic example, i know..but how does one make a point? does educating mean that no-one will die from accidental gun deaths? of course not..it would be naive to think that...www.kidsandcars.org... 2400 children a year are backed over by a vehicle in thier driveway every year...no amount of legislation or technology or insurance will stop that or accidental gun deaths...education and awareness..education and awareness.....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well, i think the mother might have learned a very expensive and painful lesson. That being, that morons should not be allowed to own guns, or have children. Nor people with Aspberger's Syndrome.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The reason you'd have a pistol is for security. The need to have a pink one is beyond me. Only in America aye!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Owning a gun safe doesn't take away any rights, it's just common sense. Yet every time I mention this idea I'm met with crickets, there is no angle, only the desire to lock up guns away from instances like this.

By the time you get your safe key, dial the combination or type in your code you're dead to an intruder. If an intruder enters your house, do you really think they are going to wait for you to open your gun case?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
what a sad story

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join